Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 03:15 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,800,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post

That decapitation thing is horrible! Now I'm scared to get on the bus, people are CRAZY!! And if everyone was off the bus why didn't the Canadian police just put a bullet in his brain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 03:38 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If we are talking about Piers Morgan what illegal act is he calling for? From what i saw of his show he wasnt calling for anything but merely expressing his views on the logic of having guns with 30-90 round magazines..
Look.....I think the petition itself is stupid as it accomplishes nothing. I was mainly sticking up for the petitioner's right to petition.

With that said....he was talking about restricting something a lot of Americans (including the Supreme Court fairly recently) consider an unalienable right.

This all leads to the humorous part....Brits Petition UK: Don't Want Piers Morgan Back!

http://www.infowars.com/brits-petiti...ce=twitterfeed

Old 12-26-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
I remember the IRA setting off bombs in England, killing many innocent children.
Not just in England but in Protestant neighborhoods of Northern Ireland.

Just sayin'......quite a bit of gun violence was an everyday occurrance.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:52 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
I remember the IRA setting off bombs in England, killing many innocent children.
I remember Unionists doing the same thing...

Don't remember the news reporting of though...

Old 12-26-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
This whole rush to lynching the guy sure sounds like something cooked up by Teabaggers,Limbaugh,the NRA or one of the talking heads on FOX.
Lol.....a vast right-wing conspiracy eh?

You just exposed your own prejudices with that low level remark and insulting reference to a very nice group of patriotic folks.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:05 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
However, it seems to me that, for some reason(s), comparing with other "developed" world countries, those horrific acts of violence you're talking about happen in the US on a much larger scale and much more often in relative terms.

While humans are humans everywhere, it looks like there are certain cultural, legal and other differences between the US and other developed coutries that make such an appalling difference in violent crime rates so evident.

The first step in doing something against this problem is to recognize that the problem exist and that the same problem does not exist in other developed countries. One then needs to ask why this problem exists in the US and what do other countries do to keep their violent crime rates on a much lower level.

As you admitted yourself that humans are humans everywhere, then governments of other countries should be doing something right to keep their levels of violent crime rates much lower, correct? There should be a reason for why it's a problem in one country and not a problem in others, as human factor, according to you, is the same in all societies. Once the reason(s) are identified, everything should be done to get rid or at least to correct the problem.

This is the right approach, instead of arguing that human race is bad anyway, therefore nothing can be done about it, as long as humans exist.
First the whole human race is not bad and be thankful for that!

Did I say that nothing can be done about it?

I said it will exist as long as humans are in existence. Sure you can punish the ones that you catch. You can enforce stricter laws but no matter what laws you put into place you will still see horrific acts carried out on animals and humans by warped humans. And in reality there really is nothing that can be done about it since a lot of it happens when we have no clue that it is happening behind closed doors or in isolation or covered up.

Do I feel afraid to walk around the streets of the USA? Do I live in fear here? Am I afraid to be in this country? Not one single bit.

To make a blanket statement that the USA is a sick society is just as lame as saying the entire human race is bad.

Last edited by TVC15; 12-26-2012 at 05:40 PM..

Old 12-26-2012, 05:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
He's calling for an illegal act...a violation of a RIGHT (not a privilege) so important to the founding fathers that they listed it high in the Bill of Rights. What part of that do you not grasp?

PS: It most certainly is an exercising of one's freedom of speech and expression to call for an act of legal reprisal! It's done all the time!
You're categorically wrong on both fronts. Piers Morgan did not call for a violation of your rights he ASKED repeatedly what was the rationale behind high capacity mags AND AR 15 type assault rifles. He argued with the guest that the proposed answer by the gun lobby to the tragedy of kids being killed with that equipment was to call for more of them.

NOT EVEN A HINT of violating your vaunted but misinterpreted 2nd amendment rights.

Now on to the second surmisal that it is quite alright to petition for the deportation of somone based on the "assumption by misfits only" that he was calling for the abrogation and violation of your aforementioned 2nd amendment by merely QUESTIONING the rationale behind it.

Once again; that IS a gross violation of your first amendment and that one is heads and shoulders above the 2nd one given the fact your governemnt has been screwing with your rights for decades and you've yet to take up arms to do anything about that but instead you all buy your guns to protect yourselves from who . . .why, each other of course. Sheesh!

The fact you cannot see which one should have relevance and far reaching moral implications is quite sad to say the least.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Lol.....a vast right-wing conspiracy eh?

You just exposed your own prejudices with that low level remark and insulting reference to a very nice group of patriotic folks.
Aaah; a sense of humour. "Very nice group of patriotic folks"... good one.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:21 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaah; a sense of humour. "Very nice group of patriotic folks"... good one.
does Patriotic = bad?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
does Patriotic = bad?
Obviously to these types, the #Occupy people are fine people while patriotic people are objects worthy of their insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto