Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 01:22 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Good suggestions outside Toronto as well! I'm gonna check those out.
Give them a try.

The Stouffville Strawberry Festival was always fun. Main Street was closed to traffic, and there were all kinds of vendors' booths lining the street. But for music lovers (and I was one), there were typically three stages with beer gardens: one near the skate park, one at Clocktower Square, and one in Freel Lane, next to the Earl of Whitchurch pub. In my day, the one in Freel Lane was a little "freer" than the others, and if you showed up and wanted to play, you could. Hence, its moniker, "Strawberry Jam."

While it was local talent, it was always really quite talented. Lots of entertainment on a nice summer's day.

If you go, say hello to Stouffville for me. I lived there for a few years, and still love that little town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 03:41 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Give them a try.

The Stouffville Strawberry Festival was always fun. Main Street was closed to traffic, and there were all kinds of vendors' booths lining the street. But for music lovers (and I was one), there were typically three stages with beer gardens: one near the skate park, one at Clocktower Square, and one in Freel Lane, next to the Earl of Whitchurch pub. In my day, the one in Freel Lane was a little "freer" than the others, and if you showed up and wanted to play, you could. Hence, its moniker, "Strawberry Jam."

While it was local talent, it was always really quite talented. Lots of entertainment on a nice summer's day.

If you go, say hello to Stouffville for me. I lived there for a few years, and still love that little town.
I like these little festivals with a local flair.. Often you get to enjoy them more because the crowds aren't as crazy so can be more intimate and relaxed! I'll be sure to say hi to Stoufville for you Chevy!

Last edited by fusion2; 05-10-2016 at 04:16 PM..

Old 05-10-2016, 04:10 PM

Toronto has a big variety of film festivals. Obviously TIFF is the most famous and largest of them but going on now Is the Toronto Jewish Film Festival from 05MAY-15MAY

Toronto Jewish Film Festival

On another note - The Toronto Pride Parade has been moved to the July long weekend and has been expanded to be Pride month instead of Pride week which means longer Pride events/festivities in our city..

The Pride Parade itself will cap off Pride month and will be on Sunday July 03rd. I think its a good move moving it to a long weekend and will bring out more people to the event.

http://www.pridetoronto.com/pride-month/pride-parade/

Old 05-17-2016, 09:25 PM

The ROM has a special exhibition this summer on Tattoo's or as the ROM puts it

Quote:
Coming from the musée du quai Branly in Paris, where the exhibition received rave reviews, Tattoos: Ritual. Identity. Obsession. Art. explores the 5000-year-old multifaceted world of tattooing, showcasing a visual history of body art and markings, ancient tools, and commissioned tattooed silicone body reproductions, inked by some of the most respected tattoo artists in the contemporary world.
Looks worth checking out.

https://www.rom.on.ca/en/tattoos-rit...gallery/recent

Old 05-18-2016, 08:16 PM

Electric Island kicks off this summer on 23May at Hanlan's Point

Quote:
Electric Island is the Toronto summer series that celebrates the underground sound by bringing house and techno talent to Canada
Toronto's Electric Island reveals 2016 season lineup - Dancing Astronaut

For more things to do this Victoria Day Long Weekend - as usual, lots going on in the city.

http://www.todocanada.ca/things-to-d...-this-weekend/

Old 05-19-2016, 07:36 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default Kaboom !

Quote:
Electric Island kicks off this summer on 23May at Hanlan's Point

Toronto's Electric Island reveals 2016 season lineup - Dancing Astronaut

For more things to do this Victoria Day Long Weekend - as usual, lots going on in the city.

Top Things to do in Toronto this Long Weekend - May 20 - 23, 2016

Don't forget the fireworks at Ashbridges Bay at 9:45 p.m. Monday, May 23! In my opinion it is a great way to end the long weekend. That is likely where I am headed. Nothing like fireworks on the beach!

Old 05-19-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Don't forget the fireworks at Ashbridges Bay at 9:45 p.m. Monday, May 23! In my opinion it is a great way to end the long weekend. That is likely where I am headed. Nothing like fireworks on the beach!
For sure! I really miss the Benson and Hedges fireworks displays in the summer... Those were awesome!

Old 05-20-2016, 09:37 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default Me too!!

Quote:
For sure! I really miss the Benson and Hedges fireworks displays in the summer... Those were awesome!
Me too ! Those were really great. It would be even better it there was background music like there is when you go to Disney Theme Parks (...but I guess that might be pushing it ).

Old 05-21-2016, 08:56 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,019 times
We're out here looking for events, all summer sixteen, all summer sixteen, prices dirty not clean.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Me too ! Those were really great. It would be even better it there was background music like there is when you go to Disney Theme Parks (...but I guess that might be pushing it ).
Yeah I don't think I remember the Disney music background during benson lol - but sure if they came back i'll take it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto