Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:17 PM

11 posts, read 44,294 times

Advertisements

But No Toledo Is Not A Good Place To LIVE i Live On The East In Birmingham And ****s Dangerous Over Here You Gotta Turn Your Base Down As Soon As You Hit Front ST Or *****s Will Follow Your Ass Home And JACK That ****, The Worst Parts Of Toledo Are, Cherry, Collingwood, Lagrange, Manhattan, Yo The South's Dirty And BAD Like The East, And Some Of Colling Wood, Lagrange, And Cherry But As Long As You Got A Gun With You Your Straight Half The Time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 11:25 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NATAS419 View Post
Naw, The Worst Places In Ohio By Far Are, Cleveland, Natti, Dayton, And Toledo,
You forgot Youngstown, which was rated about the same as Cleveland which was ranked as the most dangerous city in Ohio by far unfortunately.

If you include all cities including the smaller ones than East Cleveland is the worst... if you've ever been there before even driving around you would probably agree and if you've spent a good amount of time there you would agree.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 PM

Yea Youngstown Is Bad To But Clevelans Obviously The Worst Of All Of Them But Toledo's Gotten Way Worse Over The Years, The Murder Rate Timesd By x3, And Hit #27 On The National Dangerous City List Wich Is 2 Over Cincinnatti, And Its Not Much Of A Murder City More Of A Theft And Robbery One, But Cleveland IS Also Bigger Than Toledo BY Alot And Thats One Of The Reasons For The Crime Rate And Ive Just Got Back a week Ago From Detroit And Cleveland For A Pitbull Show And To Tell You Truth There Dont Look Like Much Of A Diffrence Between The People Or The Houses Just A Murder Rate And More People.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 AM

227 posts, read 626,138 times
In spite of all the hype about crime, in all the years I have lived here, I have never been murdered.

I always hear people talking about how dangerous Toledo is and, after living in Cleveland, I just don't get it... at all. If you don't feel safe in Toledo, don't move here.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM

374 posts, read 1,124,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
You forgot Youngstown, which was rated about the same as Cleveland which was ranked as the most dangerous city in Ohio by far unfortunately.

If you include all cities including the smaller ones than East Cleveland is the worst... if you've ever been there before even driving around you would probably agree and if you've spent a good amount of time there you would agree.
I was in East Cleveland not to long ago as well as the East Side 105th and Superior.... Yeah its pretty rough over there....

Old 10-07-2011, 09:57 PM

896 posts, read 1,852,873 times
Theres definitely violent crime in Toledo. To deny it would be ignorant, but to paint Toledo as comparable to the bigger rust belt cities is ridiculous.

As far as singling out the "bad areas" in Toledo, it all depends on what one considers bad. Safety is probably the most common concern, so in my opinion, the areas that warrant the most caution in regards to crime would be most of the inner ring neighborhoods outside of the Downtown area, and some neighborhoods extending farther from that. Im gonna name drop neighborhoods...

Old South End, ONYX, Roosevelt, Old West End (mostly the far north and west sides), LaGrange, Northriver/Vistula......are the worst areas in my opinion.

Other areas such as Secor Gardens and/or Scott Park, BUMA, East Toledo, and some areas of Five Points can be sketchy to varying degrees, and unsafe at times.

Theres also other sketchy corridors throughout the city where crimes are fairly common, mostly low density stretches of cheap apartment complexes, such as Airport Hwy - east of Reynolds, some areas of Alexis, etc.....but I wouldnt consider these areas "dangerous" at all.

And let us not forget, for every iffy neighborhood there is in Toledo, theres a safe, clean, pretty, and quiet neighborhood. While theres plenty of sketchy areas, the majority of Toledo is fine, and theres quite a few areas I would consider excellent.

---Just my opinion---

Old 10-08-2011, 09:53 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,762,743 times
No matter where you live, you should use caution, common sense, and good judgement. For example, I wouldn't walk alone anywhere at night, but many do... then when they are robbed, mugged, raped, etc., they become a crime statistic. Most (and I stress "most" because there are still cases of random shootings, etc.) crime is a result of drug dealing, domestic violence, or someone who needs "quick money" and is willing to do whatever it takes to get it. It's up to each of us to keep ourselves out of dangerous situations and places.

It's sad that criminals have taken away our personal freedom to do something as simple as walking our dog around the block at night, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:30 AM

Aright This All Im Trying To Say I Aint Bitchin Look At The Crime Rated From Toledos 2005 To Clevelands 2009:

Toledos Population-316,000
Clevelans Population-431,000

Toledo Murders 2005: 33
Cleveland Murders: 86

Now Cleveland Has 115,000 More People Then Toledo.
So Take Toledo And Add 115,00 More People Add To Toledo
Now Every 11.5 People By 100,000 Gets Murdered Add 11 Murders More To Toledo.

Toledo Murders: 44

Cleveland Has Almost Twice As Many Murders.

But If You Look At The Crime Divided By Each Person Per 100,00 People Youll See
Toledos: 770.1
Cleveland: 766.2

So You Can See Cleveland Has Twice As Many Murders As Many As Toledo With Toledo At 44 If The Population Was The Same As Cleveland And Clevelands At 86, But The Crime Rate For The 316,000 People Per 100,00 In Toledo Crime Rate Is 770.1, As Clevelands Is 766.2 Per Each 100,000 People.

So Like I Said Not Dissing Cleveland Just Proving A Point That Toledo Is A Dangerous City.
Cleveland Is Worse But In 2005 Toledo Had A Higher Crime Rate Per 100,000 People.
And Within The Past 10 Years Toledo Has Just Gotten Worse.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:46 AM

Aright This Is My Last Post, The Normal Ohio Crimes Compared To Toledos Crimes:

Toledo (Violent Crime): 1 In 87
The Normal Ohio (Violent Crime): 1 In 287

Toledos (Property Crime): 1 In 16
The Ohios Normal (Property Crime): 1 In 29

Toledo Crimes (Per Square Mile): 250
The Ohio Normal Crimes (Per Square Mile): 40

Like I Said Not Bitching But Toledo Is A Dangerous City.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:50 AM

And In My Opinion All Of Ohio Is Mostly Bad Besides By Washington Local.

But The Worst Places In My Opinion Are: Stickney, Lagrange, Manhattan Blvd, Cherry, Front St, West Side Is The Best You Can Be In I Can Honsetly Say I Have Nver Heard Gun Shot Or Nver Been Jumped While Walking, South Hood Is Pretty Dirt Im Not To Familiar With The Streets Tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo