Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 12:11 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
He certainly needs help but no one seems to be willing to offer. It seems people just want to tread on him and shovel him out of the way. That’s not help at all. In the meantime, the bloody feeding frenzy continues. It is almost like watching a witch hunt live on daily basis with the city hall turned into some kind of TV court room drama. The current sorry scene and mess are sadly predictable considering he is being bullied and pushed everyday. Like I said, no one can survive that kind of profound personal attack. I wish there were a more professional and civilized way to handle the situation before it all went out of control like that.
He brought this on himself. The civilized way is for Rob Ford to be an adult and at the very least agree to a leave of absence. The people just want accountability in their leaders and there is nothing wrong with that. They are also very disappointed that Ford sullied the good reputation of the city more than once and wants to continue in the position. Ford is the person not accepting the help that was offered. I only shed a tear for real victims and he is definitely not one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 12:29 AM

[quote=fruitlassie;32152333]You are sorely mistaken. Most of us have never ranted and raved about how we would murder someone in such detailed fashion. "First degree murder...I'll rip his ******* throat out, I'll rip his eyes out, I need 10 minutes to make sure he's dead." He's CLEARLY high on coke or crack in this video. That's not alcohol talking or just a bad temper.

Are you one of his relatives?[/QUOTE

Great point! He is probably not a relative of Botticelli...LOL! Some people are just so obsessed with their political orientation (right) that they will make any excuse and try to manufacture false sympathy for someone that has behaved recklessly, admitted to using cocaine and just generally unable to act like an adult at public events, etc. Then they will recklessly heap the blame on the other side of the political spectrum (left) intead of where it belongs: Mayor Ford.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I don't like it more than you do.

But by saying those horrible words, he was not not committing a crime. And you can't prove that he is an alcoholic, can you?
I agree that his actions reflect very poorly our city, and he most likely have some problems, however, what you can do is to either prove him guilty of something, or impeach him formally and strip him of his position.

All this talk on the media and over the internet is meaningless. Not more helpful than some housewife gossip. I don't know why you guys keep going on and go as if it is conductive to anything.
Then walk the walk and stop gossiping about a left wing conspiracy too, OK? There are facts on the table here discrediting Mayor Ford (not gossip). An admission of cocaine use is a very serious matter just by itself. This is an online forum and other threads have gone on and on far longer than this one. If it bothers you, you can stop reading the comments and go to another topic and that goes for all of us including me. We are entitled to our viewpoints.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:24 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
No pun intended but I think he has cooked his goose after his comment about oral sex and getting enough to eat at home. That was not cool.

Rob Ford's oral sex comments draw ire of colleagues - Toronto - CBC News

I feel sorry for his wife. I think she must be feeling demoralized right now after that comment and I can't help wondering what their domestic life is really like with his drinking and his violent temper.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:04 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
I saw this today on another forum....

advertisement from Spirit Airlines.....
Attached Thumbnails
Toronto,  so...about that mayor....-9-0-07138500-1384460264.jpg  

Old 11-15-2013, 03:16 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
I follow Canada news and have several friends in Manitoba and Sask. What I dont understand is why doesnt he just step down as mayor. Does he revel in this attention he is getting. I would think he would do what is good for the city and province and get attention focused off him and on to the real issues. I cant seem to grasp why he is still there.

Dan

Old 11-15-2013, 05:43 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
this guy is certainly an embarrassment for the city of toronto

i wouldnt put too much stock in that. people worldwide accept that positions of power are corrupting, regardless of being Paris France or Paris, Texas.

a city i love, Washington, DC, has had its share of clowns. (actually, with sharing his "eating" habits, Ford wins the prize for WTF!). in my own city, our mayor is quietly rumored to have been AWOL for a brief time because he was ********************* (edited by me because im not supposed to know the reason).

but Ford is something else, thats for sure. i still cant believe i heard what i did yesterday.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:38 AM

564 posts, read 1,040,536 times
Quote:
I follow Canada news and have several friends in Manitoba and Sask. What I dont understand is why doesnt he just step down as mayor. Does he revel in this attention he is getting. I would think he would do what is good for the city and province and get attention focused off him and on to the real issues. I cant seem to grasp why he is still there.

Dan
I think he is either mentally ill (perhaps as a result of excessive stress, personal issues, and addiictions) or this is all one big audition for a reality show deal.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:42 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
He certainly needs help but no one seems to be willing to offer. It seems people just want to tread on him and shovel him out of the way. That’s not help at all. In the meantime, the bloody feeding frenzy continues. It is almost like watching a witch hunt live on daily basis with the city hall turned into some kind of TV court room drama. The current sorry scene and mess are sadly predictable considering he is being bullied and pushed everyday. Like I said, no one can survive that kind of profound personal attack. I wish there were a more professional and civilized way to handle the situation before it all went out of control like that.
This line evokes a very simple response that is commonly clichéd, "you can't help somebody that can't help themselves". Once he gets past the denial phase, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of help available to him. It's really that simple.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:26 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:

Dan
Why should he step down? There has been no impeachment or indictment whatsoever. Just because the media bombarded him?

Plus, who will do his job if he steps down?

You can't grapst why he is still there - let me tell you, because he is still the elected mayor of the city of Toronto. No law says he has to step down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto