Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:53 PM

686 posts, read 3,715,544 times

Advertisements

I have another question. on Wikitravel is talks about Toronto's East End where the distillery is located, and it says that it is an area mixed with expensive neighborhoods and housing projects. And that the area can be rough. Says the same thing for the Parkdale neighborhood. Are these two areas safe to walk around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 04:56 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,239,443 times
^ Yes, you have nothing to worry about.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:33 AM

5 posts, read 7,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
Hi there,
I am going to be visiting Toronto this summer June 9th-13th and am curious to know what is there to do in the city besides visiting the main attractions. I am more the explorer type who likes to walk around neighborhoods and take photographs.
I am considering attending college in Toronto when I transfer from here in the U.S. and eventually settling down, so anything where I can get an off the beaten path feel and explore the city, I would like that a lot. Here is a list created of attractions I would like to visit while in Toronto. Please feel free to comment on these and add your own suggestions. I want to make the most of my trip!!! I’m very excited to finally have the opportunity to come to Toronto. Thanks a lot in advance!!! Oh, and also, is the public transportation system viable to use for a vacationer?
Toronto Trip Things To See And Do:
1 .Bloor/Yorkville Area
2. CN Tower
3. Eaton Centre
4. Harbourfront Centre
5. High Park
6. Martin Goodman Trail
7. Queen Street West
8. Rogers Centre
9. Toronto Island Park
10. Old Toronto City Hall
11. Downtown Toronto-Walk around

Daniel
There are a lot of different street festivals that go on during that period. They close off the streets and if it is a nice day there are lots of people walking around, they cook food outside,depending on what part of the city it is going on at the time, the bar patios are full and it is a lot of fun.

If you are a baseball fan you can find out in advance who is playing and take in a ball game. The tickets are extremely reasonable.

There is an area downtown called the entertainment district with about 50 bars, restaurant and lounges. It is a good time to walk around this area and go bar hopping, you will find a lot of American up here during the summer.

Your best bet is to contact our city hall and tell them when you are going to be here and what you want to do, they will get back to you, that have a torism office which is really good.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:05 PM

605 posts, read 1,842,414 times
june in toronto is really variable... i think last year we had our biggest heat spell and one day got up to about 34 C or around 92 F...but that was inland at the airport...by the lake it was probably mid 80s. But then it could be cool to with days in the low-mid 60s. I would check theweathernetwork.com for the forecast a day or so before.
And i think that the list you have is pretty good. You don't want a really busy schedule. Are you thinking about going to UofT?

Old 04-19-2009, 06:33 PM

122 posts, read 412,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
Thanks a lot. Appreciate the response. What kind of weather can I expect during the beginning of June?
The Weather June. ( Normals )
High (74F) 23C
Low (52F) 11C

Could get Cooler at night, below 11C due to winds from lake ontario.

Can also get cooler during the day, Below 23C.

Coldest it ever got in June was 0c (32F)

Last edited by Winter-40c; 04-19-2009 at 06:44 PM..

Old 04-19-2009, 09:07 PM

773 posts, read 1,214,893 times
Hereis the web site for the distillery district, North America's largest and best preserved Victorian industrial community.
Welcome to the Distillery District (http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/frameset.html - broken link)
No visit to the distillery district should ever go without taking advantage of its Mill street brewery. An excellent selection for local brew. Just don't bring a car so you can do a proper liquor inspection. The distillery district isn't rough at all. The area north of Queen, which is several blocks north called Regent Park, is the area they say you should use your street smarts. I have never seen any violence around there, not that it's much of a touristy spot anyway, but I would just make sure not to engage in conversation with the characters hanging around on the street. For the most part they can be harmless, but the ones who appear to be crackheads probably are. Any area west of the distillery district is perfectly safe and gentrified up to Queen St.

Parkdale though is on the other side of town, at the west ends of Queen and King street. The area is not as bad as the media may suggest, but you would still use common sense. In fact immediately east of it before you hit Dufferin Street along Queen is one of toronto's best late night spots with excellent restaurants, like the drake lounge, pubs like the beaconsfield, and unique clubs, gay,straight, and beyond, like the Gladstone, the Social, and Toronto's biggest fetish, swingers club Wicked. All of these help make west Queen West a very entertaining neighbourhood on the weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto