Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2016, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,703 times

Advertisements

Hey, I am looking to move to Ontario Canada next year in September, I wanted to know if anyone had any advise as to where I should move for the best affordable living rates and event decorating job offers as a single person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 10:59 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriskriskris1234 View Post
Hey, I am looking to move to Ontario Canada next year in September, I wanted to know if anyone had any advise as to where I should move for the best affordable living rates and event decorating job offers as a single person.
I would suggest Toronto based on job opportunities in general. It is also an easy place to navigate as a new immigrant. What part of the Caribbean are you coming from. Toronto has a big Caribbean community. Once you get better settled in and get a car the living outside of Toronto may also meet your needs.

Good luck.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:28 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,452,265 times
So, OP have you started your immigration application , yet ?

That would be the first thing that you should be doing. You can't work in Canada with out official permission from the Government of Canada. And that takes time, as in a year or longer.

Never assume that you will get that permission....

One of the first of many questions that you need to ask your self is..... What special abilities and or actual technical skills do I have, that will result in Canada choosing me , over the thousands of other applicants that Canada gets every year.

How about the need for you to have enough actual "money in the bank " to support yourself for a year, after you get here ? That is a requirement. For a single person that amount will be at least $15,000 Canadian dollars.

Lots to think about, right ?

Jim B.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:41 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,174,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post

That would be the first thing that you should be doing. You can't work in Canada with out official permission from the Government of Canada. And that takes time, as in a year or longer.

One of the first of many questions that you need to ask your self is..... What special abilities and or actual technical skills do I have, that will result in Canada choosing me , over the thousands of other applicants that Canada gets every year.

How about the need for you to have enough actual "money in the bank " to support yourself for a year, after you get here ? That is a requirement. For a single person that amount will be at least $15,000 Canadian dollars.

Jim B.
More than welcome to settle in Toronto! We welcome all newcomers Feel free to ask any questions you may have about your new life in Canada

Old 09-04-2016, 10:10 AM

287 posts, read 306,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post

Jim B.
Not necessarily taking a year for work permit, more like several months. There is also an express entry program and if you are eligible , you can get permanent residence approval within 6 months, you can find the info on cic website

Old 09-04-2016, 06:39 PM

31 posts, read 46,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriskriskris1234 View Post

If you are able to immigrate, I would suggest settling in the eastern suburbs of Toronto, such as Pickering or Ajax. There is a large Caribbean population there.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:33 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default We are everywhere.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective71 View Post
If you are able to immigrate, I would suggest settling in the eastern suburbs of Toronto, such as Pickering or Ajax. There is a large Caribbean population there.
There are so many people from the Caribbean in Toronto .... we are like everywhere lol. You can seriously find us in all parts of the city ...GTA and province lol.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:06 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,713,407 times
I would suggest Toronto as well, there is a huge Caribbean population, you'll fit right in and I think you will like it.
It's a big city with lots to do and see. I'm not sure if you've been here or to a cold weather city before, just be aware that it can get really cold in the winter so bundle up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto