Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,720,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
He has damaged its reputation as it is now viewed erroneously as a place where his kind of reckless, irresponsible behavior is given a slap on the wrist instead of him being impeached. Most new businesses are not going to want to come to Toronto in the near future with this chaos happening because of his stubbornness. He used crack and got away with it, so now some of the young people of Toronto will figure if he can do it, why not them. I could go on and on. It is frankly obvious. LOL!
You didn't did say how he actually hurt Toronto. Did he make Torontonians life worse off? Did job market slump? Did debt level surge?

Reputation damage, how to prove that? Did people stop visiting Toronto? Did business leave Toronto? You have to give something more concrete to prove your point, instead of, like everyone else "because he smoked crack, therefore Toronto's image and interest is damaged" - there is no necessary causality here.

Speaking of "reckless and irresponsible behavior", I think Ontario's cancelling the gas plants and Brampton mayor's first class travel tickets are far worse than Ford smoking crack or "lying". The government's job is to manage and spend taxpayers' money, and we should care about how money is spent more than anything else - much like a CEO of a company, you don't care if he is promiscuous or is a bastard who refuses to feed his kids, as long as he adds value to the company, he is a good CEO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 10:16 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,309 times
Meh, some people just don't like a criminal/drug addict/alcoholic/admitted liar running our city.

Call us crazy.... It's just a bit concerning.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:51 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,720,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Meh, some people just don't like a criminal/drug addict/alcoholic/admitted liar running our city.

Call us crazy.... It's just a bit concerning.
that's why some people shouldn't vote, because some people don't know what's to look at from a politician.

Most voters seem to like perfectly that nice guy with great smile, a traditional wife with immaculate hair and outfit, a boy and a girl. This guy always talks about jobs, families, government accountability, helping the poor and protecting the environment. Well, why votes are still stupid enough to believe all the talk??

Yeah, this seems a perfect man, but so what? Is he capable of managing the economy? Is he good at spending taxpayers' money? Nobody seems to care that much ... well, as long as he doesn't gamble, or drink excessively, or cheat on his wife. I have seen so many such cases. Voting seems to be more about shopping for a husband, about likability, rather than an elected official who actually has the skills to run a city. Who cares if the man cheats on his wife and has a dozen illegitimate children, you are not marrying him. But voters care, and that's odd.

I don't know why you call Ford a criminal... isn't that a judge's job? or drug addict - he doesn't seem to be addicted to any drugs. And liar, first he didn't lie about using crack, and second, who cares a policians lying, you know any politician who doesn't lie?

Most votes are not intelligent enough to vote (not to mention those who don't pay taxes shouldn't vote because all they care about is handouts), this is why we keep having horrible politicians.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:40 PM

Yup... it is up to a judge. And he pleaded no contest. Wonder why? Heres his mugshot.

As far as this ridiculous argument that he never lied about using crack?

Person A walks into the bathroom does a huge rail. Exits the washroom. Person B asks "Do you use coke?" Person A responds "No." While they were inhaling the answer is yes, when they exit the washroom 10 seconds later the answer is no, I don't do drugs. Perfectly fine in your books? It's not a lie in your eyes? I don't think I've seen hairs split this fine.

And how do we know it was only once? Because he says it was only once. And what addict would ever make that claim? Mainly everybody who gets caught doing drugs. That would be my first defense.

I mean, the guy got charged with marijuana possession and claims he FORGOT. How do you forget a drug charge? In another country, no less! Seriously.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:41 PM

Speaking of bad memories (let's face it, who can remember every single crime they commit?), I can't quite recall whether Ford said he was going to stop the gravy train, or captain it?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle16276108/

Quote:
And so we ask ourselves the eternal question: how many Ford staffers *does* it take to change a light bulb? And does that number exceed or not exceed the number of staffers needed to carry his weekly vodka allowance home?
Lol.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:31 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,871,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
that's why some people shouldn't vote, because some people don't know what's to look at from a politician.

Most voters seem to like perfectly that nice guy with great smile, a traditional wife with immaculate hair and outfit, a boy and a girl. This guy always talks about jobs, families, government accountability, helping the poor and protecting the environment. Well, why votes are still stupid enough to believe all the talk??

Yeah, this seems a perfect man, but so what? Is he capable of managing the economy? Is he good at spending taxpayers' money? Nobody seems to care that much ... well, as long as he doesn't gamble, or drink excessively, or cheat on his wife. I have seen so many such cases. Voting seems to be more about shopping for a husband, about likability, rather than an elected official who actually has the skills to run a city. Who cares if the man cheats on his wife and has a dozen illegitimate children, you are not marrying him. But voters care, and that's odd.

I don't know why you call Ford a criminal... isn't that a judge's job? or drug addict - he doesn't seem to be addicted to any drugs. And liar, first he didn't lie about using crack, and second, who cares a policians lying, you know any politician who doesn't lie?

Most votes are not intelligent enough to vote (not to mention those who don't pay taxes shouldn't vote because all they care about is handouts), this is why we keep having horrible politicians.
I see where you're coming from here but c'mon the guy did lie about some pretty serious criminal activity. He's gotten himself into some pretty shady dealings and is embarrassing but my biggest issue is that he lied about it...what else has and will he lie about? I'm all about giving politicians latitude with their personal life but the guy has crossed the line.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:45 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
I know I should just forget about Rob Ford and move on but...

Toronto Mayor Ford on new video: I was drinking 'a little bit' - World News

The guy is comedy gold and the first line proves why:

Quote:
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford confirmed Tuesday that he's fallen off the wagon after a video surfaced showing him rambling incoherently with what appeared to be a Jamaican accent in a steakhouse.

Last edited by Deezus; 01-21-2014 at 05:54 PM..

Old 01-21-2014, 08:54 PM

277 posts, read 785,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I know I should just forget about Rob Ford and move on but...

Toronto Mayor Ford on new video: I was drinking 'a little bit' - World News

The guy is comedy gold and the first line proves why:

The Jamaican accent doesn't bother me. If you grew up in Toronto, there's a strong guarantee that you've spoken in a Jamaican accent at least once your life.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:18 AM

3,863 posts, read 5,288,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_jordania View Post
The Jamaican accent doesn't bother me. If you grew up in Toronto, there's a strong guarantee that you've spoken in a BAD Jamaican accent at least once your life.
Just had to fix that

Old 01-22-2014, 10:51 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_jordania View Post
The Jamaican accent doesn't bother me. If you grew up in Toronto, there's a strong guarantee that you've spoken in a Jamaican accent at least once your life.
Yeah who hasn't spoken in a bad Jamaican accent about your political opponents rambling drunk in a Steak Queen?

Personally, I think he's filming and releasing this stuff on purpose just for all the comedy fans out there.

Last edited by Deezus; 01-22-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto