Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 01:19 PM

2,253 posts, read 3,718,512 times

Advertisements

Even though SE Oakville is the most elite area in the 905 (though rivalled by King Township with the exurban country estate crowd), York Region is definitely more expensive than Halton on the whole. Presumably this is because they are closer to Toronto; I'm guessing that there's also a price to be paid to live in an "institutionally complete" ethnic community (i.e. Jewish, Chinese, Iranian) with religious institutions, grocery stores and the like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 05:55 PM

2,253 posts, read 3,718,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfugfle View Post
If you consider that the last census was in 2006, it's obsolete.

Brampton is as diverse as say Markham in the 1970s when everyone was Anglo-saxon
62% of Brampton residents were NOT South Asian in the 2011 census.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyars View Post
I live in Markham and my husband works near Winston Churchill Blvd and QEW. Everyday commute is killing. So, we thinking to move that side. Can anyone suggest which city is better to live in? I didn't found any good houses in Mississauga so far. I have a kid going to senior kindergarten this year and younger one going to school in two years time, so considering good schools at priority as well when looking for home. Also, Oakville seems to be very expensive for real estate. Can someone please suggest which is a good location considering work, education, library etc...
Thanks so much for the help.

Oakville is the best place to live and raise a family. Excellent schools abound and the parks, recreation and community centres are top notch. Houses are slightly on the higher side but that is how it works because it is the location of choice. Choose wisely and you will find the right property: Here is a good example:

[url=http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-houses-for-sale-Oakville-End-Unit-Townhouse-For-Sale-344-000-MLS-W2654838-W0QQAdIdZ496181802]Oakville End Unit Townhouse For Sale - $344,000 - MLS# W2654838 - Oakville / Halton Region Real Estate For Sale - Kijiji Oakville / Halton Region Canada.[/url]

Good luck !

Old 06-22-2013, 12:26 PM
WMF

20 posts, read 39,518 times
Quote:
Seems everybody recommends not to move in Brampton. How is the new area near Hwy427 & Gore Rd. Mcvean Dr and near by has lot of new houses.

Any suggestion on Oakville ? I know that is expensive but does anyone has info on schools?

I lived in Oakville (Glen Abby area) before we moved to York Region. It's a beautiful area with many parks and walking trails - good schools as well, both public and Catholic.
I have heard from some that there are pockets in Brampton to avoid. Brampton has become the go to place for people leaving some of the West end Government Housing. Now if you're comfortable with that then Brampton is probably going to be more reasonable.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:42 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,265,430 times
Quote:
I live in Markham and my husband works near Winston Churchill Blvd and QEW. Everyday commute is killing. So, we thinking to move that side. Can anyone suggest which city is better to live in? I didn't found any good houses in Mississauga so far. I have a kid going to senior kindergarten this year and younger one going to school in two years time, so considering good schools at priority as well when looking for home. Also, Oakville seems to be very expensive for real estate. Can someone please suggest which is a good location considering work, education, library etc...
Thanks so much for the help.
Oakville or Brampton?

That's like saying Chevy or Cadillac

Brampton=Chevy
Oakville=Cadillac

Old 05-04-2017, 12:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,782 times
Default Brampton is great!

Brampton is underrated in my opinion. Youll see a ton of great homes on this website: [URL]https://bramptonresidential.com/[/URL]

Old 05-04-2017, 12:40 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokiwilson View Post
Brampton is underrated in my opinion. Youll see a ton of great homes on this website: https://bramptonresidential.com/
This thread is old. Never read it.
As much as I put out some anti-Brampton vibes, which in my case relates to the Poweraide Centre hold concerts that I want to go to, but hating the venue due to horrible traffic flow and distance from the centre of the universe (TORONTO ).

I did go to this really cool apple picking farm there in the fall and Alessia Cara is from there ... so it has some positives .

Old 05-04-2017, 04:24 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
I prefer Brampton.. It feel like a more substantial city and is a lot more dense than Oakville.. Oakville is nice, affluent and clean but I think its about as suburban as you can get in the GTA.. Brampton is suburbia but not on the level of Oakville...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto