Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 08:37 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Kim, why did you insist on using "looser" repeatedly when he obviously corrected you with "loser"?

looser = less tight. It is not a noun.
Again I must 100% admit spelling and grammer are a weakness. I think, write and read very fast. Some times the mistakes are autocorrected related but more often it is actually likely that I may not realize I am spelling the word wrong.

Not everyone has the same strengths and weaknesses.
Also my mind functions different. When I read I pull out the big picture ex theme ....intention of the statement being made and not the details of spelling and grammer.

I am better with verbal then written communication.

So in the case of that word I never knew I was spelling it wrong.

There are people that study and memorize things to pass test. I actually understand proceeses, am analytical, hands on, see the bigger picture and have more street smarts.

You asked. I have answer.

Oh and by the way I am not embarassed about this. I have noted that on parts of this forum there are threads where people that I personally would coin as socially retarded, rigid, obessive and overly detail oriented make fun of people like me and other posters who dont use perfect spelling and grammer because in my opinion it makes them feel like they are special because they can find someone else's mistakes.

To me thiis is an ironic situation because for someone like me I would wonder why someone would want to invest time critiquing someone's mistakes rather then generating some else to be said or expressed that has purpose.

This highlights that some people are better at creating new ideas and othes are better and editing the details.

Guess which category I fall under.

This why I find a lot of book smart people lose out on jobs to people like me. They spend too much time obessing over the details when someone like me walks in and can look at the big picture.

So some with b and c grades can 100% out earn and perform someone with A+ grades in the real world. You just need to pass university lol! No one actually checks your grades once you get the degree !

Last edited by klmrocks; 08-27-2017 at 08:57 PM..

Old 09-18-2017, 06:17 AM

45 posts, read 76,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post
I understand that I might not be as popular as in my early 20s but I take great care of myself and everywhere else I have a lot of guys, some in their early 20s, asking for my number.
Maybe the problem is that you fixate too much on your appearance? Men seem to want a bit of substance from women, which shouldn't be a surprise. They like women who can hold their own on interesting topics. Looks help but interest won't last just because of them. Do you have anything else to offer? Perhaps you should be looking elsewhere? Personally, I would not look for Mr. Right at a bar. Maybe try an app.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:29 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell236 View Post
Maybe the problem is that you fixate too much on your appearance? Men seem to want a bit of substance from women, which shouldn't be a surprise. They like women who can hold their own on interesting topics. Looks help but interest won't last just because of them. Do you have anything else to offer? Perhaps you should be looking elsewhere? Personally, I would not look for Mr. Right at a bar. Maybe try an app.
I think some men maybe.... ex the minority.

Wait I forget about the ones that want women to look like supermodels, pretend to be most and also be perfect in every other way.

Again ... women just need to stop trying so hard to please other people and live up to other people's expectations.

I know I don't put a lot of effort in to anything without a huge reward.

Some of the women I knew growing up that put the most effort on looking attractive ended up with the ugliest dumbest dead beat loser husband's. So I don't know what all the effort was for. If I am going to be bulimic or anorexic AND marry someone ugly ... I better be living in a castle, driving a Ferrari and have 24/7 hired help .... plus a wicked pre-nuptial agreement. Some people are just dumb ! All these women ended up proving is that you REALLY can't make good decisions on am empty stomach LOL !!!!

Old 09-27-2017, 10:00 PM

32 posts, read 24,991 times
Why do want to date so many guys? :/

Old 08-17-2019, 08:09 PM

92 posts, read 109,624 times
Quote:
I am a 34 year old, educated Russian female and I have lived in London UK, New York, Chicago and Barcelona. Moved to Toronto 2.5 years ago and I am currently trying to decide whether to stay or go back to Europe.

It seems like the city is full of robots. Whenever I go out in NY or London or Chicago, whether it's a bar, night club, a gallery or a patio, I end up meeting new people, having random conversation with someone and being hit on. Always.

Here, not only men do not approach women (and this isn't solely my observation, it's what other women, Canadian ones specifically, complain about), they also act with suspicion if I decide to say hello or strike up a conversation.

Is this Canadian reservdness people have warned me about before I have moved here?

Online dating isn't any better. Men I meet through Tinder or other dating sites say hello, but that's about it, after that initial basic introduction they pretty much expect me to carry the conversation, suggest the meeting and plan everything too.

I am noticing guys here lack confidence. Even if I meet a guy that I like and make it clear that I like him, he will never make a move and lets say, try to grab me and kiss me. They just kinda sit there, staring, lifeless, insecure..

This is so depressing. What are your thoughts? Where are the strong, confident, funny, alpha males? Are they all in US and Europe?
If you want me to give you the hardcore truth here it is- We have low confidence because men are learning here in Canada that women are pretty, sensuous, beautiful and wanted everywhere and by everyone, while its the opposite for us men unless we provide the money, a house and her prize would be us giving her a daughter and in many many many many cases child support too(which is really women support depending on how high a guy is forced to pay per month), its really never about the woman wanting us just for us. (maby the 1800s was that way??).

As far as trying to grab a woman and then kiss her, well we also learned that we could be charged with an unwanted advance or sexual assault probably for the reasons I mentioned above. You see this is no longer the 1970s and 80s where there was no internet. This is 2019 where internet, sites and forums like this one are available everywhere.

Last edited by len ren; 08-17-2019 at 08:26 PM..

Old 08-17-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving on a Jet Plane View Post
Toronto is an extremely unfriendly (not to be confused with polite) city, and the women here are unusually unapproachable, and men have simply adjusted to this. This has to be why men here are, generally speaking, so relatively timid; I don't see how else you can explain it.

What is interesting is that there are many women here who think, unbelievably, that men here are unusually aggressive. I think the key to understanding Toronto's dating scene has something to do with this, but I can't say that I have fully figured it out yet.
How true how true how true of what you say. And maby if you read my above post you will fully figure it all out.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnAzizboii View Post
The women here in Toronto are awful in my opinion, their attitude says it all.
Quote:
I know that all men aren't looking for random hook ups but they way you said it is like men in Toronto are so lifeless that they are scared of sex. Liking sex and being open to casual encounters does not make you an animal.
Maby men are learning that having sex (interc**rse) can lead to unwanted pregnancies/child support/, but maby men are also learning women don't really want sex (interc**rse) either, thats why we're like, "why would such a pretty thing want to date me for the night, month or year(s)?", and they feel suspicious about it like you said, men think,"maby shes just after my money, house, why would such a pretty thing want me for? She wants me just for me?? You gotta be kidding."

Maby women need to be more open to men as to what women really want when it comes to sex with a guy. No sex where men just use women for their own selfish needs, how about a guy doing something for a woman where she really wants it, enjoys it and gets fully satisfied each and everytime. YES a guy can do that for a woman, its not only other women who can or just herself. And you know what i'm talking about-----------or*l s*x. = Finally a guy can give a woman want she really wants when it comes to sex and therefore men will get far more dates all the time where theres no mind play, it will be real.

Last edited by len ren; 08-18-2019 at 05:15 PM..

Old 08-22-2019, 11:49 AM

669 posts, read 320,996 times
Well, given how much the city is changing, the topic is still of interest. Has it changed in any way? Gotten easier? Worse?

Old 08-22-2019, 12:55 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Men i know including my self are especially cautious concerning many women, gold diggers being one of them.
there are so many stories of men being destroyed by women taking them for all they got and then demanding more.
How much can one take?
Guys hardly know where they stand any more , being chewed out for looking or trying to inspire conversation .
Starting young most boys do not know how to converse with girls . I wish I had grown up with sisters it would have helped.
Women these days are not altogether honest. An answer is not always reliable when you ask a girl what she thinks . check out social media and dating sites .
A guy might ask if she is vegetarian and she to identify with him, says what ever she thinks he is .
I have some very specific beliefs and it makes me cautions when some one is simply agreeing with me or on the other hand argue with out foundation.

I don't like it.
why?
I just don't like it ,
have you an idea why ?
it is just stupid .
How is it stupid ?
I don't know.

This is very juvenile and evasive .
If you attempt to raise children with this immaturity how are they going to turn out ?

When I was a kid ,many of my female friends were older women, intelligent and well spoken, a real pleasure to have long conversations with, on all kinds of issues science mechanics politics, work , recreation, engineering , religion , and so forth .
But women my age are caught up in their little world of drama , and I simply do not want to carry around all the baggage too.

Feminism has take a tole too on available men. grant you there are some intelligent women out there but some are so caught up in being a success at work they fail to be a success in relationships. welcome to the world of men .
People demanding equal rights , and not having earned respect get resentment .
I have no problem working with and or under women who have the responsibility being a supervisor , but when it goes to their head no one can be comfortable.
Gaining a position is one thing, holding it is another .But as many men will attest, Being on top makes one the target .accept it.

WE as social creatures have evolved industrially with out learning how to adjust to it, holding on to traditions of the past.
Much as we'd like you can't have both, it is not possible with in most cases the family is broken up , wife and husband working usually different jobs and if there are kids there are a dozen more complications.
One must decide which is most important .
job or family .

Old 08-26-2019, 09:21 AM

10 posts, read 6,873 times
I love how people who are not doing well in certain areas of their life create theories to explain and justify how what is wrong with their life is because of everyone else.

On one hand a person complains that they have to be fearful of women who are gold diggers, but then the person goes on to complain about how bad women are that have jobs and work because they don't know where to place their priorities like how to raise children and put their families first. Maybe if someone was even able to get someone to have a family with them they would have less time to judge other people and be focusing on actually doing something meaningful with their time.

Yes looking for someone who will settle for these types of expectations and this type of odd thinking is going to be tricky. Unless someone is really in need for money and unable to make it themselves why would they settle for being in a relationship with someone who thinks like that.

People who are struggling in these areas of life need to stop and look at themselves and stop wasting time trying to blame everyone else for their problems. Try fixing yourself before trying to fix the rest of the world. It is a lot more practical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto