Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 07:18 PM

3,866 posts, read 5,290,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Good advice Ed!

I think a bit of healthy patriotism isn't necessarily a bad thing. Kind of like rah rah team.. That said if it blinds you and your sense of objectivity and humility is lost than its far to easy to get swayed into a gutter.

Anyway, I really do wish Karassmatic well and hope he finds some peace.
If healthy means you are proud of your hertitage, then of course that is fine. We both know that I am proud of my heritage, but I am also the first to acknowledge how fu*ked up my country of birth is. Its actually a national pastime to bash our government, even if your preferred party is in power.

So hearing the overly congratulatory nature of some people has always rubbed me the wrong way or maybe I just dont relate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 07:50 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
If healthy means you are proud of your hertitage, then of course that is fine. We both know that I am proud of my heritage, but I am also the first to acknowledge how fu*ked up my country of birth is. Its actually a national pastime to bash our government, even if your preferred party is in power.

So hearing the overly congratulatory nature of some people has always rubbed me the wrong way or maybe I just dont relate.
I think you're being a tad hard on patriotism lol. There's enough to be proud about with respect to Toronto and issues that should be critiqued fairly should absolutely have their place in discussion. Its the only way to make something 'better' but by the nature of making something better you have to be proud of what you have improved. That is my idea of patriotism, pride in accomplishing improvements and overcoming challenging issues with solutions that demonstrably make something better. You can't do that if everyone is just 'doing there own thing' and couldn't give a crap about a place and is always negative and down on it.

Being balanced, objective and humble are all great traits though and I do agree, blind patriotism and ethnocentrism are not helpful and just cloud sound reasoning and are actually inhibitors to improvement.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:41 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,241,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishbu123 View Post
Its funny how Torontonians are so proud to be not-American but embrace a rapper that raps in a Southern accent, uses American slang and the "N" word every other sentence; its such a fake, contrived persona he has developed. Also his OvO fest is an excuse for people to act like gangbangers and fools. Its like you guys want recognition so bad you'll take someone who acts extremely American in every respect; this is a guy you would have derided had he been from New York or some other American city.
Well, his father is an African American from Tennessee who he would often go and visit for extended periods of time after his parents separated. His mother is a Jewish (white) Torontonian.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:49 PM

How Drake Became King of Toronto:

How Drake became king of*Toronto - The Globe and Mail

Old 02-15-2016, 12:53 PM

Cool video, although they messed up the part with the map and don't know the difference between the 6 former boroughs which make up the city proper and the GTA.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:50 PM

800 posts, read 730,253 times
Amazing. I can see why toronto loves drake so much. Awe inspiring magical story.

Wow.

Please make a movie about this guy.

Everything about him is so real. Better than Michael Jackson

Is he going ro be in movies yet? I'm sure he's a better actor than Leonardo dicaprio too.

My stance has changed. The cold winters, rigid point of views and free Healthcare creates a perfect storm to brew top notch artists. Toronto is the greatest city ever. Backed by the greatest talent in the world. Drake!

Best mob boss image ever. Never even broke any laws. But still a mob boss. 6 god. Wow.

Toronto realest city ever. Anyone can make it here. Fusion was right. Just gotta follow in drakes footsteps. He did it. When. No. One. Said. He. Could. Even the Russian mafia stopped him from getting his division 1 scholarship in football in high school for banging their girls. But that dudes guts are spilled on the streets now. 6 god! So real. So dangerous.

Next year we will see him play on the Lakers and witness that legendary 50 inch vertical the nba wants to market so bad.

Drake the greatest human ever.

Wòooooooooooow.

Everyone you felt did you wrong drake. I hope you make them pay.

Make

Them

Pay.

Last edited by Karassmatic; 02-15-2016 at 06:11 PM..

Old 02-15-2016, 06:51 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Jealousy is a nasty thing.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
man you really have it in for Drake. Are you jealous?
No I'm in awe. Clearly.

He's had such a hard path and over came the worst the world has to offer.

It's inspring. No wonder you guys love him so much.

God came to earth and touched his soul.

Only explanation.

If I was jealous I'd go to LA. Break all sorts of real records. And slam toront o for being so ****ty to me.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
So is being gay but I don't complain.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:22 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default lol

Quote:

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto