Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,490 times

Advertisements

I have been to Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa with friends. I think for friends Montreal and Ottawa would be the best choices. Ottawa is a serious city with nice people, Montreal is more of a "fun city" where people are chill and relax. Summer is awesome over there (they have so many festivals and the F1 week-end) the only thing i dislike about Montreal would be the winter, it's a bit too long for me but once the summer comes you'll say it was worth the waiting. On sundays there are plenty of people gathering at the mount-royal park near Mcgill to play tam-tam and dance. Overall it's a welcoming city that knows how to party. Again the girls in Montreal are known to be HOT, and they are. Girls are why i went there in the first place and i was not disappointed but toronto has a lot of hot girls too, they're just a bit less fun but they're nice. For the violence, as much as i think Vancouver looks awesome i've heard some pretty messed up things about that city, it has one of the most dangerous neighborhood in North america (downtown est side) but again it looks great and one of my friend who actually lives there told me she loves it. I would say toronto is like chicago violence wise and violence in montreal or Ottawa is non existent except sometimes fights when you get out of bars. Montreal has THE best nightlife in canada hands down. I would say if you like diversity, partying and french culture go with montreal. If you wanna work and live in a big city, go with toronto. If you like nice, quiet and welcoming city go with ottawa. The only place i know i don't wanna go is Calgary but that's my opinion. Hope i helped. Good luck. P.S NYC is great too, but it's not in Canada....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 07:24 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastcoastNYC View Post
as much as i think Vancouver looks awesome i've heard some pretty messed up things about that city, it has one of the most dangerous neighborhood in North america (downtown est side)
In North America?????

Old 04-04-2013, 07:39 PM

484 posts, read 1,286,493 times
Quote:
I would say toronto is like chicago violence wise
LOL......um, no.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Quote:
I have been to Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa with friends. I think for friends Montreal and Ottawa would be the best choices. Ottawa is a serious city with nice people, Montreal is more of a "fun city" where people are chill and relax. Summer is awesome over there (they have so many festivals and the F1 week-end) the only thing i dislike about Montreal would be the winter, it's a bit too long for me but once the summer comes you'll say it was worth the waiting. On sundays there are plenty of people gathering at the mount-royal park near Mcgill to play tam-tam and dance. Overall it's a welcoming city that knows how to party. Again the girls in Montreal are known to be HOT, and they are. Girls are why i went there in the first place and i was not disappointed but toronto has a lot of hot girls too, they're just a bit less fun but they're nice. For the violence, as much as i think Vancouver looks awesome i've heard some pretty messed up things about that city, it has one of the most dangerous neighborhood in North america (downtown est side) but again it looks great and one of my friend who actually lives there told me she loves it. I would say toronto is like chicago violence wise and violence in montreal or Ottawa is non existent except sometimes fights when you get out of bars. Montreal has THE best nightlife in canada hands down. I would say if you like diversity, partying and french culture go with montreal. If you wanna work and live in a big city, go with toronto. If you like nice, quiet and welcoming city go with ottawa. The only place i know i don't wanna go is Calgary but that's my opinion. Hope i helped. Good luck. P.S NYC is great too, but it's not in Canada....
Pretty much all of this post is BS.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 AM

408 posts, read 607,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Pretty much all of this post is BS.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 PM

477 posts, read 803,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Do you want to work in Canada or just go to university here? The answer would be quite different depending on your answer. If you want to immigrate permanently, are you eligible to do so? It's not an easy thing to do.

In my opinion, the best city to go to school in is Montreal, and the best city for a guy like you to go to work in that field in would be Toronto.
I agree with this.

By the way, Montreal girls are the hottest by far.

Though I think you'd do best in T.O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto