Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 07:54 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times

Advertisements

Damn OP, you really are not getting it, are you...

The threads you pulled up, not a single damn one of them was about a new 4runner; do you not even read what you look up?

Those threads you just posted are people with 4runners with upwards 10 years old and 200,000 miles of them and having problems, hardly what I call "new"; you think cars that old and that many miles will not ever have any problems? Damn, they are not even the same generaiton, those thread are about the 3rd generation, you have a 5th gen. Only one thread, on post 11, referred to a 5th generation, and that one was very few posters involved, and even some (maybe one) stated a reflash solved the issue. Again, hardly what I call a "widespread issue" and "Toyota is like Yugo".

You have yet to even post one single thing showing a new, 2015 4runner has this problem, let alone this being a wide spread problem.

About every car has probably had a few units having problems with throttle lag. Here is a search of your Ridgeline with lag issues:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ad.php?t=50097

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ad.php?t=78777

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ad.php?t=81977

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ad.php?t=39710

And no, I did not even read the threads, just as you obviously did not read any you posted, or, you are really just do not understand cars at all.

Last edited by boxus; 08-29-2015 at 08:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 08:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I have to say I know a few who bought 2015 's and love them reporting no problems.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:41 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
So OP you got rid of your Tundra, based on your 1 issue with another Toyota product, even though you had no issues with it and got a Ridgeline? Wow. So I guess you will drop Honda if your Ridgeline develops this lag too?

Old 08-31-2015, 06:25 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So OP you got rid of your Tundra, based on your 1 issue with another Toyota product, even though you had no issues with it and got a Ridgeline? Wow. So I guess you will drop Honda if your Ridgeline develops this lag too?
Well, as a matter of fact my Ridgeline is starting to develop this lag, I just noticed today.

So maybe new autos have this problem. It's just the first time I've ever noticed it. But I've never put the pedal to the floor and not had the auto budge an inch.

I didn't drop Tundra because of a lag. I just thought they were overpriced for what I was getting and I was in the market for a new auto. Honda offered me 1% financing and I'd always liked the look of Ridgeline. Toyota was going at about 5-6-% at the time. Don't remember.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:44 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
This entire thread seems to be an attempt by the OP to start some sort of "movement" against Toyota with nothing to substantiate his claims. Maybe the OP should just go trade his 4Runner in for a Ford Explorer or a Jeep Cherokee and move on with his life.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:26 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,664,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Well, as a matter of fact my Ridgeline is starting to develop this lag, I just noticed today.

So maybe new autos have this problem. It's just the first time I've ever noticed it. But I've never put the pedal to the floor and not had the auto budge an inch.

I didn't drop Tundra because of a lag. I just thought they were overpriced for what I was getting and I was in the market for a new auto. Honda offered me 1% financing and I'd always liked the look of Ridgeline. Toyota was going at about 5-6-% at the time. Don't remember.

I'm no Toyota advocate with the issues we've had with our Venza lately, but lag on everything you drive? OP maybe it's you and not the car. We have zero lag in our Venza. You do know that there will be a slight delay with a drive by wire system, right? You may just have your expectations set higher than what new vehicles can deliver.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:14 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
I've been eyeing the 4Runner lately. So on my 2,000 trip I counted how many 4Runners I saw. It was a dozen plus a day. I am thinking it would be a good outfit to have.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:06 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
I'm no Toyota advocate with the issues we've had with our Venza lately, but lag on everything you drive? OP maybe it's you and not the car. We have zero lag in our Venza. You do know that there will be a slight delay with a drive by wire system, right? You may just have your expectations set higher than what new vehicles can deliver.
You are probably right since he is now experiencing it on his Honda.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:54 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This entire thread seems to be an attempt by the OP to start some sort of "movement" against Toyota with nothing to substantiate his claims. Maybe the OP should just go trade his 4Runner in for a Ford Explorer or a Jeep Cherokee and move on with his life.
It's disgraceful how some of you are trying to make pointless excuses for a manufacturer who obviously makes a defective product and then does nothing for its consumers to try to fix it. I showed you threads where at least a half-dozen people complained about the exact same problem I complained about and all you have to say is "Damn, if you don't like the car sell it and buy something else." Like I have the luxury of just taking a 15K loss on something that shouldn't be working like this in the first place!

I came here with a specific complaint. It's not like I do this for fun in my spare time to try to cause a car maker trouble. I've got better things to do with my time. But then many of you start trolling just to stir the pot. You immediately take the side of Toyota when the truth is you couldn't care less whether they make an inferior product or not since you do not own one that is giving you any trouble. Good for you.
As I said, I have no reason to come here to do anything other than report a serious defect that I'm having with an auto we paid 45K for and got no help whatsoever from the dealership trying to resolve. If you don't like it, live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Ohhhh....brother!

Old 09-08-2015, 11:28 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,664,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
It's disgraceful how some of you are trying to make pointless excuses for a manufacturer who obviously makes a defective product and then does nothing for its consumers to try to fix it. I showed you threads where at least a half-dozen people complained about the exact same problem I complained about and all you have to say is "Damn, if you don't like the car sell it and buy something else." Like I have the luxury of just taking a 15K loss on something that shouldn't be working like this in the first place!

I came here with a specific complaint. It's not like I do this for fun in my spare time to try to cause a car maker trouble. I've got better things to do with my time. But then many of you start trolling just to stir the pot. You immediately take the side of Toyota when the truth is you couldn't care less whether they make an inferior product or not since you do not own one that is giving you any trouble. Good for you.
As I said, I have no reason to come here to do anything other than report a serious defect that I'm having with an auto we paid 45K for and got no help whatsoever from the dealership trying to resolve. If you don't like it, live with it.

Ohhhh....brother!
Just so you know..... I actually do own a Toyota that I am in the middle of a battle with Toyota over right now. I'm not taking the side of Toyota, which is why I said I am not an advocate for them. If you had said "I got rid of the 4runner and my new vehicle doesn't do this" then I'd be able to believe it's a manufacturer specific issue (like the issue we are having) but when you say your new vehicle which is a different manufacturer has the same problems maybe you're looking in the wrong place for the culprit.

Drive by wire systems are not the same as cable. Think about it. The acceleration between a carbureted engine driven by a cable, and the acceleration of a fuel injected engine driven by cable are night and day different. The acceleration from a fuel injected engine driven by cable and one driven by a complex system of computers to tell it when to activate a solenoid are also going to be different. The computer has to react to the input you give it. It's electronic feedback, not mechanical as you have with older vehicles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion