Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 PM

6 posts, read 30,045 times

Advertisements

hahahahaha feminism ftw! I still love toronto's women. What you people are talking about doesn't actually make any sense to me at all. From my experience the women in toronto are just really frustrated. I mean let's be real, typical people's lives suck.

Wake up @ 6:45 - have breakfast, brush teeth, take shower.
Get in car/subway @ 8:00 - be in traffic or wait for ttc to stop being stupid for five minutes.
Work @ 9:00 - do things that more times then not feel completely useless and a drain on your time in exchange for mediocre pay.
Get off work @ 5:00 - repeat 8am thing

Then its either watch the typical 6 hours of TV before bed or go to gym and maybe read something.

On the weekends go shopping to buy things you don't actually care to have because oh it'll look nice with the furniture or new shoes or whatever, maybe go see some family or friends, 1 - 35 times a year go on a date depending on how hot/single you are, etc....

Think about the mediocre existence that women live. I've heard people complain about 6's here, and for some reason I just can't help but ask: "why not just stop chasing 6's then?" lol.

Look I get a lot of you people are frustrated, hell for a really long time I was as well, but blaming your rate of success on a geographical location is just drawing away from the very real problem that you have with socializing with others. A lot of the things I've read here scream inexperience and a very limited data set. Try this experiment and see what happens: after work walk around and say hi to at least five girls every day that you think are attractive. Nothing exaggerated, just make eye contact, say hi, and you've succeeded. You can either walk away or stay and converse, the point isn't to pickup, but it will show you that toronto's women are much more friendly then you would think.

Finally I'd advise you to start becoming the type of person that women WANT to be around. I'm sorry to tell you guys but your job, your education, your money, your clothes, and whatever other material thing out there that can be gained won't help you. Its a bit easier to keep a woman around with some of those things, but if you being fundamentally you without all that stuff is unable to attract the type of woman you want then sitting and crying on the internet won't help you, go out and learn. And stay away from the pickup artists, I've met over 100 and I've only met two who have really good sex lives, one of which could hold relationships. Stay away from any advice column on the topic as well. Everyone that gets paid to give that advice has an agenda whether its "pay two thousand dollars for my bootcamp to teach you" or "pay $5000 for that watch I'm selling because it'll show women you have cash".

Instead just have some fun, laugh a lot, and in general try to make people around you happier by being an example for them. My dates consist of skydiving on weekends and going to see my dj friend spin his next club banger. When I want to do something I work my ass off to save the money (plus a little extra on the side, I have OCD when it comes to budgeting) and then I do it, I travel to other parts of the world besides cuba or dominican, and we'll go to a nightclub and ususally that'll consist of me dancing on a table like a psychopath (sober I might add). You don't have to be me, but shake things up a bit and make your existence interesting. You've only got one life, live it.

Hope this comment helps

Old 08-27-2013, 06:04 PM

7 posts, read 34,954 times
THIS IS SO TRUE MY GOD I cant believe how DARE my parents would raise me in a **** city like this I BLAME THEM for giving me birth HERE in this ****hole excuse my French im 19 and never experienced ANY meaningfull realationships here at all just all meaningless im suffering just like you are my friend if you move its probably the only way on earth we can have a better life my friend.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:42 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeldaShocka View Post
After reading this conversation I need to say that the women of Tdot do in fact SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are slim and white then you think you are a princess and be all snubby with other dudes. Its friggin sick man, everywhere you go. All they want is a big rugged, shaggy head man who will do what they want when they want. It don't matter if you have a job or you smart or funny. These women don't have any depth and they don't want someone who is real or got soul. All you punks who think there is something wrong with the dudes in the city sound like Pick Up Artists who study how to talk to woman for a living and pretend you get laid every night. What do you have to study this shtt in Tdot if people just be normal and smile and have fun??? Not hard to get laid if you drop the bar and chat up a fatty, we all been there. I can't wait to get down to Vegas where I can lay back and chill with some laid back ladies by the pool for a change.
I must say I'm shocked...SHOCKED!!... that women don't want to hang out with you.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:12 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,241,768 times
Watch this guy and learn. All of his videos are shot in Toronto.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:11 AM

45 posts, read 76,321 times
What a bunch of losers. This entire forum is becoming more and more about idiots and less about information. And most of you fellows above? As a woman, I wouldn't give you the time of day, so there you go. You all sound like narcissistic, immature, uneducated jerks in a pissing contest.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:07 AM

9 posts, read 12,564 times
Stumbled across this post by accident, actually looking to move out of Toronto partially because of the environment and atmosphere caused by the people, though not specifically the women...I am a born and raised Toronto girl (though "suburbanite, as many of you would call me) having lived in Richmond Hill my whole life (cue the 905er digs on 1..2..3 but have frequented all areas of downtown my whole life. I agree with a lot of what is said on here, finding people to be cold, distant, generally unfriendly and often times down right rude in Toronto. Not just women, but unfortunately, I have encountered much more of this from females then males. I think the issues are split into two really; one being the general human interaction and the second being the dating scene. As a population, I find we are to self involved, hurried, cold and distant and being overly friendly is unfortunately not the norm here. This means that if someone was to say hi or be overly friendly; our first instinct is to think them weird or having some sort of motive. While someone going out of there way to be friendly to me for no reason most times puts a smile on my face and improves my mood, I have, depending the situation, caught myself wondering if they are "off" or what their motive is. Saddens me. As for the dating scene, the problem is on both ends, but unfortunately, Toronto girls have a reputation for being standoffish and rude. This is a generalization, yes, but on the social scene in Toronto somewhat true. Of course if you are in the entertainment district, this should be expected, but it is not only there. It is however right, that there is generally a reason for this attitude and often has to do with the way guys are treated first. Guys can argue they treat girls that way because we are "b****es" and who knows which came first. When I am approached by guys, I have often found myself having this awful attitude (mind you, I will openly admit it to any guy), but it is mostly when approached in a certain way. For a girl dead set on her independence, who is not looking for a guy with a fat wallet (preferably not living off his parents, but a fat wallet is not going to make me happy), a fancy car, clothes more expensive then mine, it is not often a genuine guy approaches you. Sure, attraction is a big part of first impressions, but I have been approached by guys who aren't GQ models but were either funny, or extremely engaging and ended up finding them extremely attractive. Since meeting someone at a bar or club, likely wont yield anyone looking for any more than physical satisfaction or bragging rights (judging from some posts on here) and it is so rare that anyone engages in random conversation while just out and about (so sad, recent trip to Nashville, some of the best conversations I had were in the grocery stores and local liquor store in the middle of the day...) it seems the best way to meet people, is group activities (sports etc) and through friends of friends.

As for meeting friends, I agree this is also difficult. I have lived here all my life and can honestly say the number of people I consider a friend can be counted on one hand. My definition of friend, is not a casual social acquaintance I see for parties and such. It is someone I trust, I love, go to for advice and would be there for me through anything. That is hard to find and whether that is localized to Toronto or not I don't know. I do know that in my adult years, I have not met many people I would consider friends, but I also know that from being stabbed in the back by too many females I have my back up to new people.

For Indigolady not sure where your originally from, but it sounds like your experiencing both a culture shock (if from the south, I can attest to how much friendlier and happier people are to strangers) as well as a lack of people sharing the same interests. You wont find many in Toronto that listen to country music etc, so keeping an open mind to other things will help. While it sounds like you have had bad experiences with Toronto girls, calling us names etc as generalizations is not going to help your case. While I share many of the same views as you, if I was to meet you at a party and hear you talk that way, I would immediately generalize you and choose not to continue speaking to you....

Theres my rant Thought I would share my two cents as a life long Toronto girl (kind of), as this particular issue has been at front of mind of late and caused me to seriously consider moving...

Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 PM

7 posts, read 12,428 times
This thread is a joke. Let me tell the men in toronto something:

The reason the majority of women dont want some random guy hitting on them is because the majority of random guys are just looking to get LAID!!!

Speaking from experience (and im sure lots of other women in TO will say) that any guy I have talked to that has randomly approached me at a bar/club/street has always gone straight for the kill if you say. Now I'm one of those "snobby" TO girls you talk about who dont want a guy to approach them.

I've had better luck meeting men through friends, work and school.

It is what it is, no girl wants to be your toy for the night, sorry....

Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticman View Post
Watch this guy and learn. All of his videos are shot in Toronto.

The video is obviously staged. 99% of women in Toronto would look at him and think he was either a perv or a mental patient.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:07 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstickjunkie View Post
This thread is a joke. Let me tell the men in toronto something:

The reason the majority of women dont want some random guy hitting on them is because the majority of random guys are just looking to get LAID!!!

Speaking from experience (and im sure lots of other women in TO will say) that any guy I have talked to that has randomly approached me at a bar/club/street has always gone straight for the kill if you say. Now I'm one of those "snobby" TO girls you talk about who dont want a guy to approach them.

I've had better luck meeting men through friends, work and school.

It is what it is, no girl wants to be your toy for the night, sorry....

Away from Toronto they don't seem to mind being a toy for the night.
As for Toronto women, unless you have an expensive car and worship your corporate job (or are a musclebound dolt who has no brain), they don't want to give you a second look.
Toronto women are too much work and I can't be bothered with them.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:43 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,241,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
The video is obviously staged. 99% of women in Toronto would look at him and think he was either a perv or a mental patient.
His videos aren't staged at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto