Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate the weather of Toronto from your personal experience?
I think the weather's pretty good. Not perfect, but it's good enough. 4 44.44%
I find the weather barely tolerable, but it is tolerable. 4 44.44%
I do not like the weather. It is a pretty big problem for me. 1 11.11%
I extremely dislike the weather so much that I have moved away or am seriously thinking of it. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:51 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,776,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Your information only goes up to the year 2000. I was pretty clear in my post that winters were much colder in the 80's and 90's. Your numbers go no further than the 90's. I think if you were to get the data for the last 10 years, you would see a pretty large increase in temperature.
You don't understand. Your observations (above freezing March, only January and February truly being cold and snowy) were the norm for the last three decades of the last century (1971-2000).

Toronto has warmed a tiny bit according to the stats, but not much. You shouldn't be too worried about Tdot having the climate of Cincinnati anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 AM

328 posts, read 997,153 times
I have heard some people from warm countries say that Toronto is uncomfortable in the summer because of the humidity.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
If you find Toronto summers comfortable, great! I'm happy for you. But don't laugh at people who think differently, because it makes you seem like a you-know-what.
Your logic is like "I feel I am very poor because I only make $100K a year and can't afford buying a Porsche SUV and a Rosedale mansion. I don't care those who are really poor and can't even make ends meet around me. When I feel poor, I am poor."

Call me anything if you want. To say having 5 days over 32C is a hot summer, that's laughable. Sure you have the right to say how you feel about Toronto summer, so do I have the right to laugh at such comments.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 PM

938 posts, read 1,515,379 times
Winters are way too cold. Better than Buffalo because there's less snow to shovel, and better than inland cities like Minneapolis, Syracuse, and Albany because cold snaps aren't as cold (rarely ever below -20 C in Toronto, though every idiot will disagree and quote the windchill). However I hate it when your ears and hands will freeze if you don't cover them, and snow stays for more than a week without melting. It would be great to have snow sometimes and temperatures slightly above freezing (snowman weather), like what you have in Philadelphia, NYC, and Boston, than the brutal cold with dry snow you see in Toronto.

Summer temperatures in Toronto are fine, the only problem is the humidity. I'd be fine with 32 degrees every day if it was dry like in northern California. But the humidity in Toronto is uncomfortable. I suppose it's better to be 27 degrees with high humidity than 35 degrees and high humidity like in Houston.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:51 PM

43 posts, read 53,205 times
lol cold winters , and hot summers!!!! what else can you ask for??? i feel bad for those who live in Texas , Florida and other Tropical climates. always dealing with floods, tornadoes , hurricanes.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:12 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,858 times
It's the humidity in the summer that kills me. I can't take it. It's like breathing in soup some days.

The cold winters you can atleast deal with. Just bundle up.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:05 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
I haven't lived in Toronto ever so I won't vote, but I'm still weighing in since I visit frequently.

You should have added an option in between good and tolerable. I live 4 hours north and when I come in March, there's usually no snow while we still have a ton of **** to deal with up in Sudbury. I check the temps during mid winter often and I never find it really bad. I think if it averaged a few degrees warmer in the winter I would have no problems with it at all. I can see how most foreigners think it's a nightmare though.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:12 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtropical weather sucks View Post
lol cold winters , and hot summers!!!! what else can you ask for??? i feel bad for those who live in Texas , Florida and other Tropical climates. always dealing with floods, tornadoes , hurricanes.
Texas and Florida don't have tropical climates.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:15 PM

43 posts, read 53,205 times
Toronto's climate is perfect 9 months a year. only months i find difficult to deal with are june ,july and august, because its really warm sometimes even HOT. (Canadian standard)

Old 11-07-2013, 06:41 PM

Location: San Diego via Orange County via Toronto via Rome Italy
390 posts, read 795,377 times
The poll is closed - but 24 years in Toronto . . .read my "location" line . . . 'nuff said.

The only thing worse than Toronto's winters are its summers . . . humidity is soul-draining.

P.S. Can I pick cities with "interesting" mayors or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto