Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:11 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,710,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina311 View Post
Make it tomorrow or Friday during the day and I'll be there (and you can all beat me up in person).

I saw 2 apartments I liked today. No guarantees but I'm going to submit applications. The first one is relatively nice and seems to be in very good location. Avenue Road between Lawrence West and Eglinton. Nothing spectacular but one of the best I've seen so far. The other is amazing. 100% remodeled, granite counters and new appliances in kitchen, 2 bedrooms, walk in closet, 1.5 baths, 9th floor with a view of the skyline. But the neighbourhood didn't look good and it was far from everything. It's in Scarborough near Markham and Eglinton. I just googled that intersection. Maybe I should think twice about that one.
the first one has a good location for a family. A upper-middle class neighourhood I'd say. Semi-Suburban by my definition. If you are single and want some sort of city life, that won't be great place for you, but it really depends on your need. Some people prefer quietness.

The second is basically in the middle of nowhere. I don't think I have ever been to that far in Toronto. but you visited it and must know its surroundings.

you names sound like a girl. How can we beat you up But i do like your sense of humor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 09:18 PM

659 posts, read 898,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
the first one has a good location for a family. A upper-middle class neighourhood I'd say. Semi-Suburban by my definition. If you are single and want some sort of city life, that won't be great place for you, but it really depends on your need. Some people prefer quietness.

The second is basically in the middle of nowhere. I don't think I have ever been to that far in Toronto. but you visited it and must know its surroundings.

you names sound like a girl. How can we beat you up But i do like your sense of humor
I'm ok with semi-suburban as long as it's close enough to everything. That area seems like a good balance of urban/suburban for me. I like the option to go out and have fun, but I'm starting to appreciate peace and quiet more (getting old).

The other place was just too far and when I googed it I found several recent news stories about shootings. That's not a good sign.

And yes, I'm female.

( . )( . )

Old 04-01-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina311 View Post
I'm ok with semi-suburban as long as it's close enough to everything. That area seems like a good balance of urban/suburban for me. I like the option to go out and have fun, but I'm starting to appreciate peace and quiet more (getting old).

( . )( . )
If you prefer a mixture of urban-suburban, it is really perfect for you because Eglinton to Lawrence is exactly where Toronto transitions from the city to the burbs, and Avenue Road is pretty nice and safe, also close to the subway.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:45 PM

659 posts, read 898,311 times
Quote:
If you prefer a mixture of urban-suburban, it is really perfect for you because Eglinton to Lawrence is exactly where Toronto transitions from the city to the burbs, and Avenue Road is pretty nice and safe, also close to the subway.
I think I'm going to focus on that one. The other apartment was extremely nice. But the neighbourhood, and even the building it is in, not so much. I wish I could take that other apartment and move it to the good neighbourhood.
Of course I haven't actually been offered any of these places yet, so I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:23 AM

27 posts, read 25,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Well as I said i'm good with DT but if somewhere else in the GTA I have a car so no big deal for me.. I'm not sure about Zweidler though
I will be staying with a friend in Brampton initially, but can take the GO train to come downtown. Any neighborhood should be fine with me, since I will be in city exploratory mood anyway.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:19 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,170,429 times
Okay are you guys all free this weekend, say Saturday? It's Easter weekend so I'm good for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Yes downtown works for me. We should go for somewhere around Kesington Market or St. Lawrence Market - most amount of options for cafes and eateries and also easy transit access.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:39 AM

27 posts, read 25,616 times
This weekend maybe tough, BK. I don't get in till late morning Saturday. How about the weekend after?

Old 04-02-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweidler View Post
This weekend maybe tough, BK. I don't get in till late morning Saturday. How about the weekend after?
This weekend is tough for me too.
Next weekend sounds good. Anytime after 11:30am Saturday I am all good.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:53 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,170,429 times
Quote:
This weekend is tough for me too.
Next weekend sounds good. Anytime after 11:30am Saturday I am all good.
Sounds good. We could do next weekend, preferably sometime on Saturday.

I might do a short trip to Montreal this weekend. I haven't been there since I was a kid so wondering if you guys have any recommendations on what to do/see. Next week working from my beloved Boston Beantown the whole week, soooo excited to go back

Old 04-02-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Sounds good. We could do next weekend, preferably sometime on Saturday.

I might do a short trip to Montreal this weekend. I haven't been there since I was a kid so wondering if you guys have any recommendations on what to do/see. Next week working from my beloved Boston Beantown the whole week, soooo excited to go back
Montreal! I always enjoy walking in their Latin Quarter. So urban, vibrant and pleasing to the eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto