Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 09:32 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Yeah its usually u brusan or KLM. The toronto can do no wrong crew. You are right I don't like this city as much as you do. And if I could I would go back and just leave before I started establishing my family. But then I'd never have my wife and kids so I can't say that now can I? At 18 I thought it would he better to stick it out here. like you said this place doesn't work for some and if I wanted the career I always wanted canada is the wrong country. And I made the wrong decision.

In other places like vegas I get opportunities to do what I want. I just can't because I'm a foreigner and can't make tons of money and just stash it away with no one knowing I believe that is illegal. It I'm starting to realize I don't need a corporate 9-5 job to make some serious dough in toronto. Which is great. I am not cut out for the 9-5 life but it's really the only thing I geared myself towards. So it's my fault for trying to follow the status quo. I should have just followed my heart to begin with and ignore all the naysayers that were abundant in the past.
So we have to listen to the whining forever due to regrets and not making the right decisions in the past.. Those of us who are happy with our life and our decisions are The Toronto can do no wrong crew lol.. Extraordinary logic there - I'm not happy with my life or where I live so i'll make sure to try and sink everyone else's enjoyment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 12:48 AM

800 posts, read 729,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
So we have to listen to the whining forever due to regrets and not making the right decisions in the past.. Those of us who are happy with our life and our decisions are The Toronto can do no wrong crew lol.. Extraordinary logic there - I'm not happy with my life or where I live so i'll make sure to try and sink everyone else's enjoyment
You know you don't have to respond to my posting right?

And good for you if you are happy. How am I trying to bring you down? Lol. That is your choice fool. I don't care about your life. I care about mine. And apparently a lot of people feel the same way so don't tell me how to feel.

I open up and you shoot me down. So don't read what I write. Save yourself the heartache. Lol. Your not going to change how u feel because yup are so successful and happy. Good for you. What u want to do. Inspire me?

Old 10-08-2015, 09:17 AM

299 posts, read 316,327 times
Quote:
Nobody's whining, this is a discussion forum and people are making an observation. I really do not understand why this is such a big deal to people that somebody doesn't like their city.

If you told me you hated Moscow or London or Chicago I would totally understand it because people are different and have different expectations from the cities.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:28 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post
Nobody's whining, this is a discussion forum and people are making an observation. I really do not understand why this is such a big deal to people that somebody doesn't like their city.

If you told me you hated Moscow or London or Chicago I would totally understand it because people are different and have different expectations from the cities.
In red I totally agree with you Anna - with one major caveat as follows....

If I told you I hated Moscow or London or Chicago and continued to live in one of those cities and feeling powerless to change where I live wouldn't you pity my powerlessness and tire of my excuses for living somewhere I hate? Especially if every post I make about the city/country I hate was negative and kept posting this until I die.. I mean just sad no?

Anyway Anna - you're very welcome for the 15 minutes it took me to provide you with information about internet and mobile cell phone plans etc.. lol...

Last edited by fusion2; 10-08-2015 at 08:21 PM..

Old 10-09-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
In red I totally agree with you Anna - with one major caveat as follows....

If I told you I hated Moscow or London or Chicago and continued to live in one of those cities and feeling powerless to change where I live wouldn't you pity my powerlessness and tire of my excuses for living somewhere I hate? Especially if every post I make about the city/country I hate was negative and kept posting this until I die.. I mean just sad no?

Anyway Anna - you're very welcome for the 15 minutes it took me to provide you with information about internet and mobile cell phone plans etc.. lol...

Cell phone plans? Cell phone plans you provided seriously suck.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:33 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,714,912 times
Quote:
Cell phone plans? Cell phone plans you provided seriously suck.
Why do they suck? Many of my friends use those plans and they are not complaining. I used it too before my employer gave me a plan.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Why do they suck? Many of my friends use those plans and they are not complaining. I used it too before my employer gave me a plan.

because compared to plans in Europe they are super expensive and in Canada you have to pay for cell phone data, in UK you have unlimited data included in every basic cheapest plan.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:55 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,013,672 times
Quote:
because compared to plans in Europe they are super expensive and in Canada you have to pay for cell phone data, in UK you have unlimited data included in every basic cheapest plan.
But isn't UK a much more corrupt country than Canada? (i.e. politicians, etc.)

Old 10-09-2015, 08:20 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,714,912 times
Quote:
Wind Mobile still provide (sort of) unlimited data if I am not mistaken, for a low cost.

https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-devices/plans

Honestly what's the real point of unlimited data? I have 5G every month and the usual actual usage is between 1-2G. Nobody is gonna play video games or watch movies on a cellphone all the time.

Maybe cellphone plans in Canada are more expensive, I could understand your frustration, but there are other things that are much cheaper than the UK, and particularly London, do you agree? Rent for example. Restaurants possible too. You can't focus on one thing that you think works against you and keep being pis*d about it.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:46 AM

800 posts, read 729,773 times
I wish I had unlimited data. I could watch the Jays on my phone instead of the crappy bandwidth they got at work. Our cell phone plans suck we are one of the 2 highest in the world. Don't know why people defend crap here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto