Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 03:55 PM

93,344 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

Seriously, I wonder what is in the water in the GTA, as it seems like the women I've seen or met from Toronto, regardless of nationality or race, seem to be attractive. Is it just me or does anyone else notice this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 04:29 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Same thing, except even incredibly moreso for Montreal. That factoid is true, everyone in Montreal is so well dressed and good looking. Toronto is true as well but not so much.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:07 PM

93,344 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Same thing, except even incredibly moreso for Montreal. That factoid is true, everyone in Montreal is so well dressed and good looking. Toronto is true as well but not so much.
I've heard that too. When I was stationed at Ft. Drum, NY, I had some friends go to a club in Montreal and they said that they did not see an unattractive woman in the club.

Also, a lot of guys at the base would have girlfriends in Kingston, Toronto, Belleville, Ottawa and Brockville too. They covered a wide range of women and they all seemed to be good looking too.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:31 AM

176 posts, read 638,787 times
Toronto Women, imho, have a lot of time to master their appearance over the winter months (don't skorn me, its true...think about it).

When they come out in the Nightlife, yes sure, they're going to look prime. Also, the relaxed lifestyle of living in a luxury city without the stressors of living in a big city without such infrastructure, pays dividends too. (To get to their favorite store, they can just drive up to a well equipped mall and park! , vs take the train and what not).

Theres a lot of time for them to do, the things it takes for them to do in looking so good, with relative easy up there, vs hustling to try and do the same in other less equipped metrolpolises'..

Old 05-24-2009, 06:49 PM

75 posts, read 575,041 times
They are attractive but have a chip on their shoulders from living in Toronto, which can be a jungle at times. The men are not gentlemanly at all. I saw a guy last weekend follow a girl in his car on the sidewalk for two blocks when she is clearly uninterested. That will get you an harrassment charge in the US fast. Because of all that, Toronto women will go to great lengths to appear uninterested, its a security/defence mechanism.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:56 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,241,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsdale View Post
Also, the relaxed lifestyle of living in a luxury city without the stressors of living in a big city without such infrastructure, pays dividends too. (To get to their favorite store, they can just drive up to a well equipped mall and park! , vs take the train and what not).
Huh? This doesn't make any sense at all. Toronto is a city where walking, cycling and using public transit is something almost everyone does, especially in the old inner city where you will see most of the best looking and well dressed women.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:38 PM

43 posts, read 175,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan5576 View Post
They are attractive but have a chip on their shoulders from living in Toronto, which can be a jungle at times. The men are not gentlemanly at all. I saw a guy last weekend follow a girl in his car on the sidewalk for two blocks when she is clearly uninterested. That will get you an harrassment charge in the US fast. Because of all that, Toronto women will go to great lengths to appear uninterested, its a security/defence mechanism.
What the......

Old 05-25-2009, 10:30 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Seriously, I wonder what is in the water in the GTA, as it seems like the women I've seen or met from Toronto, regardless of nationality or race, seem to be attractive. Is it just me or does anyone else notice this?
I tell you what...I will be in Toronto from Saturday until sometime mid-next week. I will report back.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 AM

176 posts, read 638,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticman View Post
Huh? This doesn't make any sense at all. Toronto is a city where walking, cycling and using public transit is something almost everyone does, especially in the old inner city where you will see most of the best looking and well dressed women.
Atticman, point taken!, but..

You gotta see it from my point of view...

When a hot Cougar in Illionois state, say Chicago for example, sets out on average, she can park at the local mall, Valet in fact in some certain establishments, and get a full treatment.

When the same Woman in a city that does not have wide open spaces like Chicago and Toronto, and said Mall,..

sets out on any day on average, She can not afford the same convienience and comfort, as if she had taken the Train, on average..

That's all i'm sayin'

Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 AM

163 posts, read 628,573 times
really?!

this is the first i've heard of this phenomenon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto