Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 06:01 PM

800 posts, read 729,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Of course there are certain aspects of any topic that some people can't relate to. That said, never discount the opinion of another. Sometimes getting perspective from an outsiders point of view and the fact that I am a living, breathing human with human emotions/desires and who has an open mind and who is honest is actually very beneficial. I would never discount straight/human advice.

I also don't think your opinion reflects the majority of straights - women or men.. I think men who throw around these nasty comments about women in the city and this 'feminist' mumbo jumbo are a small and disenfranchised group of men who have had a trough break at things and thrive on negativity. Why women are the focus of this is particularly disturbing. I think mainstream men are not so 'anti' women.. Most men are the Urban Luis' of the world and not the BigBadMike's - ie what I think is a real man and that is one who respects women!
Like I care what a GAY man thinks about the straight dating dynamic. Stay in your lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 06:33 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Like I care what a GAY man thinks about the straight dating dynamic. Stay in your lane.
Yes there are a lot of examples in history where groups of people were told to 'stay in your lane' or sit at the back of the bus... Fortunately as time goes by, that type of segregationist mentality is waning and losing influence.. I think this whole anti-women movement that has sprung up (thinking it is the expert opinion on women or social issues in general) is sort of like these small and increasingly irrelevant groups of negative and angry people.. They try to incite the masses but like Roosh where- in a city with 23 million people in its metro (NYC) was only able to get a crowd of 77 like minded individuals.. 77/23,000,000 - that is the side your on with this feminist/anti women crap.

Even in the so called feminist and gay haven of Toronto he was only able to get a few dozen of his admirers to his sessions.. A very small but very vocal group of guys - I will give them that.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Yes there are a lot of examples in history where groups of people were told to 'stay in your lane' or sit at the back of the bus... Fortunately as time goes by, that type of segregationist mentality is waning and losing influence.. I think this whole anti-women movement that has sprung up is sort of like these small and increasingly irrelevant groups of negative and angry people.. They try to incite the masses but like Roosh where- in a city with 23 million people in its metro (NYC) was only able to get a crowd of 77 like minded individuals.. 77/23,000,000 - that is the side your on with this feminist/anti women crap.
Never took roosh side. Just disagree with you. And lol at comparing dating views to the plight of African Americans. That is so low and highly disrespectful to a serious issue. You need to get over yourself and realize that some issues aren't yours.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Never took roosh side. Just disagree with you. And lol at comparing dating views to the plight of African Americans. That is so low and highly disrespectful to a serious issue.
You've been generalizing women over and over again ad-nauseum.. You have been generalizing people in a city over and over again. You have exhibited rude and discriminatory behaviour against gays.. You are about the last person who I think is qualified to judge anyone on being low and disrespectful.

I didn't just use the plight of African Americans - I used the plight of many groups of people marginalized and generalized throughout history largely by other groups of angry/hate filled people who also thought they had mastered human dynamics.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
You've been generalizing women over and over again ad-nauseum.. You have been generalizing people in a city over and over again. You have exhibited rude and discriminatory behaviour against gays.. You are about the last person who I think is qualified to judge anyone on being low and disrespectful.

I didn't just use the plight of African Americans - I used the plight of many groups of people marginalized and generalized throughout history largely by other groups of angry/hate filled people who also thought they had mastered human dynamics.
I think you are just sensitive. Like I said get over yourself. Straight males viewpoints are a far better representation on a straight dating scene than a gay one. I would not ask a white person for how black people perceptions. If you want to hold me weight be straight and go try to hook up.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I think you are just sensitive. Like I said get over yourself. Straight males viewpoints are a far better representation on a straight dating scene than a gay one. I would not ask a white person for how black people perceptions. If you want to hold me weight be straight and go try to hook up.
I think this is where you are off because you think you represent 'straight' men but I don't you do. If anyone should get over themselves its you. Most straight men I know in Toronto and outside don't have your views and certainly not those of your buddy BigBadMike.

I'm not going around saying I know the gay dating dynamic in Toronto. I'm not going around and saying I get all Gay men.. I'm not going around and saying all gay men in Toronto are xyz. I'm sure not going around saying that I've had such a hard time in Toronto finding a date and why doesn't anyone love me etc etc.

Honestly, I think the majority of these guys have their own issues.. Most men in Toronto do date and most men find gf's and wives or bf's and husbands. That is a simple reality. Why you wouldn't support what seems obvious is beyond me.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I think this is where you are off because you think you represent 'straight' men but I don't you do. If anyone should get over themselves its you. Most straight men I know in Toronto and outside don't have your views and certainly not those of your buddy BigBadMike.

I'm not going around saying I know the gay dating dynamic in Toronto. I'm not going around and saying I get all Gay men.. I'm not going around and saying all gay men in Toronto are xyz. I'm sure not going around saying that I've had such a hard time in Toronto finding a date and why doesn't anyone love me etc etc.

Honestly, I think the majority of these guys have their own issues.. Most men in Toronto do date and most men find gf's and wives or bf's and husbands. That is a simple reality. Why you wouldn't support what seems obvious is beyond me.
Well then we can agree to disagree. Never said I represented all men. Just stated my observations and since it isn't favorable for this city you are upset. You are not going to change my views. Call me whatever you want. But you cannot change my views and it seems a lot of people feel the same way. Now you can do your best to discredit me but that's not going to change mine or others opinions. You can call me a loser or antisocial but you are gay commenting on a straight dating scene. If you cannot see the fallacy In that that then I can see why you do not want to believe what others notice when dating here vs other places.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Well then we can agree to disagree. Never said I represented all men. Just stated my observations and since it isn't favorable for this city you are upset. You are not going to change my views. Call me whatever you want. But you cannot change my views and it seems a lot of people feel the same way. Now you can do your best to discredit me but that's not going to change mine or others opinions. You can call me a loser or antisocial but you are gay commenting on a straight dating scene. If you cannot see the fallacy In that that then I can see why you do not want to believe what others notice when dating here vs other places.
I'm not at all upset that your views aren't favourable to the city or even that you have been rude to me and discriminatory against gays and demeaning to women.. I'm really thinking logically - negativity attracts negativity and those who aren't happy are the most vocal of the lot. Happy or content Toronto people aren't in a forum complaining about how much life sucks or how difficult the dating scene is or how hard it is to find a friend etc etc.

Every city has its share of individuals who aren't happy.. The same arguments made here against Toronto and its people are levelled to some extent almost everywhere. Sure there are people in Toronto who simply aren't doing well socially and for a variety of reasons.. More often than not I think its probably due to their own issues as opposed to some widespread cultural or social phenomena in the city..

To those who do have issues I actually do wish them all the best and hope they are able to work things out.. If that means building up confidence and going outside their comfort zones than they should work on it. If it means moving to another place than i'd absolutely support that too if it helps their plight - something tells me though the problem(s) may be more internal than external and until they work out what are probably the fundamental issues, I don't think moving is going to be the silver bullet they hope for but at the same time, sometimes you need to do just that to realize what you thought was the problem may not actually be the problem.

Last edited by fusion2; 05-11-2016 at 08:41 PM..

Old 05-11-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I'm not at all upset that your views aren't favourable to the city or even that you have been rude to me and discriminatory against gays and demeaning to women.. I'm really thinking logically - negativity attracts negativity and those who aren't happy are the most vocal of the lot. Happy or content Toronto people aren't in a forum complaining about how much life sucks or how difficult the dating scene is or how hard it is to find a friend etc etc.

Every city has its share of individuals who aren't happy.. The same arguments made here against Toronto and its people are levelled to some extent almost everywhere. Sure there are people in Toronto who simply aren't doing well socially and for a variety of reasons.. More often than not I think its probably due to their own issues as opposed to some widespread cultural or social phenomena in the city..

To those who do have issues I actually do wish them all the best and hope they are able to work things out.. If that means building up confidence and going outside their comfort zones than they should work on it. If it means moving to another place than i'd absolutely support that too if it helps their plight - something tells me though the problem(s) may be more internal than external and until they work out what are probably the fundamental issues, I don't think moving is going to be the silver bullet they hope for but at the same time, sometimes you need to do just that to realize what you thought was the problem may not actually be the problem.
Fair enough. Except sometimes what people think is th problem actually is the problem. Every city has its own identity and culture. Some people like it and thrive others don't. Several people have left their hometown and thrived in toronto. I don't know why you don't think the opposite can be true too. Every city doesn't offer the same things.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. Except sometimes what people think is th problem actually is the problem. Every city has its own identity and culture. Some people like it and thrive others don't. Several people have left their hometown and thrived in toronto. I don't know why you don't think the opposite can be true too. Every city doesn't offer the same things.
Actually i'll give you this! A person and a city can be like a chemical reaction - some good some bad. The city works for me and I like it but in some cases the opposite is true.. I get that but I still stand by what I said that some people just have issues relating to others and that could be the bigger problem than the city itself. I don't think you can discount that either.

I could have been a bit insensitive to those who are having problems. Its easy to disconnect yourself from real human beings on a forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto