Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:41 PM

5,886 posts, read 6,088,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Ok you say you've been robbed by asians and whites and lived in an area where it was crime and drug infested by them? Please tell me EXACTLY which area of Toronto this was? If you can't tell me then you're an EFFING LIAR who is making sh$t up because I've lived in Toronto for a number of years and have NEVER seen or read of an area populated by whites or asians that was deemed really dangerous, but there ARE areas of Toronto populated by blacks that you would consider at least somewhat dangerous.

So tell me which areas of white/asian areas are dangerous in Toronto? If you can't name the neighborhoods then STOP LYING AND MAKING SH$T UP because there are no statistics EVER that show any white or asian neighborhoods to be dangerous. So tell me or else I'm calling you a BIG FAT LIAR.

Also what you don't seem to understand is that its not where you come from, its what you do NOW that matters. IE there are plenty of people who come from war torn countries or from extreme poverty and guess what? When they come to Canada they don't PI$$ away their opportunity to build a better life for themselves. You keep using the same old excuse that 'the system' and the people of Canada are holding blacks down, but tell me exactly what services and opportunities do non-blacks have access to in Canada that blacks don't? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

The only difference is that many blacks simply WASTE their chances at success by raising their kids like utter crap and they hang out with the wrong people and turn to violence and crime far too easy compared to non-black kids. Don't try and blame society for the failings of black parents who are too stupid to use condoms and are too lazy and incapable of raising the babies that they do have to be decent, peaceful people. There are PLENTY of non-black poor in Toronto yet the crime coming from them are next to nothing in comparison.
Highest rate of violent crime in Toronto by census tract

1. 5350032.00 (Dundas-Sherbourne): 62.5% white, 13.1% black
2. 5350312.05 (Jane-Finch): 5.5% white, 45.1% black
3. 5350033.00 (Moss Park): 47.4% white, 24.0% black
4. 5350316.05 (Jane-Finch): 17.3% white, 33.3% black
5. 5350207.00 (New Toronto): 66.5% white, 6.1% black
6. 5350039.00 (Alexandra Park): 25.4% white, 12.6% black (and 40.3% Chinese)
7. 5350080.02 (East Danforth): 36.3% white, 11.9% black
8. 5350248.02 (Smithfield): 15.1% white, 44.2% black
9. 5350312.02 (Jane-Finch): 11.9% white, 18.3% black (that leaves a lot who are other minorities)
10. 5350292.00 (Downsview - Chalkfarm): 24.9% white, 33.1% black
11. 5350018.00 (Riverside): 76.3% white, 2.8% black
12. 5350037.00 (Regent Park): 18.6% white, 19.1% black (and 35.4% South Asian)

That's the top 12 out of 400+, so the worst of the worst. Some of them are probably the neighbourhoods you had in mind like Jane-Finch and Smithfield, but you also have areas with relatively few or even very few blacks and high violent crime like Dundas-Sherbourne, Alexandra Park, New Toronto and Riverside. You can also add Parkdale which doesn't make the top 12 but is still up there and has few blacks. Bloordale Village area also apparently has relatively high violent crime. Obviously the crimes aren't necessarily committed by locals although I suspect in many of these neighbourhoods with few blacks, blacks aren't the main offenders.

I'm guessing Mimico is from... Mimico? Or New Toronto. Neither has very many blacks but have relatively high crime by Toronto standards.

Source for all this (scroll down a little to violent crime map):
http://globalnews.ca/news/1313399/he..._campaign=2014

Demographic numbers are from Statscan 2011 National Household Survey

Old 11-17-2014, 12:01 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,098,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimico View Post
that's not to say there's not black crime as well, there's a lot. but to blame skin colour on social problems in the city is close minded and part of the problem that keeps the cycle of poverty re-occurring. violence, drugs, alcoholism, lack of education, these are problems that effect every neighborhood and every class of people rich and poor, black or white.
Here's a collage of Toronto's murder victims in 2012, linked from this article in the Toronto Star.

I don't know whether "the cycle of poverty" is to blame for these deaths, but I do see a disturbing pattern among most of them. Now... What were you were saying again?

Old 11-17-2014, 09:17 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
Highest rate of violent crime in Toronto by census tract

1. 5350032.00 (Dundas-Sherbourne): 62.5% white, 13.1% black
2. 5350312.05 (Jane-Finch): 5.5% white, 45.1% black
3. 5350033.00 (Moss Park): 47.4% white, 24.0% black
4. 5350316.05 (Jane-Finch): 17.3% white, 33.3% black
5. 5350207.00 (New Toronto): 66.5% white, 6.1% black
6. 5350039.00 (Alexandra Park): 25.4% white, 12.6% black (and 40.3% Chinese)
7. 5350080.02 (East Danforth): 36.3% white, 11.9% black
8. 5350248.02 (Smithfield): 15.1% white, 44.2% black
9. 5350312.02 (Jane-Finch): 11.9% white, 18.3% black (that leaves a lot who are other minorities)
10. 5350292.00 (Downsview - Chalkfarm): 24.9% white, 33.1% black
11. 5350018.00 (Riverside): 76.3% white, 2.8% black
12. 5350037.00 (Regent Park): 18.6% white, 19.1% black (and 35.4% South Asian)

That's the top 12 out of 400+, so the worst of the worst. Some of them are probably the neighbourhoods you had in mind like Jane-Finch and Smithfield, but you also have areas with relatively few or even very few blacks and high violent crime like Dundas-Sherbourne, Alexandra Park, New Toronto and Riverside. You can also add Parkdale which doesn't make the top 12 but is still up there and has few blacks. Bloordale Village area also apparently has relatively high violent crime. Obviously the crimes aren't necessarily committed by locals although I suspect in many of these neighbourhoods with few blacks, blacks aren't the main offenders.

I'm guessing Mimico is from... Mimico? Or New Toronto. Neither has very many blacks but have relatively high crime by Toronto standards.

Source for all this (scroll down a little to violent crime map):
Updated: Here’s the sex offender map Ontario didn’t want you to see | Globalnews.ca

Demographic numbers are from Statscan 2011 National Household Survey
The thing you seem to have forgotten is that Toronto/GTA is 93% non-black which means practically every single neighborhood in the city is going to be majority non-black. Even in a neighborhood like Jane/Finch which has one of the largest concentrations of blacks in the city is STILL not majority black. So its pretty meaningless to bring up the demographics of neighborhoods and correlate that with crime when there's no neighborhood in the GTA that isn't majority non-black. For example just a couple of days ago a man was gunned down in a restuarant in Chinatown at Spadina by two black males. Are you going to count that as a crime in a mostly asian/white neighborhood which seems dumb to do or are you going to more accurately classify that as a crime committed by blacks?

If you want to measure accurately as to which group of people is committing the most crime, then look at those statistics DIRECTLY. IE we KNOW the majority of stabbings and shootings that happen on the streets of Toronto involve blacks. We KNOW somewhere between 40-60% of murder victims in Toronto are going to be black each year and we KNOW about 40-60% of murders are going to be committed by blacks. So it doesn't matter where a crime happens, it matters which group of people are committing those crimes.

As I've said before, all you have to do is look at Toronto's crime statistics and then look at those crime statistics subtracting all the crime committed by blacks and you would see HUGE DECREASES in the number of murders, violent crime, rape and crime in general across the board in Toronto. Plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalowings View Post
I live outside of the GTA and I have seen lots of white crime. When I was younger I remember my grandfather was constantly robbed (at least 15 times) and my grandmother assaulted by "white teen" burglars. What had happened is that the city decided to build a government housing complex right next to my grandparents suburb and all the white trash teens decided to wreak havoc on the neighborhood. It really has nothing to do with race, it's much more socioeconomic.
Which city did your grandfather live in? And how many murders and violent crimes were committed in that city? I'm genuinely interested in seeing what the crime rates are now in that area compared to 10 years ago. And I'm willing to bet that the crime rate in that area will still be much lower than the crime rate of blacks in Toronto guaranteed.

And you said a government housing complex was built in the area which is FAR DIFFERENT from kids being raised poorly and growing up to be thugs and criminals. One involves the government bringing in bad elements into a community while the other is a bad community being created because parents can't do their job right.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:08 AM

2 posts, read 9,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Ok you say you've been robbed by asians and whites and lived in an area where it was crime and drug infested by them? Please tell me EXACTLY which area of Toronto this was? If you can't tell me then you're an EFFING LIAR who is making sh$t up because I've lived in Toronto for a number of years and have NEVER seen or read of an area populated by whites or asians that was deemed really dangerous, but there ARE areas of Toronto populated by blacks that you would consider at least somewhat dangerous.

So tell me which areas of white/asian areas are dangerous in Toronto? If you can't name the neighborhoods then STOP LYING AND MAKING SH$T UP because there are no statistics EVER that show any white or asian neighborhoods to be dangerous. So tell me or else I'm calling you a BIG FAT LIAR.

Also what you don't seem to understand is that its not where you come from, its what you do NOW that matters. IE there are plenty of people who come from war torn countries or from extreme poverty and guess what? When they come to Canada they don't PI$$ away their opportunity to build a better life for themselves. You keep using the same old excuse that 'the system' and the people of Canada are holding blacks down, but tell me exactly what services and opportunities do non-blacks have access to in Canada that blacks don't? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

The only difference is that many blacks simply WASTE their chances at success by raising their kids like utter crap and they hang out with the wrong people and turn to violence and crime far too easy compared to non-black kids. Don't try and blame society for the failings of black parents who are too stupid to use condoms and are too lazy and incapable of raising the babies that they do have to be decent, peaceful people. There are PLENTY of non-black poor in Toronto yet the crime coming from them are next to nothing in comparison.
i live on lakeshore blvd at mimico avenue. if you read what i said you would have clearly seen i said there IS black crime aswell. but i was simply saying that based on MY experiences. i have never had an issue in my neighborhood with a black person. thats not to say others havent. there are even people i know who have been robbed by black people here. but i've had many positive experiences. but have had many negative experiences with white people (aswell as positive ones obviously. and i was robbed by tibetan thugs near parkdale. it has nothing to do with black or white. uneducated stupid violent people exist everywhere regardless of skin colour. i've seen white people chasing eachother in the streets with baseball bats, i've seen white people brawling at a streetcar stop at 3 am. i've been followed home by a drunk white guy who wanted me to give him money for more drinks, been asked for crack by white people outside my apartment door. also white people tried robbing me feet away from my apartment, a white dude tried stealing my neighbors kayak (turned out to be a nice guy just drunk). my black friends are raised well just like my white friends, and they are poor living in co op apartments, some lack father figures, but still. regardless of their struggles, make an effort to succeed on a daily basis and are equally successful if not more successful than my white friends! again obviously there will be people who are not like that. but generalizing a whole population based off a small percentage of that populations actions is IGNORANT, the people who make my neighborhood bad and the reason i look over my shoulder late at night for the most part are highly uneducated, addicted white people and roma gypsies living in squalor. lots of young white kids who think they are gangsters going around and robbing everyone, i know black kids who have been robbed by white kids in my neighborhood. there will always be bad people of ever race. stop generalizing the black community saying they are bad people and lazy, most of them work just as hard as yourself, probably harder. why are you blaming the actions of a few terrible people on an entire race... oh wait.... cause you are a racist lol. its a pigmentation difference get over it. black white we are all the same.

Last edited by mimico; 11-18-2014 at 07:21 AM..

Old 11-18-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
You're such a racist piece of ****ing garbage, Max. You really are. 90% of your posts on City Data are against black people.
So because black crime and especially black interracial crime against non-blacks are issues that I feel passionate about and is something I want to bring light to, I'm automatically a racist? If you've read my posts, pretty much everything I've said here is based on facts and statistics.

I challenge you to find a post I've made here that isn't based on fact and solid proof. I don't have to make any crap up about many blacks when they seemed absolutely hellbent on keeping bad stereotypes of them alive each and everyday. So go ahead and tell me what exactly have I said now or in the past which was a lie with regards to blacks? I'd really like to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimico View Post
i live on lakeshore blvd at mimico avenue. if you read what i said you would have clearly seen i said there IS black crime aswell. but i was simply saying that based on MY experiences. i have never had an issue in my neighborhood with a black person. thats not to say others havent. there are even people i know who have been robbed by black people here. but i've had many positive experiences. but have had many negative experiences with white people (aswell as positive ones obviously. and i was robbed by tibetan thugs near parkdale. it has nothing to do with black or white. uneducated stupid violent people exist everywhere regardless of skin colour. i've seen white people chasing eachother in the streets with baseball bats, i've seen white people brawling at a streetcar stop at 3 am. i've been followed home by a drunk white guy who wanted me to give him money for more drinks, been asked for crack by white people outside my apartment door. also white people tried robbing me feet away from my apartment, a white dude tried stealing my neighbors kayak (turned out to be a nice guy just drunk). my black friends are raised well just like my white friends, and they are poor living in co op apartments, some lack father figures, but still. regardless of their struggles, make an effort to succeed on a daily basis and are equally successful if not more successful than my white friends!
People like you keep saying its 'the actions of a few people' that is the problem here, but the thing is ITS NOT the actions of a few people. Its the actions of a large portion of an ethnic group. If it were really the actions of a few blacks, there wouldn't be a shooting or stabbing involving blacks nearly every week in the GTA would there? And there wouldn't be a constantly high black murder and crime rate for DECADES now would there?

For exclusively blacks to have a crime problem for so many years, there HAS to be a systemic issue that affects a significant portion of the black population in the GTA otherwise this would have been solved LONG AGO. And once again as I've said a billion times, its mostly to do with bad black parents.

And also YOUR experiences of being a victim of white criminals is just as you stated. YOUR EXPERIENCES. But the crime statistics of Toronto year on year DO NOT support your argument that white crime is a serious issue in the city. Lookup all the murders in the GTA for 2014 so far and I guarantee you that at least 50-60% of them will involve blacks. Lookup all the gun related and violent crime in the GTA and likely 80-90% will involve blacks. So if white criminals are such a huge issue in Toronto then why aren't we constantly seeing whites being murdered and being seriously injured in fights on the streets the way we see blacks do all the time? Show me all the data that proves white violent crime is a serious issue in Toronto in the last 20 years. I'd really like to see it.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:30 AM

5,886 posts, read 6,088,552 times
I think it's more like 30% of murders and 60-70% of shootings.

Where I grew up there was one black family that kind of conformed to the stereotypes in that the parents weren't around much and the little kids seemed to be mostly supervised by their 10 year old sister. There were also two teenaged boys living there that you didn't see much.

But the only kid I was really worried about was a white boy who was caught with a knife at school and could behave erratically. We saw his father taken out of his house in handcuffs, not sure what for.

There was also another white family that often dumped their garbage in the ravine.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:25 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
I prefer it when the insane racist bs is confined to the Politics section.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:17 AM

So all the people who cried racism, where are you now when just a few days ago this happened:

Girl, 12, boy, 14, arrested for Scarborough kidnap attempt | Toronto & GTA | New

Quote:
Toronto Police alleged the thugs behind the frightening attempted abduction were a girl, 12, and boy, 14. Investigators have also accused the duo of roughing up another woman hours earlier.
The mother, 29, was walking along Livingston Rd. — from the Guildwood Go Station — with her 21-month-old daughter in her arms around 10 :45 p.m. when she heard footsteps and was grabbed from behind.
“They wanted my baby,” the women, who did not want to be identified, told CTV Friday. “I don’t know what was going on in their minds.”
“I was scared for my baby,” she added.
Two black PRETEENS robbing people and threatening a baby with bodily harm if the mother didn't hand over her money. All the people defending black people here are you STILL going to cry racism when crap like this happens that NEVER happens among non-blacks? Let's see anyone defend this incident from two black kids who aren't even freaking teenagers themselves, yet they're ALREADY committing serious crimes. You can't possibly tell me the black community isn't messed up when its only black kids doing these kinds of things here and of course with no apologises whatsoever from their parents, because blacks rarely if EVER do such thing when their children commit crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
I think it's more like 30% of murders and 60-70% of shootings.
In most years blacks DEFINITELY account for between 40-60% of murders and 90-95% of shootings. At last count we were at about 55 murders in the GTA so far and I guarantee close to half of them if not more will be black victims and half or more of the perpetrators will be blacks. And as for shootings, I seriously can't recall the last shooting this entire year where a non-black person was positively identifed as being the shooter. I'm sure there were a couple here or there, but there's no disputing the overwhelming majority of shootings involve blacks considering they're the people most likely to carry weapons with them on the streets.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 6,475 times
The way I see it, its not the race but the social economic situation. When you have nothing, its so tempting to take even a candy bar from the store... But when you are wealthy, why would you do it when you can buy it? Then you spend most of your time protecting what you have...circle of distrust and anger...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto