Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:04 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
"No, Mr. Smitherman, I expect you to die!"

Last edited by Deezus; 11-06-2013 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 08:16 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
If you don't use something, you don't use it. He used it and he said he doesn't use it. We're splitting hairs here. Can I do a line of coke and then 10 seconds later say I don't use it, because technically I have used it?

And I don't for a second believe him when he says he just used it once in a drunken state. He lies about everything he does wrong.
Besides, what are the chances that the first and only time the man ever smokes crack it happens to be caught on tape? Pretty slim, I would guess. If a drunken stupor (one of them, says he) is enough for his judgement to become so clouded that he smokes crack, what other mistakes do you think the man has made in his many drunken stupors? I guess he was in a drunken stupor every time he paid the bills for that trap house, or had his convicted felon friend ferry around high school students from Don Bosco, or had his underworld buddies commit a home invasion to retrieve the video (don't try and tell me Lisi is so loyal he did this on his own without any word from Ford), or had his photo taken with three gangbangers outside a trap house to which he was a regular visitor, or take a leak behind a school in the middle of the day after meeting with his drug dealer and disposing of some empty booze bottles. Yeah, those drunken stupors are really messing with the poor guy.

For those of you who haven't read the 500 pages of police documents on the investigation into Ford and Lisi, I think you should find them online and take a look. You will see that smoking crack is least of Rob Ford's lapses in judgement.

TOkidd

Old 11-07-2013, 10:34 AM

51 posts, read 118,476 times
And... another video.. though not THE video
"I need f---in 10 minutes to make sure he's dead': New Rob Ford video surfaces | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

Old 11-07-2013, 10:37 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
As we see this thing possibly snowballing (A sex tape? So now he's Marion Barry AND Kim Kardashian combined?) I was wondering if there is any political process in the city, province, or nation, to remove this mayor, like the recall elections or impeachments we have here in the U.S.? And if he were convicted of a felony would he be forced to go? Or does the city have to suffer though this embarrassment until his term is over -- or he decides to resign?

Sometimes political pressure from a politician's own party is what's necessary to get him to resign. This is what happened this year to the serial groper who was mayor of San Diego. Does his own political party want him in office and can they do something about it?
There's no provision for recall or impeachment. If he's charged criminally, he can be removed. Mayors are generally not party affiliated, as there's too many parties in Canada.

That's it. Ford is Partysaurus Rex!

Partysaurus Rex - YouTube

Old 11-07-2013, 11:48 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownto View Post
I watched it.
Not sure what significance it has. We all do this kind of thing once in a while. What's the point of releasing this video, to show Forb has some bad temper?

Old 11-07-2013, 12:09 PM

51 posts, read 118,476 times
The significance for me is that he looks like he is being set up given the camera angle. I doubt true friends at a private house would do that to someone. But maybe not out of the realm of low level criminal organization operative collecting dirt on him to extract favours or something later on. Since we know he hangs with them.

Ford acknowledged the video and refused to provide any context on it. The rabbit hole is a long one.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:17 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,769,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownto View Post
...Ford acknowledged the video and refused to provide any context on it. The rabbit hole is a long one.

The context is pretty clear. The man is a raging alcoholic and in denial about it.

I read a few hours ago some news article claiming that some politician has asked the provinicial government to pass a law that would allow for his removal. He does need to go. But I still have some sympathy for addicts (alcohol and/or drugs) 'cause I've known a few and realize what utter pain they're in. They have no idea how to get better on their own and can feel totally helpless. That's bad, but it's worse when the addict is a major public figure. It would be great if he took a leave of absence and went to rehab or resigned on his own. Unfortunately he may not be well enough to do that.

Just FYI, the other reason I'm fascintated by all this is that Boston just elected Martin Walsh, a recovering alcoholic, as mayor. Walsh has been open about his past and his election was boosted by many, many recovering people who went out and campaigned for him. What a contrast.

Last edited by citylove101; 11-07-2013 at 02:34 PM..

Old 11-07-2013, 01:33 PM

^ there is no evidence that Ford is an acolholic. He may like drinking, many guys do, but there is no sign that drinking has become a problem hampering his ability to work as mayor.

All those "he has to seek profession help" kind of comments is nothing but excuses to remove him when there is no legitimate cause. Ford doesn't seem to have a health problem. You want him out, follow some proper procedure.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:37 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
^ there is no evidence that Ford is an acolholic. He may like drinking, many guys do, but there is no sign that drinking has become a problem hampering his ability to work as mayor.
Nooo, no problem, he just doesnt remember smoking crack! But theres no danger in that right?

Old 11-07-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Nooo, no problem, he just doesnt remember smoking crack! But theres no danger in that right?
I don't like a crack smoking mayor just like you.

However, if he violates the law, charge him with something. Once he is found guilty, he automatically loses his mayorship.

On the other hand, all these personal attacks are meaningless. We live under the law, not emotions.Voters as well as the law decides if he gets to stay, not how much we hate what he has done. Have we seen a situation drinking or crack smoking impaired his ability to be the mayor? If so, impeach him. All this cheap talk is pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto