Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 01:42 PM

20,291 posts, read 37,116,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Outside of the hybrids, the gap in mileage has closed significantly for vehicles of these different sizes. Technology has definitely come a long way.

I venture to guess that the Toyota badge has a lot to do with why the Rav4 is tops. Toyota's just seem to have a very loyal, almost cult-like following to them. LOL.

Of course it's not practical, it's not an SUV. It's a crossover.

I think the crossover has its uses. We enjoy our Kia Sportage. I have a Honda Civic. The Sportage doesn't do SUV things but we don't need it to. We can get 29 MPG for our roadtrips and it drives very much like a car. Still can't maneuver like a car but it gives us a little more than the car.
It's not the Toyota badge, but its reputation relating to durability. Keep in mind that such as reputation is well know overseas in the Middle East, Africa, AU, and so on where Toyota small trucks and SUVs are used in the areas we extreme environmental conditions (dessert, jungle, and so on).

Take a look at this:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082604637.html

This one is not funny, specially to an Army guy like you nor an AF guy like me, but it's interesting:
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/the...d-ea4a121e948b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 08:26 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,180,739 times
Put close to 300k miles on our 06 Rav4. It was my wife's car.

And those 300k miles where brutal miles. I have no doubt we put that car through more than most people ever will. We lived at 8,000', drove on wash boarded dirt roads every single day, up and down a huge grade going from 5,000 to 7,000 ft almost every day with our foot pinned to the floor for miles going up that grade with the 4banger screaming, lots of snow, mud. We drove that car all over the country.

It took it all and never complained.

What did she buy to replace it with, another Rav4, 2016.

Close to 60k on this one now. I have no doubt we can hit 300k miles.

Rav4 are great cars. Doesn't surprise me at all how popular they are.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:30 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,336,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It's not the Toyota badge, but its reputation relating to durability. Keep in mind that such as reputation is well know overseas in the Middle East, Africa, AU, and so on where Toyota small trucks and SUVs are used in the areas we extreme environmental conditions (dessert, jungle, and so on).

Take a look at this:
Toyota's Corolla is the people's car in Afghanistan

This one is not funny, specially to an Army guy like you nor an AF guy like me, but it's interesting:
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/the...d-ea4a121e948b
Oh yes. The Toyota Hi Lux is the AK-47 of transport. Popular with guerrillas, irregulars, and paramilitary forces around the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion