Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 11:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,022 times

Advertisements

Hi, We will be moving to the Toledo area in early Oct and are looking for a rental home while we search to buy a house. We prefer 4 bedroom with minimum 3000 square footage. The rent range we are looking for is 2000-3500/month. We prefer the Perrysburg/Maumee areas but if appropriate rentals are available we can consider other areas for the right house. It would be one year minimum lease. We are a family of four. No pets and no smoking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 06:42 PM

6,596 posts, read 8,914,401 times
Post a housing wanted ad on craigslist. Contact a local realtor; there has to be someone in over their heads on a big home that is facing a short sale and would love to be able to rent it out for such a relatively exorbitant amount.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:53 PM

11 posts, read 46,558 times
A one-year long house search with the inventories this area has? If you're looking for the cookie-cutter suburbia house, you may want to consider you can probably find a move-in ready, just built house in Perrysburg. Finding a home in the Toledo area is not anything like finding a needle in a haystack. There's something for everyone. New, old, small, huge, historic, etc. Historic is about the only housing you'll find not inexpensive. I don't even think you can find rent as high as $3,000 around here unless you're looking for a castle. Lemme see...

Here's a 5 bed, 3.5 bath, 3100 square foot all-brick for $2,400/mo.: 14685 Prairie Lake Dr, Perrysburg, OH 43551 - Zillow

Maumee doesn't have the newer inventory like Perrysburg, although I'd honestly rather live there. But I'm afraid it's unlikely you'll find something that large in Maumee for rent. The one above is actually the only current match in Perrysburg, so you may want to inquire soon. Personally, Waterville is where I'd rather be, but again, homes typically aren't that large there either. From what it looks like - the link above is the only house in Perrysburg, Whitehouse, Waterville, Maumee, Rossford or even Sylvania that is 4 bedrooms and that large for rent, so you may want to inquire soon or you may have to move within the Toledo city limits to find what you're looking for.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 5,022 times
Thank you both for your replies. They were very helpful. I actually have already applied for that one house in Perryburg for 2400. I ended up finding two bigger houses for rent for 3k/month about 4,000 square feet in the Maumee area that are more suitable for our needs. They aren't castles but bigger than our current rental of 3 400 square feet so we are happy although like you said 3 000 is relatively exorbitant for the Toledo area. We went through the Danberry company which seems to have a larger rental inventory than the other rental agencies, at least for the Maumee/Perrysburg/Monclova area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo