Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 10:06 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,514,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Understood. You came across condescending like a lot of people that want to play devils advocate on this board against me. If you truly want your advice to be taken seriously make an effort to not be condescending. And I am sure many people will hear you out.
Where did klmrocks come across as condescending, Karassmatic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 11:03 PM

800 posts, read 726,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
Where did klmrocks come across as condescending, Karassmatic?
She comes across as a know it all and doesn't seem to empathize with others with less luck/ambition then her. She even said she was better than others. Even if you are. If you put yourself on a pedastal people will not like you. Look at the countless celebrities who act entitled and end up being hated. All you gotta do is reply like a down to earth person and empathize with everyone. Even if you don't mean it. Is just the nice/friendly thing to do. Peple flat out like you better.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:07 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,792,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
A single man or women making minimum wage does have a tough time in life unfortunately.

Life is tough (financially) yes, and i make more than my states min wage its sort of frustrating, i like being alone but i sort of need a boyfriend or girlfriend if i want to move out of mommy and daddy's basement.
Are you bi iNviNciBL3? Cool if you are

Old 09-27-2015, 11:39 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,514,633 times
Quote:
She comes across as a know it all and doesn't seem to empathize with others with less luck/ambition then her. She even said she was better than others. Even if you are. If you put yourself on a pedastal people will not like you. Look at the countless celebrities who act entitled and end up being hated. All you gotta do is reply like a down to earth person and empathize with everyone. Even if you don't mean it. Is just the nice/friendly thing to do. Peple flat out like you better.
That wasn't my read of her.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
We are not the same person.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:47 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,792,781 times
Quote:
Agreed!

Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,696,910 times
Default Your perception is your choice : )!

Quote:
Sorry. I have no intension of changing my opinion to make other people like me better. If you interpret what I said as me thinking I am better then others or not being down to earth that is your choice. I could with hold my honest opinion, but then what would be the point of even talking? I do not see the point of someone filtering what they are saying to make other people happy?

Old 09-28-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Sorry. I have no intension of changing my opinion to make other people like me better. If you interpret what I said as me thinking I am better then others or not being down to earth that is your choice. I could with hold my honest opinion, but then what would be the point of even talking? I do not see the point of someone filtering what they are saying to make other people happy?
I'm not trying to Change you I don't know you nor do I care too I am stating. You are condescending. And I am not the only one that noticed.

The rest is just how I would like other people to see me. I know not everyone will like me. But I don't really care if they don't like how I portray myself.

Last edited by Karassmatic; 09-28-2015 at 06:29 AM..

Old 09-28-2015, 09:28 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,696,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I try not to be harsh, but I have a problem with people over sugar coating things. Some of the best advice I ever got was advice from people that were not sugar coating things to spare my feelings. The lime green dress incident is a perfect example. I was planning this party for my sweet 16. I went with a few of my friends to go buy a dress for the party. There was this lime green dress (like neon green) that I really thought was cool and I wanted to get. I tried it on, but I could only see myself from a few select angles as there were not a lot of mirrors in the store so I asked my friends that were with me for advice. They were like ya it is a cool colour. You should get it. They totally avoided commenting on how I looked in the dress. The dress was on sale, final sale and the last in the size I needed. So got it. I got home with the dress and tried it on for my mom. My mom who looked the dress up and down and told me straight up I know you think the colour is cool, but you look ridiculous in it. She honestly and critically pointed out the reasons why and after really thinking through my choice I understood why. It was a really nice dress, but really did not look good on me. My friends were trying to spare my feelings, my mom did not tell me what I wanted to hear, but what I needed to hear. I ended going with my mom to buy a different dress and ended up with something I looked 100% better in. I gave the lime green dress to my cousin.. who actually looked good in it.

Just because you do not like what someone is telling you does not mean they do not have good intensions. My intension sharing my experiences were good. If you choose to see my intension as a way to put myself on a pedestal so be it. After all haters are going to just keep on hating no matter what you do !

Despite my defences of my comments I do appreciate your honest feedback because everyone does interpret things differently and my world choices and sentence structure may have conveyed what I was trying to share differently than the way I indented. Happy Monday Karassmatic !

Old 09-28-2015, 09:53 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,675,697 times
Quote:
From what I read, she was showing how she got where she is now. How is that condescending?

What's wrong with believing she is better than others? if one is better educated, possessing better skills, making more money, owning a more secure future, then she IS doing better than others - Isn't that a fact? It is like no matter how many politically correct words we invent to avoid using the word "fat", a fat person is still a fat person.

I quite agree with her with respect to not sugar coating everything, pretending everyone is the same. No, we are all not the same. Of course everyone has different circumstances and not everyone can be highly successful, but the fact is if you are doing worse than everyone else, don't look for excuses and slump into self-pity as if the world is unfair. It is primarily your own fault.

Canada is in general an equitable country. Those who are stuck with poverty in most cases have themselves to blame - not working hard enough in school, not being ambitious enough, not taking enough risks, not having a good life plan, not saving enough, not making wise investment decisions, making friends with the wrong people - any of these may lead to a failed life.

How many of the underclass remain the underclass because they never bothered doing a god damned thing for once in their life? If one has a mediocre IQ and puts minimum effort to improve himself, of course he deserves a below average life - that's what I called "fair".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto