Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 02:41 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,146,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post

LOL yes and the whole "you can't hear my voice" always makes me wonder what people are going to think. I never am mad on here, but you never know what the other poster might think.
At times I let my cyber-tongue slip and fire off a less-than-diplomatic comment, or make a blunt remark. I'm trying to get better about that. Sometimes I just don't know how else to say what I want to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 02:29 AM

14 posts, read 25,067 times
I have been admitted to the university of Toledo for PhD program and I have to move there. after that horrible things you said about Toledo I am afraid! now I don't know what to do , my wife is a physician and maybe we are going to have a baby..! we are coming from one of the middle east countries and we have a lot of costs to come there. so tell me what to do..!? you think that I have to come there and transfer to another university?

Old 05-07-2009, 11:53 AM

374 posts, read 1,124,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram29 View Post
I have been admitted to the university of Toledo for PhD program and I have to move there. after that horrible things you said about Toledo I am afraid! now I don't know what to do , my wife is a physician and maybe we are going to have a baby..! we are coming from one of the middle east countries and we have a lot of costs to come there. so tell me what to do..!? you think that I have to come there and transfer to another university?
No you don't have to do that, there is crime everywhere in every city. Don't throw away your education just because some gang members feel they have more control over the city because of less police on the streets. Just be aware of your surroundings and if your looking for a place to live ask some of the people on this thread that could help you find a decent area for you and your family to reside. Do your research and I'm sure everything will work out great. The truth is we need more educated people to relocate here and help build this city back to its full potential.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:04 AM

232 posts, read 553,032 times
Quote:
Don't be alarmed by some of the posts in this thead. You'll see when you get here that most of the Toledo area is very safe and nice. If I had read some of those posts before moving here, I would have been terrified too! But only a few areas of Toledo are like that. Yes, get some advice before you find a place to live, and you and your family will be fine. Good luck!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:46 AM

14 posts, read 25,067 times
Dear NeedAVacation & lastonestanding , Thanks for your advises , when I get my visa will ask you to help me find a safe place to live...

Old 05-19-2009, 09:17 PM

21 posts, read 139,692 times
Toledo IS a cakewalk.[/quote]

were at in toledo is a cake walk? belmont? colburn? hawley? junction? vance? buckingham? ha go there and say that they dont like whites they dont even like blacks if u aint from there u got a great chance of being shot or jumped or robbed especially wit no cops over their anymore its changing rappidly come here now thers no cops and a shooting nearly everyday

Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastonestanding View Post
This is from a Hartford thread
"The shootings and murders in Hartford are for the most part concentrated in a few bad areas of the city. Unless you go looking for this troube, the average person will never see this violence."

You can say the same about Toledo, so whats the difference???? Violence is violence no matter what city you live in.... And to say you've been somewhere versus living there is a whole different story.... If you lived in the worst part of Toledo you probably wouldnt say it is a cakewalk... The city of Toledo is more than just The University and everything west. Truthfully Toledo is not as bad as other cities like one person mentioned earlier but to say it is a cakewalk is a whole different story. And truthfully for the past two years here violence in the city calmed down a little, but now theres talks of 75 police officers getting laid off ontop of a having the second highest unemployment rate in the state at 14.3%.... Toledo is far from cakewalk....
And this is coming from someone who has lived in two of the worst neighborhoods on the southside and westside of Chicago... Englewood & Humboldt Park

Thank you for saying that because in my neighborhood no one would call a cake walk but the university isnt bad unless u are a little south of scott park no toledo as a whole isnt bad but there are terrible neighborhoods that bad things can happen to people there if not from that neighborhood just for not living there and it seems as tho now with the police layoffs its like they gave up on the city its as if the cops arent trying to stop crimes to get cops back to show we need them

Old 05-20-2009, 03:08 AM

89 posts, read 449,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoBoi4Life View Post
Toledo IS a cakewalk.

were at in toledo is a cake walk? belmont? colburn? hawley? junction? vance? buckingham? ha go there and say that they dont like whites they dont even like blacks if u aint from there u got a great chance of being shot or jumped or robbed especially wit no cops over their anymore its changing rappidly come here now thers no cops and a shooting nearly everyday[/quote]

yea, everywhere got their bad areas, but toledo ain't as bad as you make it out to be. go to e. 79, kinsman, 140th, 105th, st. clair (my hood), hayden, eddy rd, elderwood, shaw ave, chapman, garden valley on e. 79th, e. 93, 99th, northfield, 116th, and compare these areas to the bad areas in toledo and you'll see that there's a big differance why cleveland is one of the most dangerous cities in america and why toledo doesn't even make the list (which is a good thing).

Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 PM

the ghettos in toledo have worsend ten fold you arent here right now we have no cops stoping crimes anymore nd do they shoot you for not being from that neighborhood now a days idk but here they do and dont get caught or punished for doin it because the cops gave up and the ones left are beating up people for loitering

Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 AM

154 posts, read 605,967 times
Quote:
I graduated from the University of Toledo. I attended both day and night classes year round and never had an issue. I would walk alone to my car at night without a problem. Just live in one of the suburbs of Toledo and commute. That's what I did and never had a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo