Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 03:20 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken s. View Post
i believe ford also "is in good company with millions of canadians" considering massive amounts of substances being smuggled across the border and never ending discoveries of drug labs...

i don't think millions of people in canada are doing crack. Marijuana is a different kettle of fish. You will never see medicinal crack dispensaries or the same support to legalize it.

why would i contact the press if i did? They'd never report on it. That's my point, though, the red flags are their but the media is avoiding it because they're (especially the cbc) want harper to lose and for some reason think that jt's the man who will defeat him.

you aren't going to contact the press because you don't have any evidence. You have a fantasy that somehow justin must be as bad as ford because he admitted smoking pot.
If you did have evidence and it were true and the press didn't report it, then that would be a bigger story than the drug use.

Do you seriously believe that all of the media out there is conspiring against harper. The same accusations about the press were thrown around about ford. That somehow ford was the victim in all this.
Well how did that turn out? Right, the press were right all along.

Also, it's 2014. If anyone had real evidence about trudeau do you think no one would post it. You can't keep things like that quiet.

People like you are grasping at straws, trying anything to discredit trudeau. You guys look foolish as the recent ads by the cons have proven. No one is buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
That's pretty weak. Media bias is hardly in the realm of "conspiracy". But just out of curiosity, why do you wear one?
Ya see what you did here? He wasn't talking about media bias, he was talking about your view that somehow all media has conspired together to discredit Harper. Big difference, than simple media bias.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:03 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,788 times
Wherever did I state there's a "conspiracy"?

Old 09-14-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Wherever did I state there's a "conspiracy"?
You never said the word, but you said this

"Why would I contact the press if I did? They'd never report on it. That's my point, though, the red flags are their but the media is avoiding it because they're (especially the CBC) want Harper to lose and for some reason think that JT's the man who will defeat him."

Which is saying that the media is somehow conspiring together.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 AM

I think you need to look up what the word "conspiracy" means.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:47 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
Quote:
an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
the media is avoiding it because they're (especially the CBC) want Harper to lose

Old 09-16-2014, 12:48 PM

Go back to post #28 and you'll see that the second quotation can also be attributed to me.

Whatever the case, media bias is the end result of a number influences rather than a product of direct collusion. Hence, it's not a suggestion of "conspiracy" to states that the media will not hold Justin to the same standards.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:32 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,171,812 times
Quote:
Go back to post #28 and you'll see that the second quotation can also be attributed to me.

Whatever the case, media bias is the end result of a number influences rather than a product of direct collusion. Hence, it's not a suggestion of "conspiracy" to states that the media will not hold Justin to the same standards.
I think it's very difficult to point to any media that is NOT biased in today's world. News reports are usually obliged to report facts from both sides, but they are certainly under no obligation to remain impartial, as editorial boards have full freedom to voice their own views. Nothing strange about that.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Definition: Urban Dictionary: conspiracy

"an association of more than one person working together towards a shared goal" a la Doug and Rob.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shona H. View Post
I hope the fat pink pig kicks the bucket. I will laugh hysterically when he dies of cancer. All fat people deserve what they get healthwise.
That's harsh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto