Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 12:09 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
I'm 35. I meet lots of Toronto women. I have yet to meet anyone very fun, who takes life lightly and is focused on enjoying life. I think women have pressure to be serious from other women in Toronto. Or something. Not sure.

However, women I meet from other countries who are new to the area (and happily there are lots out there) seem to (on average) enjoy life much more.
Well i'm never going to discount personal experience - I just don't think you should rule out any human being. Its hard enough finding the right mate - putting such conditions on things could actually discount you from meeting the right person. Sometimes people have the power to surprise regardless of what you think of everyone who belongs to a certain group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 07:47 PM

800 posts, read 730,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
I'm not even talking about the presumption of dating. I'm just talking about being fun to hang around, completely independent of any relationship assumptions. Just daily life. Chatting in line. In an elevator. Sitting at the same table at a café.

Joie de vivre is missing in Toronto.
Don't know why people want to completely disregard your post as a straight man making an effort in dating scene. I find it strange that these people aren't even hetero males saying your view point is skewed. Yours is not. I completely agree. And if you don't have a social work environment or previous friends from school. You are going to have to put in a lot of effort. Definitely a lot more than other places. People from here. Especially the same 3 or 4 posters are just in denial. Or in PR protection or something. It's just crazy how they are so emotionally invested in what just clearly so obvious.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:53 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Ok guys ... you think you get brushed off ... watch this video ... now that is getting brushed off lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkx-7fsiWgg

If a woman does this too you ... then okay I give you 100% permission to call her cold.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Ok guys ... you think you get brushed off ... watch this video ... now that is getting brushed off lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkx-7fsiWgg

If a woman does this too you ... then okay I give you 100% permission to call her cold.
It's not even getting g brushed off. It's just having the decency to look someone in the eye and smile. Or small talk then be on your way. It actually makes your day more pleasant. Unless of course you are anti social and find human interaction uncomfortable.

Then again it really doesn't matter. What I learned is go out of your way only if you really want to bed them. They are going to think so anyway so might as well only do it when you want to.

Stranger danger is alive and well here.

On a positive it's probably why the city is so safe. Nobody really trusts anybody.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:55 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
It's not even getting g brushed off. It's just having the decency to look someone in the eye and smile. Or small talk then be on your way. It actually makes your day more pleasant. Unless of course you are anti social and find human interaction uncomfortable.

Then again it really doesn't matter. What I learned is go out of your way only if you really want to bed them. They are going to think so anyway so might as well only do it when you want to.

Stranger danger is alive and well here.

On a positive it's probably why the city is so safe. Nobody really trusts anybody.

I don't know. I have had guys be that like with me at times when I was younger and it freaked me out a bit, but that is because I was younger, less assertive and thought okay maybe he is crazy. It still made me blush and smile and sometimes I would give him my number as long as it was someone I could see my father tolerating. I am not sure why someone would really totally brush off someone who made that level of effort to talk with them.

The worst was when sometimes we would give guys fake numbers when they were really aggressive and we just wanted to get ride of them ( ... not really a nice thing to do, but we where young and dumb). I think in my part maybe it is the fear that we invoke in kids in the city when they are younger. Ex don't talk to strangers, do go anywhere alone .. and so on. We totally bubble wrap most of them from interacting with people which I think ends up resulting in people being scared to talk to each other.

Regardless of the approach if a guy/ man likes you he is not going to want to just hold your hand forever. It is to be expected he will eventually want more then that. The shy ones or the aggressive ones are both pretty much aiming for the same thing, they just have different ways of going about it. At least the aggressive one it being upfront. Sometimes it is the ones that are not as upfront with the intentions that you need to be more worried about. I honestly think we still indirectly push young women to be scared of the world, which can cause them to loose out on experiencing life to the fullest.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I don't know. I have had guys be that like with me at times when I was younger and it freaked me out a bit, but that is because I was younger, less assertive and thought okay maybe he is crazy. It still made me blush and smile and sometimes I would give him my number as long as it was someone I could see my father tolerating. I am not sure why someone would really totally brush off someone who made that level of effort to talk with them.

The worst was when sometimes we would give guys fake numbers when they were really aggressive and we just wanted to get ride of them ( ... not really a nice thing to do, but we where young and dumb). I think in my part maybe it is the fear that we invoke in kids in the city when they are younger. Ex don't talk to strangers, do go anywhere alone .. and so on. We totally bubble wrap most of them from interacting with people which I think ends up resulting in people being scared to talk to each other.

Regardless of the approach if a guy/ man likes you he is not going to want to just hold your hand forever. It is to be expected he will eventually want more then that. The shy ones or the aggressive ones are both pretty much aiming for the same thing, they just have different ways of going about it. At least the aggressive one it being upfront. Sometimes it is the ones that are not as upfront with the intentions that you need to be more worried about. I honestly think we still indirectly push young women to be scared of the world, which can cause them to loose out on experiencing life to the fullest.
And you do know that is a trait tied to torontonians right? I know they need friends approval and can never really do things on their own. For the most part. Like they need social acceptance like they are famous or something. Lol.

I guess if they did what they wanted they were be a problem on the other end of the spectrum. A bunch of gold digging females who get rich from having successful man's babies. Or girls that sleep with many men they find attractive and being regarded a ****. Or bring labeled a ***** yet be showered with gifts /notoriety and thus not caring.

Catch 22 I guess.

But that's not my point. I'm simply talking about small talk. Not sleeping with people. Sex is power though. Many have slept there way to the top. All across history. But I'm sure sleeping with random strangers from Toronto is not going to bring you any type of power or even notoriety. Lol.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Don't know why people want to completely disregard your post as a straight man making an effort in dating scene. I find it strange that these people aren't even hetero males saying your view point is skewed. Yours is not. I completely agree. And if you don't have a social work environment or previous friends from school. You are going to have to put in a lot of effort. Definitely a lot more than other places. People from here. Especially the same 3 or 4 posters are just in denial. Or in PR protection or something. It's just crazy how they are so emotionally invested in what just clearly so obvious.
Typical rubbish post.. You're actually criticizing advice from someone who is saying don't discount any human being because you may be robbing yourself of finding the perfect mate.

I would say your post is shocking but its not because its just you and angry self talking.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Typical rubbish post.. You're actually criticizing advice from someone who is saying don't discount any human being because you may be robbing yourself of finding the perfect mate.

I would say your post is shocking but its not because its just you and angry self talking.
Look I've NEVER had a problem getting sexual attention from girls. A big part of it was because I NEVER take relationship advice from a gay man.

I would never give advice on gay things. Its not my place.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Look I've NEVER had a problem getting sexual attention from girls. A big part of it was because I NEVER take relationship advice from a gay man.

I would never give advice on gay things. Its not my place.
Its a narrow minded approach. Then again, dismissing a whole group of people simply because they were born somewhere is also narrow minded.. Doesn't surprise me tbh. There are people in the world who bridge gaps and those who extend them.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:21 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:

That man is clearly drunk, and everything he does is interpreted through his staggering gait in the first 10 seconds at the laundromat

Swaggering men at the laundromat should be pushed off and brushed away.
That's a given.

Men who will not accept that a woman is not interested should be taken to task for not getting the message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto