Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 07:04 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,795,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks5 View Post
Already convinced

Looking for apartments on viewit.ca around Yonge/Eglinton, I then google them and most seem to have negative reviews about either bed bugs or ****ty management Guess I have to keep on looking then go see them live.
You'll probably see some sort of complaint about every building in the city ie bed bugs, roaches etc. Bed bugs in particular can happen even in a 4 or 5 star hotel. Might be a good idea to check the date of the complaint. If it was 5 or 10 years ago or is just 1 or 2 complaints you have to take it for what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 08:06 PM

17,330 posts, read 32,944,455 times
Quote:
Already convinced

Looking for apartments on viewit.ca around Yonge/Eglinton, I then google them and most seem to have negative reviews about either bed bugs or ****ty management Guess I have to keep on looking then go see them live.
(I'm not even posting in the Toronto forum to make Fusion2 happy. I happened to notice "MTL" in the thread title, so here I am.)

I know nothing about that area. Nothing. What I do know about reviews is this:

- People who are unhappy (lousy service, bad product, crappy experience, etc.) are the quickest to post reviews, so as to "warn" others. They also like to vent, rant, and hear themselves "talk."
- People can be vengeful. You have no idea what these reviewers' relationships are to the owners, management company, etc.

vs.

- People who are happy (good service, product, or experience) more often don't think about posting about it. They just happily go on being happy. (This is in inverse proportion to posting on Facebook where people ONLY post their happy crap so you think that they live a charmed life, full of unicorns and glitter, in which nothing EVER goes even remotely wrong.)

My point: Take reviews with a grain of salt. Go see these places for yourself. Maybe talk to another tenant if you see one around. (Try to choose one who doesn't look angry at life.)

Old 05-25-2017, 08:22 PM

13 posts, read 7,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
(I'm not even posting in the Toronto forum to make Fusion2 happy. I happened to notice "MTL" in the thread title, so here I am.)

I know nothing about that area. Nothing. What I do know about reviews is this:

- People who are unhappy (lousy service, bad product, crappy experience, etc.) are the quickest to post reviews, so as to "warn" others. They also like to vent, rant, and hear themselves "talk."
- People can be vengeful. You have no idea what these reviewers' relationships are to the owners, management company, etc.

vs.

- People who are happy (good service, product, or experience) more often don't think about posting about it. They just happily go on being happy. (This is in inverse proportion to posting on Facebook where people ONLY post their happy crap so you think that they live a charmed life, full of unicorns and glitter, in which nothing EVER goes even remotely wrong.)

My point: Take reviews with a grain of salt. Go see these places for yourself. Maybe talk to another tenant if you see one around. (Try to choose one who doesn't look angry at life.)
Never knew their could be drama between members on this type of forum

Kidding aside, you're right...I'll go check them out personally.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:23 PM

Ha i'm not looking for anyone to post to make me happy when it comes to T.O - just be fair and open minded

As for your post Dawn - I totally agree that those with gripes are the loudest - squeaky wheel gets the oil type of thing even if they probably represent the minority but I think it is sound advice for Mark to check the place out himself and as you said just talk to residents and observe.

As for Drama Mark - the CAD forums only have a few dozen regular posters in here and we become familiar with one another obviously but generally speaking the CAD forum in C/D is remarkably civil by and large. If you want drama in here - check out the Politics and Controversies section - that is where the real drama happens in these forums. The Canada forum is a snooze fest in comparison.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:28 PM

17,330 posts, read 32,944,455 times
Quote:
No drama at all. Fusion2 and I have a new and blossoming friendship.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:22 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,698,052 times
Default .....

Quote:

Kidding aside, you're right...I'll go check them out personally.
I know the area. It is petty good. There are cool dining options, bars and a few night clubs ( I took a picture with a tiger at one ...... scary).

Not as cool as The Danforth or The Beaches. Totally different vibe.

Welcome to Toronto.... bed bugs and roaches live here too. You can find them anywhere. Even the nicer areas.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
No drama at all. Fusion2 and I have a new and blossoming friendship.
awww only good drama

Old 05-27-2017, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post

Welcome to Toronto.... bed bugs and roaches live here too. You can find them anywhere. Even the nicer areas.
Bed bugs can hit anyone and although a pain they can be treated. Roaches on the other hand are a pain but there is a lot the renter can do to prevent being a target and that is keep the apartment clean and don't leave dishes in the sink. I love when people complain and probably write complaints about roaches but their place is a pig sty. Well... So good community housekeeping goes a long way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto