Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 08:32 PM

659 posts, read 898,691 times

Advertisements

I hate how some people with pets make things hard for others. I saw one apartment a couple of weeks ago that was cute, and I liked the neighbourhood and landlord, but the place reeked of cat pee. The apartment looked clean but stunk. They had me take off my shoes when I came in because it was muddy outside, and later I had to throw out my socks and wash the inside of my boots to get the smell out. How can someone let their place get like that? That's why some home owners don't want pets.

The scary thing is I might end up having to rent without first seeing the place in person. Because I might not get back there until the move. Too bad apartment ads online don't have a scratch and sniff option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 12:45 AM

73 posts, read 137,690 times
--My pet lives in an aquarium, makes no noise, is clean, does not smell and only eats 3 crickets every 2 weeks.......Yet I can only imagine the reaction most people would have they find out there is or there will be a 5 inch rose hair tarantula coming to the property.
(Just be thankful its only one tarantula.....When I lived in Winnipeg I had 7 tarantulas all different species, 2 emperor scorpions, 1 desert hairy scorpion and a walking stick insect (Phasmatodea)

--As for smoking, I only smoke cannabis through an open window for reasons that are off topic and not even to the point of being pothead status. Usually 5-8 bong hits/day depending how I feel. Not like I sit there all day smoking joint after joint after joint. I DO NOT smoke cigarettes. Cigarettes are friggin' GROSS. Cannabis smell dissipates in a few hours if not much sooner even with the windows CLOSED. Cigarettes are the smell that lasts for weeks & months and get under paint.
I don't want to smoke outside because I don't wan't to have to deal with the whole "Hey can I get a hit off you and I'll smoke you back when I get paid" bulls**t. It happened at other places so why would it not happen in TO especially with its vast size & number of people? Rooms are known to be lower income, and taking into consideration the fact I'm looking for a room at the present time probably means that I cant afford to just go handing out my stuff all willy-nilly and find myself with nothing when I need it for myself. Also in the winter its alot of work to get shoes, boots, jacket on, go upstairs & outside to do one small bong hit that takes 15 seconds and then back downstairs to get all undressed winter wise again 1 minute later.
If it was like a fat joint between 3 or 4 people that would take 10 mins to smoke THEN I could understand going outside, but I do not smoke joints and for a small 15 second bong hit its just not worth it. I just want to smoke in peace and private in a t-shirt with no shoes or boots on and be left alone without people asking for some.

But the places I've called so far don't seem care for the reasons why you smoke or any effort to minimize the smell. As soon as they hear cannabis it like your satan and automatically no rental. If you say you dont smoke, then you can't get booted for lying on an application if you are month to month and not on a lease?

--LOLMAO @ "VEGETARIAN ONLY" ad. I saw that too but forgot it on my list. A comedian could have a hay day going through Toronto rental listings. Sadly I'm not a comedian.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:12 AM

10 posts, read 13,722 times
I totally agree with you about the cannabis! My husband and I smoke joints and cigarettes but we DO HATE smoking cigarettes inside because of the smell! a couple of small joints at night time dissipate in about one hour and you'll never smell them again!!!!

I've just read an add saying: only married couples, wife not working.

WTF!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto