Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 PM

171 posts, read 407,342 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, this is my first post here so I'm sorry if this or anything similar have already been posted.

So, I've been doing a lot of serious researching for the last 3 weeks on which major city in Canada might be right for me, but its been a tough decision. I graduate high school next year (2013) and could really use well rounded advice.

Few questions (hopefully not too many):

1) Will I be able to make friends in any of these cities?

2) How are the girls? I've heard a couple of things, mixed really on the attitude of some (mostly in Toronto), and if so are they hot? Would I have a shot at any? Here's a pic so you can judge:

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...229121619b.jpg

3) Safety; which parts of these city are safest?

4) Day & Nightlife; which city is more fun?

5) Finally, from personal experience which city would you recommend more?

Thanks for any help you could give me. Looking forward to becoming an "active" member of this forum. Considering how friendly it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 08:01 PM

364 posts, read 1,192,519 times
It is insane to think that the girls in one city will be prettier than in another. All those cities have large populations with a mix of people from all ages and ethnicities and also all levels of "hotness".
It is also impossible for us to say which city will be easiest for you to make friends.
When you graduate from HS, what do you plan to do?
What are your interests?
Where do you live now?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhts View Post
It is insane to think that the girls in one city will be prettier than in another. All those cities have large populations with a mix of people from all ages and ethnicities and also all levels of "hotness".
It is also impossible for us to say which city will be easiest for you to make friends.
When you graduate from HS, what do you plan to do?
What are your interests?
Where do you live now?
Thanks for that, what I meant was which has the friendliest people.

When you graduate from HS, what do you plan to do? Go to college, and major in Business Economics.

What are your interests? Music, traveling, some wrestling, and just hanging out meeting new people.

Where do you live now? In Georgia.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:18 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,524,598 times
Do you want to work in Canada or just go to university here? The answer would be quite different depending on your answer. If you want to immigrate permanently, are you eligible to do so? It's not an easy thing to do.

In my opinion, the best city to go to school in is Montreal, and the best city for a guy like you to go to work in that field in would be Toronto.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:05 AM

126 posts, read 557,193 times
Whatever you do, don't come to Toronto. You will regret it.

About women and nightlife, you might want to check these out:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/toron...ved-flaky.html
What's the matter with Toronto? Seriously...

If you have the time (and really, if you are thinking of moving somewhere you should find the time to investigate your options before making a decision), read through both of those. I mean read every post in both threads.

Of the places you listed I would try Vancouver.

Again, whatever you do, don't come to Toronto.

Finally, don't come to Toronto.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 AM

364 posts, read 1,192,519 times
If you are attending University, you will be surrounded by people your age from all over the place so I don't think you will have trouble making friends or meeting women in any of those cities.
You need to find out what school offers the best program for what you want and which schools will accept you and go from there.

All those cities have something to offer. As mentioned, Toronto is top for jobs in the business/financial sector.

Finally, don't listen to the above poster...people can have bad experiences in any city.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Do you want to work in Canada or just go to university here? The answer would be quite different depending on your answer. If you want to immigrate permanently, are you eligible to do so? It's not an easy thing to do.

In my opinion, the best city to go to school in is Montreal, and the best city for a guy like you to go to work in that field in would be Toronto.
Yes, I've use this wizard here: Come to Canada
it says I'm eligible to come and work without a permit based on the field of work I plan on pursuing, Business Economics.

But, I plan on coming in 2014 visiting and looking for a job. I plan to stay at least 4 months, with around $10,000 - $12,000 with me. After that, I'll probably get a job working as a Genius for Apple.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving on a Jet Plane View Post
Whatever you do, don't come to Toronto. You will regret it.

About women and nightlife, you might want to check these out:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/toron...ved-flaky.html
What's the matter with Toronto? Seriously...

If you have the time (and really, if you are thinking of moving somewhere you should find the time to investigate your options before making a decision), read through both of those. I mean read every post in both threads.

Of the places you listed I would try Vancouver.

Again, whatever you do, don't come to Toronto.

Finally, don't come to Toronto.
What were your experiences with the city, why do you dislike it so much?

Those post seem to set the feeling that the girls are mostly taken on good looking guys. On where I'm from (Georgia) I've been told multiple times I'm a good looking guy, but IDK how it's works personally up there. Based on the pic, would I have a chance.

Last edited by DevonHardy; 04-25-2012 at 11:02 AM..

Old 04-25-2012, 12:41 PM

126 posts, read 557,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonHardy View Post
What were your experiences with the city, why do you dislike it so much?

Those post seem to set the feeling that the girls are mostly taken on good looking guys. On where I'm from (Georgia) I've been told multiple times I'm a good looking guy, but IDK how it's works personally up there. Based on the pic, would I have a chance.
Go through my past posts to get an idea of why I don't like it much. (You will also find other links I have like the two I posted above.)

Also check out the two threads I posted, especially the Roosh one.

Based on that pic, yes, I think you would struggle here with women.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:11 PM

277 posts, read 785,967 times
Don't even think of going anywhere else EXCEPT Montreal for school. It is literally one of the best cities for student life in North America. If you become fluent in French, stay. If not, consider TO or Van City for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto