Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 09:37 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times

Advertisements

I am not really a big sports fan, but Blue Jays fever is on lol! Everywhere I go someone is talking about the blue jays. I found it really cool that it seems like other people across Canada are also supporting the Toronto Blue Jays. If you cant get a ticket to a game, does anyone have any suggestions as to best spots in the city to hang out and watch a Jays game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 08:03 AM

380 posts, read 430,529 times
They'll have the games on a big screen at Nathan Phillips Square.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:07 PM

Default Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by willg View Post
They'll have the games on a big screen at Nathan Phillips Square.
Good to know. Will it be all games or just certain games? Frankly I would rather watch for a few minutes and be able to sneak off to the mall and come back if I get bored !

Old 10-17-2015, 05:12 PM

800 posts, read 729,861 times
Why would you make a thread if you really don't care though? Sounds like you don't even understand the game if all you want to do is duck out when your bored.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:04 PM

Default Why not :P!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Why would you make a thread if you really don't care though? Sounds like you don't even understand the game if all you want to do is duck out when your bored.
I am not from the moon :P! I get the just of the game (you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure rules to the game out). I get easily bored with just about anything so I like to have my options just in case. Also have other people in my circle that are really in to sports so if we agree to go watch the game somewhere at least I can step away for a bit if I get bored and come back for the ending.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I am not from the moon :P! I get the just of the game (you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure rules to the game out). I get easily bored with just about anything so I like to have my options just in case. Also have other people in my circle that are really in to sports so if we agree to go watch the game somewhere at least I can step away for a bit if I get bored and come back for the ending.
Because you don't care about the game. It's like you are slighting baseball by calling it Boring and want to go shopping instead. You don't care about sports and I find it annoying. Just don't watch it and don't have an opinions on it. Just because it's a toronto team does not obligate you to have an opinion on it. Especially since you never gave a rats ass until it blew up in the media anyway. You are the worst kind o bandwagoners. Only cares when something special is happening. And even then you call it Boring. So don't even bother with sporats. Leave it to the people that care about it

Old 10-18-2015, 05:41 PM

Default Lol ....

Quote:
Because you don't care about the game. It's like you are slighting baseball by calling it Boring and want to go shopping instead. You don't care about sports and I find it annoying. Just don't watch it and don't have an opinions on it. Just because it's a toronto team does not obligate you to have an opinion on it. Especially since you never gave a rats ass until it blew up in the media anyway. You are the worst kind o bandwagoners. Only cares when something special is happening. And even then you call it Boring. So don't even bother with sporats. Leave it to the people that care about it
I generally have a short attention span and am also not big on obsession on anything for too long. I am not interested in joining any sports cult... if a bandwagon is heading somewhere fun I am always game for going along for a quick ride for the experience. I like trying new things just to mix things up. I do not have an opinion on the game or the jays. Don't forget Karassmatic people like me exist just to annoy people like you !

Old 10-18-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I generally have a short attention span and am also not big on obsession on anything for too long. I am not interested in joining any sports cult... if a bandwagon is heading somewhere fun I am always game for going along for a quick ride for the experience. I like trying new things just to mix things up. I do not have an opinion on the game or the jays. Don't forget Karassmatic people like me exist just to annoy people like you !
If your going to hop on a wave don't call it Boring. You don't have to care. If you find it Boring don't hop on in the first place.

That being said I hope they win. But momentum is not on their side and for some reason toronto teams choke when toronto fans are at their most feverish.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:23 PM

Default Happy to see people excited and having fun....

Quote:
If your going to hop on a wave don't call it Boring. You don't have to care. If you find it Boring don't hop on in the first place.

That being said I hope they win. But momentum is not on their side and for some reason toronto teams choke when toronto fans are at their most feverish.
I am not crazy enough to be going to watch a game and calling it boring out loud. That would be rude . I would probably watch and have fun watching real fans comment. I grew up in a house with a brother and father who were huge sports fans and would regularly have people over to watch all kinds of sport games and still do so. I actually do know how to zip my mouth in real life when things are out of my element . Hey .... you never answer the original question? Any suggestions on good spots to watch the game?

Old 10-24-2015, 02:18 AM

2,941 posts, read 5,182,436 times
Hate to say it, but I'm glad Toronto missed the World Series. That fan display the other night was despicable...fans throwing bottles or whatever after a bad call, I guess. Haven't watched the games, but heard about it on local Boston sports radio.

I'm American, but all of my relatives are Canadian. I was almost born there. I hate when (some)
Americans make fun of you and/or your country...it hurts. But this fan display embarassed me, and I'm embarrassed for you. It was your international stage, Toronto!

Yes, Americans have done this, and will continue this behaviour, but don't some/most Canadians consider themselves better than Americans some/most of the time?

Try again in another twenty years.

Am I simply overreacting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto