Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 10:40 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,717,100 times

Advertisements

It happend ....Mumford and Sons ... At the Molson Canadian Ampitheatre Theatre ��!!!! Summer ... I can feel you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 10:58 AM

854 posts, read 585,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
It happend ....Mumford and Sons ... At the Molson Canadian Ampitheatre Theatre ��!!!! Summer ... I can feel you!!!!

Cool! I've got my tix for the season lined up too, starting with Metric next Wednesday. As far as outdoor festivals go, I'm going to go to Field Trip in Fort York and Afrofest... kinda disappointed that's only 1 day this year!

I also have tickets to Manson at the ACC and contemplating Filter at the Opera House!

Old 03-17-2016, 12:32 PM

Default I can't wait ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Cool! I've got my tix for the season lined up too, starting with Metric next Wednesday. As far as outdoor festivals go, I'm going to go to Field Trip in Fort York and Afrofest... kinda disappointed that's only 1 day this year!

I also have tickets to Manson at the ACC and contemplating Filter at the Opera House!
Cool. Too bad about Afrofest. I went for a bit last year and it was fun. There is so much to do... I am excited. I have a bunch of concerts lined up. I am not going to see metric or Marlyn Mason, but it was tempting. I think there was a group on for at least one of those 2, but I might be wrong.

I am a bit of a devil. I am getting tired of paying for a plus one so for some of these concerts I am going solo. I am going to see Mumford in sons alone because I could not 2 tickets together and was able to get one really great seat and I was not willing to sit on the lawn just to be with someone else lol. So I uninvited the person that was going to come with me lol ! We are going to like 6 other concerts together over the next 3 months so he got over it pretty fast. I am going to TD echo park for the first time this year too. There is just so much stuff going on over the next 6 months and I don't want to miss out on too much . I have to review all the stuff I bought becuase I have a feeling there are a few weeks in April or June I am going to at least 2 or 3 concerts in the same week (hopefully I did not buy anythging for the same nights). Have you been to the [SIZE=3]Muhtadi International Drumming Festival?[/SIZE]

Old 03-19-2016, 02:29 AM

854 posts, read 585,451 times
Quote:
Cool. Too bad about Afrofest. I went for a bit last year and it was fun. There is so much to do... I am excited. I have a bunch of concerts lined up. I am not going to see metric or Marlyn Mason, but it was tempting. I think there was a group on for at least one of those 2, but I might be wrong.

I am a bit of a devil. I am getting tired of paying for a plus one so for some of these concerts I am going solo. I am going to see Mumford in sons alone because I could not 2 tickets together and was able to get one really great seat and I was not willing to sit on the lawn just to be with someone else lol. So I uninvited the person that was going to come with me lol ! We are going to like 6 other concerts together over the next 3 months so he got over it pretty fast. I am going to TD echo park for the first time this year too. There is just so much stuff going on over the next 6 months and I don't want to miss out on too much . I have to review all the stuff I bought becuase I have a feeling there are a few weeks in April or June I am going to at least 2 or 3 concerts in the same week (hopefully I did not buy anythging for the same nights). Have you been to the [SIZE=3]Muhtadi International Drumming Festival?[/SIZE]
You're brave to go on your own! I know what you mean getting tired of paying for the extra ticket, I've been known to do that myself. I have not! It sounds interesting though, I think I may have to look into it! Whereabouts is it normally held?

Old 03-19-2016, 07:22 AM

The Drumming event is held st the same spot in the beaches as Afrofest. Re going alone to a concert I was actually noticing other people do this and in reality especially if you are sitting in a seat you don't really talk too much with the person you are with at the event anyways. If it was a none seated event then that might be a little different. I went a Manhattan to go to a concert I really wanted to see last fall and it was kind of amazing. I got a floor seat at Madison Square Gardens and had a blast. I would not likely go to a night club like venu alone, but if I wanted to see the show bad enough I would probably do it.

When I went to see the Sheepdogs are The Danforth Music Hall I did notice people that appeared to be there alone ( men and women). I go to street festivals alone at times. Even though I am not single I have to admit I actually really like doing stuff on my own. It is really a pain to have to not do something because no one else can make it. I went to Afrofest and the Drumming Fest alone last year, but I was just stopping in for a hour or so to see what was going on. If have been a few events that are more in night club environments that I have not gone too ex I really wanted to see Nicky Jam last year, but was not comfortable going to the event because of the venue and this year this group called Groupo Extra that I really like is planning at a banquet hall in a hotel type venue and I would not go to that as they sing really romantic music that couples dance too and I would either get myself in to trouble or feel like a looser listening to romantic music and watching other couples dance ( I am not that brave yet lol). On valentines day there was a concert I wanted to go too and I would have not felt comfortable going with a freind or alone to that concert due to the date on the event ( that one my partner agreed to go with me too, but I could tell he really did not want to be there and we ended up leaving early... which sort of stucked).

Last edited by klmrocks; 03-19-2016 at 07:34 AM..

Old 03-19-2016, 09:20 AM

Oh ... Now I want to go to the Metric concert... Temptation rising ��

Old 03-19-2016, 09:29 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,531,545 times
I don't really like hugely popular music so I seldom end up at very large venues. I've been to Molson Amphitheatre when I was younger to see HIM, but that might actually be it.

I go several times a year specifically to Toronto to see bands at Lee's Palace. In fact, I am going in early May to see a really fantastic band do a reunion show. They're called Land of Talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kIQT7uUiME

I've been to the Garrison once, and the Horseshoe either once or a couple of times. That was a long time ago. Lee's is my favourite, though. I once saw a cool band called Hop Along play one floor up from Lee's at an even smaller venue called The Dance Cave.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:51 PM

Default Suggestions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I don't really like hugely popular music so I seldom end up at very large venues. I've been to Molson Amphitheatre when I was younger to see HIM, but that might actually be it.

I go several times a year specifically to Toronto to see bands at Lee's Palace. In fact, I am going in early May to see a really fantastic band do a reunion show. They're called Land of Talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kIQT7uUiME

I've been to the Garrison once, and the Horseshoe either once or a couple of times. That was a long time ago. Lee's is my favourite, though. I once saw a cool band called Hop Along play one floor up from Lee's at an even smaller venue called The Dance Cave.
Hi Jesse44. If you notice anyone else you think are good playing at Lee Palace post about it or direct message me as I really want to try going to this venue ( walk by most days of the week) so I should actually try and go in. I think I might already having something going on when Land of Talk is playing.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:23 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,531,545 times
Quote:
Hi Jesse44. If you notice anyone else you think are good playing at Lee Palace post about it or direct message me as I really want to try going to this venue ( walk by most days of the week) so I should actually try and go in. I think I might already having something going on when Land of Talk is playing.
Sure. I think they have a board outside with upcoming performances that you should be able to see at street level too, when you walk by.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:32 PM

Default lol ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Sure. I think they have a board outside with upcoming performances that you should be able to see at street level too, when you walk by.
I walk fast ... really fast ! It is not so much about names of who is playing it is more about is it worth my time. Living in this city there are many many many things always going on at the same time. So if I am going to show up to something I really hope it is worth my time because otherwise I could have be somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto