Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 09:27 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
You think you are having manners by not talking to anyone. But other places in the world consider that rude. I'm guessing you never been south of the border and actually interacted with people? you seem quite naïve. people talk to one another all over the world. doesn't mean they are trying to get in your pants.

you are full of yourself.

BTW, I've done well for myself in the dating scene and am settled down now with a Toronto woman. But I've been around the world and this is definitely unique to Toronto.

I think Toronto is in general just shy and scared of everything.
You make a lot of assumptions there and drew the wrong conclusion... Saying to a random woman 'damn your fine' isn't necessarily the custom in many of the countries i've visited around the world so I don't think its just a Toronto thing (though I do question your assumption that there aren't guys who do this in T.O because there are).. Some woman yes may be insaulted by the unwanted comment by someone she doesn't invite it from.. Just because she's on the subway or on the street doesn't mean she is 'looking' maybe she just wants to read or text her friends without random strangers constantly telling her she's fine without asking for it!!

Now, looking at certain cues like Body Language, eye contact and her showing some interest in you non verbally - sure than by all means make a move or give HER some cues and let her make a move.. but yeah randomly saying damn yer fine without any invite could be taken the wrong way by some people and honestly with good reason.

So having manners doesn't mean doing nothing and talking to noone its knowing WHEN to do that. You do realize most human communication takes the form in non verbal right?

As for your assumption i've never been south of the border - that's a big rotfl - i've been to about 17 States and counting.

Last edited by fusion2; 05-23-2015 at 09:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 10:29 AM

800 posts, read 730,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You make a lot of assumptions there and drew the wrong conclusion... Saying to a random woman 'damn your fine' isn't necessarily the custom in many of the countries i've visited around the world so I don't think its just a Toronto thing (though I do question your assumption that there aren't guys who do this in T.O because there are).. Some woman yes may be insaulted by the unwanted comment by someone she doesn't invite it from.. Just because she's on the subway or on the street doesn't mean she is 'looking' maybe she just wants to read or text her friends without random strangers constantly telling her she's fine without asking for it!!

Now, looking at certain cues like Body Language, eye contact and her showing some interest in you non verbally - sure than by all means make a move or give HER some cues and let her make a move.. but yeah randomly saying damn yer fine without any invite could be taken the wrong way by some people and honestly with good reason.

So having manners doesn't mean doing nothing and talking to noone its knowing WHEN to do that. You do realize most human communication takes the form in non verbal right?

As for your assumption i've never been south of the border - that's a big rotfl - i've been to about 17 States and counting.
I know how to pick up girls I am not a rookie. You don't need to tell me. You just seem not to know how other places work when it comes to attraction and dating. Girls in other areas make it obvious they like you. Here to but people are more guarded. Maybe it's a good thing as we do have a low crime rate.

Closed mouths don't get fed. that hair flicking and smiling don't mean nothing if no one does anything about it.

I'm glad you are well traveled. Maybe just not well versed in seduction. Which is a good thing because I know being good at that is looked down upon in this city.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:26 PM

I just posted to say fuzz on is a gay male. Do not speak to me on how to talk to women.

Stick to talking to men. No wonder u feel so entitled. Toronto favors gay men.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:57 AM

Quote:
I just posted to say fuzz on is a gay male. Do not speak to me on how to talk to women.

It is a city of brotherly love lol.... The city of WorldPride and large pride festivities and so many sisters... Hey if you want to have that coffee sometime and I'll show you my passport - gays love to travel - maybe i'll even take you to Barcelona

Old 05-24-2015, 02:24 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
It is a city of brotherly love lol.... The city of WorldPride and large pride festivities and so many sisters... Hey if you want to have that coffee sometime and I'll show you my passport - gays love to travel - maybe i'll even take you to Barcelona

lol!

Old 05-24-2015, 03:35 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,858 times
Quote:

Actually, gay men can have a unique perspective on talking to females. Who do you think their girlfriends vent to?

Us.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Actually, gay men can have a unique perspective on talking to females. Who do you think their girlfriends vent to?

Us.
I honestly didn't know you were a sister of Dorothy lol.... I think this is the first time you've really metioned it... wow go figure maybe Karasmattic has a point about Toronto.... Are there any straight males here anymore

maybe that's why girls are supposedly standoffish and reserved they might be thinking but is he really into me...

Old 05-24-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Maybe just not well versed in seduction. Which is a good thing because I know being good at that is looked down upon in this city.
Well i'm married now but in all honesty - its really not that hard to hook up with a guy.. With that said, lets just say most gay men's scorecard would put even the most karassmatic straight guys scorecard in its place rather easily....... I have a few years on you i'm sure but in the day......

Old 05-26-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Well i'm married now but in all honesty - its really not that hard to hook up with a guy.. With that said, lets just say most gay men's scorecard would put even the most karassmatic straight guys scorecard in its place rather easily....... I have a few years on you i'm sure but in the day......

Maybe most definitely not all. Lol. and gay guys are the most direct people I have encountered. I would not doubt how easy it is for you to get laid.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Maybe most definitely not all. Lol. and gay guys are the most direct people I have encountered. I would not doubt how easy it is for you to get laid.
Actually i'm pretty shy around strangers so even when I was single I didn't hook up as much as probably most of my peers but I have to be honest, guys are guys and so it isn't as challenging for us to hook up even for the shy among us.. By nature we're probably more 'direct' about such matters so i'll admit that you probably have the greater challenge as straights..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto