Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 02:35 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,227,007 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a commercial shredding service for personal documents including old tax returns etc. in the Richmond Hill area?

We don't have much to shred (maybe one boxful or so) and some of the companies I've found want larger loads.

Do any banks/credit unions offer this service? I notice in the US they do.

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 10:33 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,139 times
'googling' brought up this site,
https://www.shredex.ca/Locations/richmond-hill.html

Anyway, I shred only the portions with my name, address, accounts #, and other personal details. My current shredder is the 2nd one I own to date, both were around $50 - $70 each from Costco. The less sensitive portions can be torn to bits by hand or scissors.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:32 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,227,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie86 View Post
'googling' brought up this site,
https://www.shredex.ca/Locations/richmond-hill.html

Anyway, I shred only the portions with my name, address, accounts #, and other personal details. My current shredder is the 2nd one I own to date, both were around $50 - $70 each from Costco. The less sensitive portions can be torn to bits by hand or scissors.
Thanks I already did Google and call many of the places that came up, including the one above, which happens to be in Mississauga even though it came up under Richmond Hill, that's too far for my mom (in her 80's) to drive. The rest of them seem to be the same, they say they service an area but are miles (and hours) away.

I am not up there to do it for her right now and there is SO much to shred (buisness papers etc.) so I will have to find a place for her.

I wish banks did it a service the way they do here in AZ.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:31 AM

12 posts, read 37,156 times
dougie you have posted very very important information on your page i like to visit the posted web page

Old 01-23-2017, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,258 times
Hi Dougie,

Disposing of confidential information using a shredder isn't as safe since you'll need to also find a secure disposal location. Of which there aren't many. Here is an article on the cost break down of doing your own paper shredding versus other alternatives. Which actually becomes quite expensive over time!

Cost analysis of doing your own shredding: How not using shredding services can be dangerous and costly for your company -

Hope this helps!
Own

Old 01-23-2017, 10:48 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Why don't you just buy a shredder and do it yourself? If it is only one box what is all the fuss about? If will likely cost you less to just buy a basic shredder?

You can get one on kijiji for $10 ( it is in Markhan .. I just checked for you )!

I personally find shredding paper therapeutic .... especially if it is bills !

Old 07-29-2021, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 922 times
Default Comparison of local shredding companies

Here is a comparison of local Toronto-area shredding companies that may be helpful
https://www.blue-pencil.ca/shred-it-vs-iron-mountain/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto