Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 11:32 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
klm is actually quite proud to say she doesn't drink alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 11:33 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
You are too pretentious.

FYI. Doug Ford won the election. Your elect didn’t.

Who is the real idiot If you can’t beat an “idiot”

If executed this will work because it will be in your face. Everything you talk about involves raising taxes with poor execution on top of that. I could see why the liberals lost.

Sometimes you do stuff for the public just cause. It’s good politics. Even if you think it’s nothing. When many don’t. You fail at seeing the big picture
I just can't relate to the idea of someone wining my vote by saving be a $0.25 on a beverage and would ne insulted in someone even tried to win my vote with that sort of dumb offer.

But I guess with the lucky $0.25 discount those mighty folks are going to invest in ..... more beer

I am understanding more and more each day there truly area some basic folks out there.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:35 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Just cause I buy Stella doesn’t mean others don’t like the dollar stuff. The guys that drink it probably live rough lives. But they are needed in the economy. Need to keep them happy even if it’s throwing them a few crumbs. What’s that saying? One mans junk is another mans treasure?
If the plan made sense for the breweries, perhaps. It doesn't. You are going to see little if any change, and what change may happen, won't last for long.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:35 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
You are too pretentious.

FYI. Doug Ford won the election. Your elect didn’t.

Who is the real idiot If you can’t beat an “idiot”

If executed this will work because it will be in your face. Everything you talk about involves raising taxes with poor execution on top of that. I could see why the liberals lost.

Sometimes you do stuff for the public just cause. It’s good politics. Even if you think it’s nothing. When many don’t. You fail at seeing the big picture
Strange how getting there and staying there involves so many compromises with acceptable moral and ethical standards, wouldn't you agree?

Are we to blame for that?...…... I think so. If the electorate had even an ounce of self respect, Doug Ford and any of his ilk would not even make it to the ballot.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:36 AM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
klm is actually quite proud to say she doesn't drink alcohol.
I don't drink alcohol because I can't stand drunks.

That does not mean I have issue with people drinking as long as no one get annoying drunk and throws up on me.

If I did drink it would be cognac.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:36 AM

800 posts, read 730,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
If the plan made sense for the breweries, perhaps. It doesn't. You are going to see little if any change, and what change may happen, won't last for long.
Ok. Doug got positive image points regardless

Old 08-09-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Strange how getting there and staying there involves so many compromises with acceptable moral and ethical standards, wouldn't you agree?

Are we to blame for that?...…... I think so. If the electorate had even an ounce of self respect, Doug Ford and any of his ilk would not even make it to the ballot.
Not saying I’m powerful or anything. But the more older, wiser and I guess influential you get the more the world flat out contradicts itself. What’s wrong? I don’t know. What do you want done? Is a easier question to answer/execute. Cuz it seems for everything to be right everything’s must go wrong. The world is funny but who are we to fight the natural forces of earth? Lol

Old 08-09-2018, 11:39 AM

Default .....

Quote:
Just cause I buy Stella doesn’t mean others don’t like the dollar stuff. The guys that drink it probably live rough lives. But they are needed in the economy. Need to keep them happy even if it’s throwing them a few crumbs. What’s that saying? One mans junk is another mans treasure?
I get where you are coming from with that comment.

But as someone who I guess is more demanding... I don't want a $0.25 off... give me CEO job at the brewery and then I will be singing your praises.

If someone makes me a crumby offer ... why should I celebrate.

It is just an insult.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:42 AM

Default ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

I think if I owned a brewery ......
Unless I was likely to sell way more product ... why would I drop my price when I would be selling less volume at a higher profit.

Beer is not a item that provides nutritional value.

I could see if we were talking about milk, bread, eggs, fruits and vegetables making the plea that if you sell for sell more people will be able to have access to nutrient dense foods and have improved health.... but this is just a comical insult.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I get where you are coming from with that comment.

But as someone who I guess is more demanding... I don't want a $0.25 off... give me CEO job at the brewery and then I will be singing your praises.

If someone makes me a crumby offer ... why should I celebrate.

It is just an insult.
You may want to tread lightly with the working class as they seem to be a large growing demographic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto