Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 08:34 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post
I find it shocking that some guys haven't figured out yet that most women view men who dance with them as feminine. If a girl wants to go dancing she takes her gay friend,unless she's like 50 (back in a day that's what couples did).

White guy who dances in a night club is one of the most de-sexualizing beta acts ever..
Of course I disagree. I think this must be culturally specific. Some people like men that know how to cut loose and have a good time without being drunk. I think the idea of a man just going to a club to stand around to stare at women while drinking is stupid. He might as well just go to a strip club and cut the pretence. Some men actually have personality and like to have a good time. This is not exclusive to gay men. I am not sure what type of music you listen to, but I see no problem with straight men regardless of race/ skin colour dancing and having a good time at a club. I guess there are also women who prefer men to be standing around at the bar like a stalker eyeing down their prey and handing out free to drinks to women like they are trying to buy affection. Dancing does not have to be over the top. I would much rather a guy be dancing then standing around getting drunk. Frankly if you are looking to just hook up with someone any woman with 1/2 a brain should realize alcohol intake decreases performance.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:20 AM

299 posts, read 316,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Of course I disagree. I think this must be culturally specific. Some people like men that know how to cut loose and have a good time without being drunk. I think the idea of a man just going to a club to stand around to stare at women while drinking is stupid. He might as well just go to a strip club and cut the pretence. Some men actually have personality and like to have a good time. This is not exclusive to gay men. I am not sure what type of music you listen to, but I see no problem with straight men regardless of race/ skin colour dancing and having a good time at a club. I guess there are also women who prefer men to be standing around at the bar like a stalker eyeing down their prey and handing out free to drinks to women like they are trying to buy affection. Dancing does not have to be over the top. I would much rather a guy be dancing then standing around getting drunk. Frankly if you are looking to just hook up with someone any woman with 1/2 a brain should realize alcohol intake decreases performance.

I absolutely have no problem with men dancing in the club, I'm just saying that if you're a man and you think that going out there and doing "dad dance" is somehow sexually appealing to females then you're deluded. And no, I don't like drunk guys, I never said anything about being drunk.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:30 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
I absolutely have no problem with men dancing in the club, I'm just saying that if you're a man and you think that going out there and doing "dad dance" is somehow sexually appealing to females then you're deluded. And no, I don't like drunk guys, I never said anything about being drunk.
In fairness I think most men that hit the dance floor there's usually drink involved especially here in the uk

Can I ask from your experience in London on a night out was that the case????.

Ps I'll only jump up and have a dance if heavily sedated on alcohol

Old 10-28-2015, 09:47 AM

299 posts, read 316,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
In fairness I think most men that hit the dance floor there's usually drink involved especially here in the uk

Can I ask from your experience in London on a night out was that the case????.

Ps I'll only jump up and have a dance if heavily sedated on alcohol

Ha, my London experience will never compare to the one here, in London we are all heavily intoxicated when we're out partying. Also, guys in London never take themselves seriously. I don't think any English guy would consider hitting the dancefloor to seduce a girl, unless you're like the guys from Inbetweeners Which pretty much is how most guys look at the dance floor in a club trying to look hot..lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gIHU4McdDI

Old 10-28-2015, 09:55 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Ha, my London experience will never compare to the one here, in London we are all heavily intoxicated when we're out partying. Also, guys in London never take themselves seriously. I don't think any English guy would consider hitting the dancefloor to seduce a girl, unless you're like the guys from Inbetweeners Which pretty much is how most guys look at the dance floor in a club trying to look hot..lmao

Can't rep you again!!!!

I've actually had a drink with " jay " before we bumped into him on a night out, he's just as funny in real life

That's what I was referring to when I hit the dance floor LOL!!!! It's all in jest and all good fun, I believe the " quality" of dancing won't seduce many but having a laugh and the confidence to do it..... Oh yes : D

Glad you enjoyed your time in London ( from what you can remember of it ) where did you live here?

And should you decide to come back at all....... Nostrovia Anna

Old 10-28-2015, 10:05 AM

Default Going over the top...

Quote:
I get if it is over the top it can become a huge turn off ... ex

Also ... not many women would be comfortable if a man started pulling out his Patrick Swayze dance moves all of a sudden...

Too many unspoken rules to male/ female interactions ...

I remember being at a night club in Toronto with my cousin and this guy who did not appear drunk (so no idea what the heck he was thinking) started to try to dance with her, but then decided that it was a good idea to pick her up and put her on top of one of those platform things with a pole and started expecting her to dance for him ... while he sort of danced beside her on the floor . I was so confused I was trying not to burst out laughing because it was absolutely strange. Not cool to just pick up someone short and put them somewhere else . Absolutely strange. There is certainly a difference between dancing and making a spectacle of yourself.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:10 AM

800 posts, read 729,861 times
Quote:
I find it shocking that some guys haven't figured out yet that most women view men who dance with them as feminine. If a girl wants to go dancing she takes her gay friend,unless she's like 50 (back in a day that's what couples did).

White guy who dances in a night club is one of the most de-sexualizing beta acts ever..Actually, scientists say that a man who's a bad dancer sends signals to women that he's a bad mating partner. Unless you can dance like Chris Brown you probably dance like a drunken uncle at the wedding.

When I used to go clubbing my friends and I would go and dance with these sad creatures who thought were being so popular on the dance floor but we would go home with the cool guy who stood at the bar with a glass of whisky all night looking bored.
Ok most men can't dance but I'f you can you pretty much are going to stand out. Not everyone is talented and even If you can dance ok that doesn't mean you are good enough to seduce women with dance moves. But If you can dance like channing or twitch in magic mike I'm pretty sure you'd do ok.

And I don't know what you are talking about but plenty of people grind on the dance floor and it leads to at least making out. I don't know why you would sit and wait when so many of these young girls are drunk and horny and looking to hook up. Sure some Peple look dumb when they dance and that sucks for them.

That whole sitting and looking bored only really works if you bought a vip booth and paid the bouncer tell all the hot girls to come to your booth. At least that's what it seems like anyway.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:

I don't know what you are talking about. Tons of guys don't take themselves seriously here. And most guys don't seduce girls by dancing at all. Just like most girls can't dance well either. Just like when a girl can dance exceptionally well. She will easily be able to get any guys she wants there. SO my point only works as I assume you can dance well.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I get if it is over the top it can become a huge turn off ... ex

Also ... not many women would be comfortable if a man started pulling out his Patrick Swayze dance moves all of a sudden...

Too many unspoken rules to male/ female interactions ...

I remember being at a night club in Toronto with my cousin and this guy who did not appear drunk (so no idea what the heck he was thinking) started to try to dance with her, but then decided that it was a good idea to pick her up and put her on top of one of those platform things with a pole and started expecting her to dance for him ... while he sort of danced beside her on the floor . I was so confused I was trying not to burst out laughing because it was absolutely strange. Not cool to just pick up someone short and put them somewhere else . Absolutely strange. There is certainly a difference between dancing and making a spectacle of yourself.
Man when I think dancing I think grinding./ twerking I'm not thinking of no tango. If a girl grinds on you and likes it her probability of taking it further is way higher than just talking imo

Old 10-28-2015, 11:17 AM

Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Man when I think dancing I think grinding./ twerking I'm not thinking of no tango. If a girl grinds on you and likes it her probability of taking it further is way higher than just talking imo
Exactly the same type of dancing I am thinking about. Basic moves. Simple. Nothing too crazy. No one is expecting a guy to walk on the dance floor to put on some cabaret show. I found that even if a guy is not the best dancer, but trying to get in there and dance with a girl their efforts come across as cute and fun even if he does look a bit silly and she will usually engage him. Then again each type of club can be a little different. If you are not a great dancer you may want to stick to clubs that play top 40, rock, alternative, hip hop or reggae and stay far from the dance floor if you are at a Latin Club that plays salsa or meringue because at these clubs there are always a good chunk of people that are really good dancers turning the dance floor in to a semi-ballroom show. I like this kind of music, but in these clubs if you are not a good dancer you can feel really hesitant before agreeing to dance with someone because they might start pulling some dance moves that will make your jaw drop. If you are at a Latin club and not a good dance wait until they start playing some reggaeton as it is much easier to dance to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto