Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 05:30 AM

879 posts, read 1,631,387 times

Advertisements

A lot of posters are neglecting historical context. Among the highest rates of crimes committed in Canada are among aboriginal groups.

That says a lot. There are a significant number of blacks who have historically been subjugated (colonialism or slavery). Blacks are not native to Jamaica. The mess in some of the islands and some countries in Africa has a lot to do with colonial roots. Native Canadians have seen a similar subjugation.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:03 PM

126 posts, read 557,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
I read the link you posted and it is UTTER BS. People perceive blacks as violent because THEY ARE VIOLENT. IE cause and effect. Even if all non-blacks treated blacks with the upmost respect and equality, NOTHING WILL CHANGE for many blacks because bad black parents who raise their kids like trash will continue to raise their kids like trash.

On the otherhand if blacks got their sh$t together and had kids only when they were capable of raising them and then did a good job of raising them like most non-black parents did, that would make a world of difference. Getting rid of the bad elements in black communities and ahving more good black kids being raised means less of them will turn violent and criminal and that will eventually translate into lower crime rates.

Blaming other people for thinking of blacks negatively and then using that to explain why so many blacks commit crime is just another lame excuse in a long line of lame excuses when we know that blacks themselves are the root cause of most of their problems. Continually making excuses means blacks won't have to get up and do something to change themselves because hey its always someone else's fault and not theirs therefore they believe they don't need to do anything.

I think that part still holds true to this day. Whether blacks are born in Canada or they come here as immigrants, there's almost always more problems coming from them than anyone else.

Exactly in what way am I framing it or what I'm blaming it on is 'racist'?

Tell me your opinion on why black crime rates are so high? How would YOU frame it and what would YOU blame it on?
You are a waste of my time. The link tries to explain the racial disparity in crime rates, not deny it.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:13 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving on a Jet Plane View Post
You are a waste of my time. The link tries to explain the racial disparity in crime rates, not deny it.
Except that article's explaination is UTTER CRAP and its amazing that anyone would actually believe any of it.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,501 times
Quote:
I read the link you posted and it is UTTER BS. People perceive blacks as violent because THEY ARE VIOLENT. IE cause and effect. Even if all non-blacks treated blacks with the upmost respect and equality, NOTHING WILL CHANGE for many blacks because bad black parents who raise their kids like trash will continue to raise their kids like trash.

On the otherhand if blacks got their sh$t together and had kids only when they were capable of raising them and then did a good job of raising them like most non-black parents did, that would make a world of difference. Getting rid of the bad elements in black communities and ahving more good black kids being raised means less of them will turn violent and criminal and that will eventually translate into lower crime rates.

Blaming other people for thinking of blacks negatively and then using that to explain why so many blacks commit crime is just another lame excuse in a long line of lame excuses when we know that blacks themselves are the root cause of most of their problems. Continually making excuses means blacks won't have to get up and do something to change themselves because hey its always someone else's fault and not theirs therefore they believe they don't need to do anything.

I think that part still holds true to this day. Whether blacks are born in Canada or they come here as immigrants, there's almost always more problems coming from them than anyone else.

Exactly in what way am I framing it or what I'm blaming it on is 'racist'?

Tell me your opinion on why black crime rates are so high? How would YOU frame it and what would YOU blame it on?
Your comments definitely are racist. The issue is not skin colour but lack of education. Black youth is negatively affected by the rap / hip-hop culture in the US & by racist people like yourself.

However, when buying a house, the first thing on my mind is safety and well-being of my family. Whatever problems exist in the black (or whatever other) community, I am all for solving them. However, no sensible person will put their family at risk to be politically correct.

After having lived 7 years in pre-dominantly black areas of Scarborough, I can say with 100% confidence that there definitely is a problem in the black community of Toronto. I will never live in a pre-dominantly black area again. Drugs. Gangs. Murders. You name it. Some areas like Malvern / Morningside were so bad that entire blocks were staying home all day dealing weed, crack-cocaine and other goodies. Some of you were making gangsta comments like "oh it's nothing like the states"... I don't know what your reference point is The Malvern / Morningside area in Scarborough had Jamaican drug lords (the neighbours I had to live with...) that had slipped through our immigration system. Professionals don't work in isolation or do petty violent crime that cops chase after... these guys were into organized crime. Entire blocks worked together. Shipping companies. Transport companies. Security officials at Canadian ports & borders. Good luck if you wanna be politically correct and live with such people.

My advice is if you are buying a house in Toronto, stay away from pre-dominantly black areas. And I would also add high concentration of Tamils to that mix because that community also seems to have many of the same problems. I'm not saying this out of racism.. I'm saying these communities have a problem with the law and until that is resolved there is no reason for you put your family at risk.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronomo View Post
Your comments definitely are racist. The issue is not skin colour but lack of education. Black youth is negatively affected by the rap / hip-hop culture in the US & by racist people like yourself.

However, when buying a house, the first thing on my mind is safety and well-being of my family. Whatever problems exist in the black (or whatever other) community, I am all for solving them. However, no sensible person will put their family at risk to be politically correct.

My advice is if you are buying a house in Toronto, stay away from pre-dominantly black areas. And I would also add high concentration of Tamils to that mix because that community also seems to have many of the same problems. I'm not saying this out of racism.. I'm saying these communities have a problem with the law and until that is resolved there is no reason for you put your family at risk.
Let me get this straight. You say I'm a racist yet your comments 100% prove my arguments are true, yet somehow your comments about staying away from black neighborhoods isn't racist, yet my comments about blacks not raising their kids properly are? Really? >_>

Where have I ever said blacks are violent because of their skin color? They're violent because as you say their culture is mostly trash and negative and as I said black parents do a horrible job of raising their kids.

You live in the GTA so you should know that all those neighborhoods you mentioned and others where there are higher concentrations of blacks also have plenty of non-blacks living there too. So tell me why non-black families living in those exact same neighborhoods in the exact same enviroment can raise most of their kids to be non-violent and not be criminals while so many black parents fail to do the same? Obviously the biggest factor is black parents are doing a pi$$ poor job of raising their kids and then they allow them to hang out with bad elements of the black community which further mess their kids up.

That's why non-blacks living in poor neighborhoods still have very low crime rates while blacks living in the same neighborhoods don't. Yeah I'm the racist here when even you agree with me.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:54 AM

564 posts, read 1,040,536 times
Quote:
So tell me why non-black families living in those exact same neighborhoods in the exact same enviroment can raise most of their kids to be non-violent and not be criminals while so many black parents fail to do the same?
Max, it is about how an individual perceives their worth to society. The first thing a lot of black kids learn is that even their own fathers don't value them. Then the schools, then the mass media, where white celebrities are endlessly promoted and fawned over as the most beautiful and valuable. Then the workforce, then the authorities, who stop you and apply just a little more attitude and strongarming to their dealings with you. The society at large, in general, still assigns them the lowest value. Crime is a way to take control, to have power and influence within your environment (power and influence that is denied by the mainstream), and when someone knows that society does not value them, and they do not value themselves, what motivates them to follow the rules and/or give a crap?

Even the poorest non-black kid will still see himself reflected in the larger society in a positive way. He will feel like there is a chance, and if he has enough intelligence and good guidance, he can make it out. This path is still much more obscured and difficult for kids of colour, especially when they are poor, ostracised, and/or alienated in some way.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthYorkEd View Post
Max, it is about how an individual perceives their worth to society. The first thing a lot of black kids learn is that even their own fathers don't value them. Then the schools, then the mass media, where white celebrities are endlessly promoted and fawned over as the most beautiful and valuable. Then the workforce, then the authorities, who stop you and apply just a little more attitude and strongarming to their dealings with you. The society at large, in general, still assigns them the lowest value. Crime is a way to take control, to have power and influence within your environment (power and influence that is denied by the mainstream), and when someone knows that society does not value them, and they do not value themselves, what motivates them to follow the rules and/or give a crap?

Even the poorest non-black kid will still see himself reflected in the larger society in a positive way. He will feel like there is a chance, and if he has enough intelligence and good guidance, he can make it out. This path is still much more obscured and difficult for kids of colour, especially when they are poor, ostracised, and/or alienated in some way.
Plenty of non-blacks have been downtrodden in the past and present and yet the vast majority of them didn't turn to crime and violence so easily as blacks do. As I've said numerous times the main issue is black parents doing an utter horrible job with raising their kids. If blacks fix that, then all the other things you mentioned don't matter because if black kids grow up to be decent hard, working people then they won't let stereotypes keep them down.

And if anyone thinks that crime is a way to take control, then they're complete morons. Any 'control' that blacks believe they have by committing crime is temporary and in the grand scheme of things utterly useless. If they had any logic and ability to reason they would understand that all the crime and violence they commit does nothing except strengthen people's perceptions about them and instead of feeding into those stereotypes they should be trying their hardest to dispell them.

I can 100% GUARANTEE you right now that if tomorrow everyone treated blacks in the most positive light that you could ever have and treat them with nothing but respect and upmost dignity, the vast majority would STILL behave the exact same way as they do now because that's the kind of people many of them are. It doesn't matter if you treat them like trash or if you treat them like kings and queens, they will still be the same people no matter what. The only difference is that they won't get angry and complain about being mistreated, but that will do little if anything to lower crime and violence among blacks.

There will be no long term change EVER until black parents get their sh$t together and raise their kids like most non-black parents do. Namely with the upmost love and care and teaching them morals and the need to treat their fellow man with respect and to work hard in life rather than taking the easy choice of turning to crime. Until this happens for the majority of blacks, then nothing will change for them.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 AM

3,867 posts, read 5,291,536 times
Quote:
Plenty of non-blacks have been downtrodden in the past and present and yet the vast majority of them didn't turn to crime and violence so easily as blacks do. As I've said numerous times the main issue is black parents doing an utter horrible job with raising their kids. If blacks fix that, then all the other things you mentioned don't matter because if black kids grow up to be decent hard, working people then they won't let stereotypes keep them down.

And if anyone thinks that crime is a way to take control, then they're complete morons. Any 'control' that blacks believe they have by committing crime is temporary and in the grand scheme of things utterly useless. If they had any logic and ability to reason they would understand that all the crime and violence they commit does nothing except strengthen people's perceptions about them and instead of feeding into those stereotypes they should be trying their hardest to dispell them.

I can 100% GUARANTEE you right now that if tomorrow everyone treated blacks in the most positive light that you could ever have and treat them with nothing but respect and upmost dignity, the vast majority would STILL behave the exact same way as they do now because that's the kind of people many of them are. It doesn't matter if you treat them like trash or if you treat them like kings and queens, they will still be the same people no matter what. The only difference is that they won't get angry and complain about being mistreated, but that will do little if anything to lower crime and violence among blacks.

There will be no long term change EVER until black parents get their sh$t together and raise their kids like most non-black parents do. Namely with the upmost love and care and teaching them morals and the need to treat their fellow man with respect and to work hard in life rather than taking the easy choice of turning to crime. Until this happens for the majority of blacks, then nothing will change for them.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:32 AM

271 posts, read 532,306 times
Sorry, "we've been treated wrong historically" isn't going to fly as an excuse in Toronto. Look around. There are now people of lighter pigment living here who have been treated terribly in this lifetime.

You think a Bosnian-Canadian has any time for the 400 years crap?

Old 10-22-2014, 10:38 AM

@edwardsyzzurphands

Come live in Toronto for a year, watch the news daily and then see if you still think I'm racist. I'm betting you won't. You live a sheltered life dude. Time to get out your basement more often and see the reality of things instead of believing in fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto