Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 09:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,615 times

Advertisements

Hey this is my first post on this discussion forum, I found it online and thought it was a great way to vent about stuff. So I don't know if I'm the only one but it seems to me that I'm always missing out on concerts, events and things like that because my friends are either not into the same things I am or they're on a low budget. Any of you guys feel the same way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 11:17 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Wow. Creepy. It is like me a year ago posting about what I was thinking. Been there done that. I get all the concert and event listing e-mailed to me directly through ticket master and live nation. I also get lots of other event stuff e-mailed directly to me so I do not miss out on anything. Concerts are the hardest to organize to go to with other people. Too many wishy washy people that do not want to make firm plans so far in advance and anyone who goes to concerts knows you go to get them as soon as they are on sale or you get bad or no seats. I am personally a presale buying when possible. What I have done now is just buy 2 tickets at a price point I feel comfortable at as soon as they go on sale or at the presale point. Then a couple weeks before see who wants to go. I have never had to sell any of my tickets as I usually find someone more then willing to go. One of my back up plans is moving to New Jersey next year so I got to extend my circle :P! The joke is a few months in to my plan the same people who at first were turning down invites were fighting to be my plus one :P! Night now there is only 1 concert coming up that I am waiting to buy tickets for. They pop up at any time. However, I have not issus with going to a concert along. In September I went to Manhattan alone to see a concert and had a amazing time. No other else had money, time or interest in going to see the artist and I am so glad I did not let that hold me back. As the nike commercial says ... Just do it! If you got the money and time do not let company hold you back. Counting down the days until the Molson Amphitheatra reopens ! Also have a personal mission of finding the stupid CanStage outdoor theatre in high park (could not find it this year... but next year I WILL figure it out :P)!

Old 11-25-2015, 11:58 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
You don't need a friend to attend a concert with you. People have different priorities, some of them might not find it worth it to throw $100 to listen to some music, which is fine. But they might be buy a purse or something, lol.

I plam to watch Phantom of the Opera next month. Probably by myself.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:28 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,667 times
Going to a concert alone can be awesome. Don't have to worry about losing eachother, can stand where u want, can drink when u want, can leave when u want, don't have to babysit drunk friends...

Old 11-25-2015, 01:28 PM

Default Going solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
You don't need a friend to attend a concert with you. People have different priorities, some of them might not find it worth it to throw $100 to listen to some music, which is fine. But they might be buy a purse or something, lol.

I plam to watch Phantom of the Opera next month. Probably by myself.
The Phantom is GREAT. Loved it. Really wish the 2nd part came to Toronto, but as far as I know it has not. I am likely going to see Jesus Christ Superstar next month alone and can not wait. I went to see Once a few months ago with my partner. I did not ask him to go, but he asked why I did not invite him. So I did. 30 mintues in to the first act I caught him hard core sleeping (eyes cloes and head hung down) . We were in the 3rd row from the stage. Totally embarassing lol. He will not be getting invited to go to any future live theatre performances with me lol. Never again.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:32 PM

Default Sooo true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Going to a concert alone can be awesome. Don't have to worry about losing eachother, can stand where u want, can drink when u want, can leave when u want, don't have to babysit drunk friends...
Totally agree. There were several times this summer I had to leave a concert earlier then I wanted as my plus one wanted to leave early or got their late (I have no right to complain about being late though .... but I always show up before the concert actually starts ).

Old 11-25-2015, 07:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,615 times
Thanks for the replies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto