Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 01:14 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,046,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
Well, a Toronto Star journalist saw it back in the spring...
And what are the odds Glacierx is one of those 2 journalists?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 03:01 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,632,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
And what are the odds Glacierx is one of those 2 journalists?

1 in 15 million... sorry, you asked.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:38 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,632,691 times

Old 11-14-2013, 09:09 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,175,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I dislike this mayor, but not remotely as much as I dislike all the media who constantly attack him, often for no obvious reasons.

It is like making fun of the mayor has become a fad, or a cool thing and you get a high five after each of those cheap jokes about either his weight or crack cocaine.

The least the media can do is to be fair to every public figure. Lefty media doesn't like a right wing mayor, we got it. The Torontonians elected him, deal with it already.
I'll bet they did not know he used drugs in public when they voted for him. I hope you are not implying that he is not accountable. Deal with that!

If Joe and Jane Lunchbucket who earn every dollar, we had better also hold those in positions of leadership accountable. The council voted a resounding 41-2 for him to resign or at least take a long leave of absence. This idea that people in leadership positions are not accountable leads to abuses. Do not fuel it. I know very few mayors of major cities that are allowed to continue under these circumstances.

If you and I were caught or confessed to using cocaine, we would be shown the door. There should be no special entitlement for Mayor Ford either. If the media lets it go, then they would be criticized for that, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto