Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 11:29 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,707 times

Advertisements

Sting's NBA All-Star halftime show is preemptively bumming people out

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions about this?

I like Sting and the former Police well enough, but to choose Sting to perform during the NBA All-Star halftime show?

I agree with the article that suggests that Drake would be a much better choice.

I don't watch sports, but this issue has burned up a few phone lines/texting fingers on our local English talk radio station in Montreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 11:54 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
When people think Toronto ... They think Drake. Sounds like a repeat of the Pan Am games closing ceremony scandal all over again.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:58 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,033,761 times
It's racist, too, just like the Oscars.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:22 PM

26,878 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Who made the decision? The Raptors or the NBA?

Old 01-31-2016, 01:58 PM

281 posts, read 327,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
When people think Toronto ... They think Drake. Sounds like a repeat of the Pan Am games closing ceremony scandal all over again.
John Tory's son, Christopher, works for Live Ent who was responsible for the closing ceremonies. Of course there was no conflict of interest there. Nope, none whatsoever...

Old 01-31-2016, 02:51 PM

When I think of NBA .... I don't think Sting lol. I think Drake. I am not really a Drake music fan ( I do think he is a great actor, good character/ seems like a classy guy and a great rep for this city though). I am wonder if it is cost related? Sting is on tour and will be having a concert in Toronto in the next few months. Maybe Drake just cost too much money right now?

Old 01-31-2016, 06:12 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,667 times
I guess they're trying to get people who normally wouldn't tune in.

Like when they get people like Destiny's Child to perform at the Superbowl.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:40 AM

800 posts, read 730,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
When I think of NBA .... I don't think Sting lol. I think Drake. I am not really a Drake music fan ( I do think he is a great actor, good character/ seems like a classy guy and a great rep for this city though). I am wonder if it is cost related? Sting is on tour and will be having a concert in Toronto in the next few months. Maybe Drake just cost too much money right now?
When you think nba you think drake? Not lebron or even Michael Jordan.

I know you don't care about sports. You only my care about this because of toronto and your clearly biased. But please don't EVER care.

Drake is an ambassador o the raptors not a player. Foh with that.

The reason they got sting is to target another demographic

Last edited by Karassmatic; 02-01-2016 at 12:15 PM..

Old 02-01-2016, 01:38 PM

281 posts, read 327,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post

Older white males?

Old 02-01-2016, 09:26 PM

Default In terms of music ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
When you think nba you think drake? Not lebron or even Michael Jordan.

I know you don't care about sports. You only my care about this because of toronto and your clearly biased. But please don't EVER care.

Drake is an ambassador o the raptors not a player. Foh with that.

I meant in terms of music. I am not from the moon I know Drake is not a player, but he is from this city and is an ambassador for the Raptors so I would think he would be a more appropriate choice to preform at this type of event then Sting. Then again ... maybe it is a conflict of interest ex he is an ambassador for a specific team. I like Sting... he is coming to Toronto soon and I got tickets. If they want to go see Sting he is coming her for a full concert. Maybe Sting is trying to target a different market vs the NBA trying to target another market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto