U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,339 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone. First time poster here, I am 23 years old and unemployed. I moved to a very rural area called the 'Bruce Peninsula' with my parents whom just recently retired. I was unable to finish school because I ran out of money. My parents do not have any money either so they could not co sign for a loan and government loans could not pay for my living cost. So I was forced to move in with my parents and since then (~6 months) I have been unemployed. I have tried everywhere to look for work. It does not help that we live 1 hour north of Owen Sound (past Wiarton) off highway 6 way down a side road. I have literally no money except a 20 dollar bill and some change, so moving out is not an option. How do I get out of this sticky situation? Also, I don't have cell service where my house is which some employers don't seem to like...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 02:06 AM

1,648 posts, read 1,420,739 times
I would imagine way up there who you know really counts. How have you been applying for jobs? Have you been handing in resumes or applying in person? Have you followed up with people instead of waiting to hear back from them? Sounds like it'd be a tough go up there.... Especially this time of year.

Sorry I can't be of much help. Maybe somebody with experience living in cottage country could offer some real help.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:53 AM

30,895 posts, read 35,063,437 times
You are in an area with plenty of parks provincial and federal,you could try to get a job in some capacity in one of them, lots of parks means lots of forest and that means lots of logging which could equate to potential jobs, failing that you would do well to move to an area that has jobs, Owen Sound being the closest. Can you drive a truck?
https://www.google.ca/#q=truck+drivi...nd&safe=active
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto