Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 04:29 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times

Advertisements

[quote=lookyhere;42075093]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Natural beauty, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Many white men find black women attractive, but are afraid to show an interest in them, assuming they would not be interested in a white guy. I would certainly date a black woman, but up to now I've only had black women as friends, not girlfriends or lovers.[/quote

"...but are afraid to show an interest in them, assuming they would not be interested in a white guy.."

Bingo.

I thought it was common knowledge that black women regard all white guys as George Costanza clones.

I am not black, but I have had very close black female freinds all my life. You can not assume anyone's preferences. I know plent of black women that do, have or would date a white, hispanic or asain guy (of any variety). If you like someone just ask them out. This is Canada and even more so this is a multicultural city in Canada. Black, white, green, blue ... whatever.. if you like someone go for it. I have black female female and male freinds that have dated people that are not black. If you walk around Toronto inter-racial, cultural or religious couples are pretty common. If someone aske me to describe what physical attributes I like in a man I could give some general idea, but attraction is a combination of the whole package of what makes up a person so whatever I said would get tossed a side if I met someone who met few or none of the criteria. If you are attracted to someone just ask them out and see where it goes.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:05 PM

562 posts, read 463,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay By The Phone View Post
When I used to live in Toronto with my current girl friend I noticed this too. However Im a skinny white boy and I met my current sexy black girlfriend in Toronto. Walking around even in Toronto we got dirty looks, mostly from black guys but we just laughed it off. I think the reason why you might see more black women alone than with a white guy is because for the most part white men think black women are not interested in them and only like black guys. That is not always the case and it is slowly becoming more common to see a white guy with a black girl these days.

I met my girl friend at a mall however for you I would either recommend on line dating, that way you know who is interested in you easier or just go to a bar and have a smile on and guys will approach you without feeling like you are not interested in them.

Hope this helps.
This is all very interesting.

Last edited by Cara_319; 11-29-2015 at 09:18 PM..

Old 12-20-2015, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,153 times
I am a white professional male who is attracted to black ladies for their looks and attitude, but even I found it had to initiate flirting as most Asian and white norms societiatlly don't call for super direct flirting as I see my black guy friends use. The result is I hit on a sexy black lady and she is almost completely oblivious to my flirting. So black ladies when a white guy starts admiring your bag, shoes or necklace and talks about where to you like to go etc. He is hitting on you!!!! I just cant come over and say i love your booty or want to get with you. Just wasn't raised that way, sorry.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:52 PM

Default Lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothoperator46 View Post
I am a white professional male who is attracted to black ladies for their looks and attitude, but even I found it had to initiate flirting as most Asian and white norms societiatlly don't call for super direct flirting as I see my black guy friends use. The result is I hit on a sexy black lady and she is almost completely oblivious to my flirting. So black ladies when a white guy starts admiring your bag, shoes or necklace and talks about where to you like to go etc. He is hitting on you!!!! I just cant come over and say i love your booty or want to get with you. Just wasn't raised that way, sorry.
Funny, but actually really true. The irony of women ( or maybe just me) ... sometimes when I guy is less aggressive I personally just don't get it due to the types of guys I was usually around growing up. I am not black, but I am from the Caribbean and lived in an area in Toronto that had a large Caribbean and Latin American population. Men from both these backgrounds that have families that have not been in Canada for 2 or more generations tend to be a lot more direct when they are interested in you. I find by the 2nd generation it tones down a bit. I am not saying that these more direct approaches cannot no be uncomfortable or over the top at times, but they are way less confusing. When being approached by guys from other backgrounds ex white Canadian not really sure how to read them. Ex are you just making conversation or are you interested in me. I am not saying that this approach is bad... but I get how someone could be confused by it as it often confuses me. Ex a man tell me he likes my purse or comments too much about my fashion sense without a sexual tone to it... I personally would think there might be a chance he is not straight and just making conversation. Wow ... pretty tricky being a guy sometimes and knowing exactly the best way to approach someone. Interesting.

I am going to throw out one more slightly controversial comment on this topic. As an ethnic girl I got to say personally sometimes I would avoid dating certain men (and I know some of my friends are the same) in concern that they just wanted to fool around with me for experience of being with an exotic ethnic girl and would not actually want to bring me home to their parents. I have actually known several girls personally that got hit with that type of scenario. The guys were more then willing to dating them and fool around with them, but when it came time for these guys to want to get married and start having families they quickly diverted back to their roots and married someone from the same race/religion/culture. No one like to feel like they were just being toyed with.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:46 AM

126 posts, read 557,093 times
Don't listen to some posters, race is one of the most factors on the dating scene in Toronto, perhaps even the most important, if you are of the wrong race. You can see this if you visit certain dating sites where people can list the races that they are open and look at the various groups men and women are and are not interested in.

On the male side, certainly, your race is everything with most women. Thus if you are an Asian male, for example, you will find precious few non-Asian women will have you listed as a race they are open to. If you are white, by contrast, you will have virtually all non-white women open to you, as well as virtually all white women (many of whom, unlike most non-white women, specify that they are only open to same-race men). In fact, you will have a significant number of your own Asian women specifically saying that they are only open to white men, or white and Latino men. Similar things are true for black and East Indian men, but from my observations, Asian men have it a little worse.

Again, this is not merely my opinion, but verifiable facts. Check here, for example, for yourself if you don't believe me.

You see the same thing play out on the weekends in mainstream bars and clubs. In fact, to really drive home how strong these preferences are, you really have to see them play out in bars and clubs. You could be well-built and look like a model, but if you are of the wrong race, you will have a hard time attracting attention.

As for the female side, I cannot report what I have seen for myself on these sites (since I am not looking at male profiles), but everything I have seen or read suggests that things are somewhat different, though not so much for black women. Research suggests that men generally have less race preferences than women do, but for the men who do have preferences, black women are the least desired group of women. I see no reason why this wouldn't be true of Toronto. That said, I am sure very attractive black women do have men lining up to date them, especially the lighter-skinned ones, though one notable thing about what I have seen in this city -- very attractive black women with very average or even below average looking non-black men -- suggests that even very attractive black women have their value downgraded because of their race.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving on a Jet Plane View Post
Don't listen to some posters, race is one of the most factors on the dating scene in Toronto, perhaps even the most important, if you are of the wrong race. You can see this if you visit certain dating sites where people can list the races that they are open and look at the various groups men and women are and are not interested in.

On the male side, certainly, your race is everything with most women. Thus if you are an Asian male, for example, you will find precious few non-Asian women will have you listed as a race they are open to. If you are white, by contrast, you will have virtually all non-white women open to you, as well as virtually all white women (many of whom, unlike most non-white women, specify that they are only open to same-race men). In fact, you will have a significant number of your own Asian women specifically saying that they are only open to white men, or white and Latino men. Similar things are true for black and East Indian men, but from my observations, Asian men have it a little worse.

Again, this is not merely my opinion, but verifiable facts. Check here, for example, for yourself if you don't believe me.

You see the same thing play out on the weekends in mainstream bars and clubs. In fact, to really drive home how strong these preferences are, you really have to see them play out in bars and clubs. You could be well-built and look like a model, but if you are of the wrong race, you will have a hard time attracting attention.

As for the female side, I cannot report what I have seen for myself on these sites (since I am not looking at male profiles), but everything I have seen or read suggests that things are somewhat different, though not so much for black women. Research suggests that men generally have less race preferences than women do, but for the men who do have preferences, black women are the least desired group of women. I see no reason why this wouldn't be true of Toronto. That said, I am sure very attractive black women do have men lining up to date them, especially the lighter-skinned ones, though one notable thing about what I have seen in this city -- very attractive black women with very average or even below average looking non-black men -- suggests that even very attractive black women have their value downgraded because of their race.
If you are black, asian, short, bald, over weight or whatever someone on this forum tosses out there as a less desirable trait and reading this I got to throw this out there... break the sterotypes ... in fact kick them to the curb. If you are good person, got personality and have good intentions (ex you are looking for one person .. not just to randomly fool around with a bunch of people)... get out there have some fun and meet people. There is no perfect time or perfect way to look.

Another things Leaving on a Jet Plane indirectly what you are saying is that wording indirectly make me think that consciously or subconsciously you think the opion of white women is more important or being with a white women is valued as more important. If might me to you .. but frankly the worlds got a lot of excitement then vanilla .. and my saying that I am not trying to say there is anything wrong with with women... but frankly I do not get what all the fuss it about. The colour of someone's skin is just one of the million of characteristic that make up that person. It is really silly to just assume that someone is not going to like you if you do not at least try getting to know them.

Re the Asian men thing ... sorry I got to say my family is from a hot little multi-cultura/ multi-racial Tropical Island call Trinidad and Tobago and on behalf of my super hot Asian (Oriental-Trini and Indo-Trini brown skin cousins and family freinds) who never have any trouble meeting women in this city and around the world that are black, white, brown and whatever else in between... I got to disagree. If you have the right attitude and try to be social you will be okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto