Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:48 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Ouch. That's harsh. Botti, did you miss your coffee this morning?
I drink probably 3 cups of coffee a year.

But honestly, "nothing beats the glory of those old streetcars"? What's so "glorious" about those? Do we want to bring them back? Even in those days, they were nothing to be proud of. Toronto has never been famous for its advanced public transit system, has it? People are nostalgic about the old Toronto, which was a provincial town with no evil condos and big corporations nobody knew about?

The good old days are always nothing but an illusion and reflects nothing but one's dissatisfaction about the present. Except for a few countries such as Argentina, every country is better off living in the present than in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 12:21 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I drink probably 3 cups of coffee a year.

But honestly, "nothing beats the glory of those old streetcars"? What's so "glorious" about those? Do we want to bring them back? Even in those days, they were nothing to be proud of. Toronto has never been famous for its advanced public transit system, has it? People are nostalgic about the old Toronto, which was a provincial town with no evil condos and big corporations nobody knew about?

The good old days are always nothing but an illusion and reflects nothing but one's dissatisfaction about the present. Except for a few countries such as Argentina, every country is better off living in the present than in the past.
Wow Botti - when is that vaca to Portugal... I can hear Europe calling you from across the Atlantic - Boooticelli... Its time for a Vacaaationnnnnnnnn......................

Old 01-27-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I agree. PCC's are the best.
Ahhhhh the Nostalgia I remember back in the day riding those to visit my Aunt with mom - better duck before Botti throws his coffee cup

Old 01-27-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Wow Botti - when is that vaca to Portugal... I can hear Europe calling you from across the Atlantic - Boooticelli... Its time for a Vacaaationnnnnnnnn......................
only two weeks away! You guys will miss my rude comments here

Old 01-27-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
only two weeks away! You guys will miss my rude comments here
Two weeks - holy crap i'm leaving in a little more than 3..... Yes Botti, your spice in the Canada forums will be missed lol.. Keeps us on our toes... Most of the time (notice and emphasize most not always ha) you're right but the delivery isn't exactly the soft touch - but you know that

Old 01-27-2015, 11:56 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
old people always think whatever they had in the old days is better, regardless of the reality.

I'm 33, smart ass. I just like the design for **** sakes.

Christ, are you ever a miserable piece of work. Go get laid while your in Portugal if you can manage it. It'll do you good. Or not. Probably b*tch about that, too.

(seriously, have a safe trip lol!)

Last edited by Magnatomicflux; 01-28-2015 at 12:07 AM..

Old 01-28-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:

Christ, are you ever a miserable piece of work. Go get laid while your in Portugal if you can manage it. It'll do you good. Or not. Probably b*tch about that, too.

well, you definitely talk old.

This trashy North American "getting laid" culture is really not my thing but I will have a good time.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:05 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,173,463 times
Quote:
well, you definitely talk old.

This trashy North American "getting laid" culture is really not my thing but I will have a good time.
Classic Botti...

People like to get laid everywhere around the world. You think single guys in their 20s and 30s in Beijing and Shanghai don't want to get laid? It's not just a "north american" thing contrary to what you see in hollywood flicks, guys in Europe do it. Guys in China do it. And yes, I've gotten laid in all of the above places. Getting laid is getting laid no matter where you go (alright maybe wouldn't try it in the Islamic State). If that's not your forte, it's all good, but don't apply that standard to the other 7 billion+ humans on this planet.

Out of curiosity, why Portugal of all places? Also heading to Europa in Feb, but to my German Fatherland instead

Old 01-28-2015, 09:16 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,173,463 times
Quote:

hahahaha laughed so hard

Old 01-28-2015, 09:20 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,436,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Classic Botti...

People like to get laid everywhere around the world. You think single guys in their 20s and 30s in Beijing and Shanghai don't want to get laid? It's not just a "north american" thing contrary to what you see in hollywood flicks, guys in Europe do it. Guys in China do it. And yes, I've gotten laid in all of the above places. Getting laid is getting laid no matter where you go (alright maybe wouldn't try it in the Islamic State). If that's not your forte, it's all good, but don't apply that standard to the other 7 billion+ humans on this planet.

Out of curiosity, why Portugal of all places? Also heading to Europa in Feb, but to my German Fatherland instead
lol! Good for you man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto