Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 06:37 AM

1,465 posts, read 1,083,846 times

Advertisements

A 3 door, sportier version would be really nice to have too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 04:06 PM

797 posts, read 752,469 times
The 06 Xrs was the most powerful.
Which I am actually on the lookout for with less than 80k miles. So far found only 1.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:15 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
Kinda disappointed that the cargo volume is less than the model it is replacing also exterior wise I don't think it's as attractive.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:49 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
The Toyota Corolla iM is brandy new. :/

Here's the 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback.

It looks a whole lot like the Toyota Matrix.

2019 Corolla Hatchback IM by Rosethornil, on Flickr
I saw this exact one in the dealership last week. I am tempted to go and test drive it.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:12 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,423,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I saw this exact one in the dealership last week. I am tempted to go and test drive it.
You did not see a 19MY. They are not available yet.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:34 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
It's not gonna outsell Civic Hatchback which comes in more configurations. Toyota always too conservative.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:19 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
You did not see a 19MY. They are not available yet.
It wasn't for sale. It was inside the showroom.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:04 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
I have been shopping for a small sporty, fun commuter car (with preferably stick shift) for a while now. I deviated from my initial characteristics to even consider vehicles like 2015-16 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Veloster, VQ GTI and Honda Civic Si, Mazda3 GT.

I liked them all, they all have PROs and CONs, no doubt but if you want a vehicle that will be a keeper with low maintenance cost. I have the key the thumbs up to 2019 Corolla Hatchback. I really do not like and want a CVT transmission car but if I had to pick one, Corolla's CVT would be it as well. Also, of all the cars I reviewed, it is the only one using the tried-n-true dual-injection fuel system brought down from the Lexus line. All other makes are using DI which we all know will have issues 30+K miles down the road which can cost easily above $2K to resolve. That is a hefty maintenance cost to deal with every 30K-50K miles, if you ask me, and it is not even covered under and warranty!

I like the interior as well, despite the stick on infotainment system which really annoys the hell out of me.
Cargo and rear seating is very limited but this is a compact vehicle so I find it a bit ludicrous to expect much space at either area. The front seat area was roomy enough for a bigger guy like myself with ample head space as well.

I do admit and wished it had a more powerful engine. 168HP won't get my nipples hard but similar to cargo space expectations, you cannot have a fuel efficient compact 4 cylinder car to produce a power output to get you excited. Mazda3 is also NI same as Corolla Hatch which I prefer, but offers another 16 ponies if you get the GT trim which costs quite a bit more than base model Mazda3 with 155HP.

That said, the fuel efficiency of Mazda3 is not quite as good as Corolla either. I have watch numerous reviews online and they all claimed over 30 MPG combined even when they were being aggressive during the test drive. I heard the figure was in the high 20s at best for Mazda3 even with modest driving.

I think it will come down to BUY or LEASE. If Leasing, one can get ANY car, without worry. Even a FIAT would be fine since you have nothing to worry about during the lease term, then you can just turn it in and walk away.

However, if planning on keeping the vehicle pass warranty period, the only vehicle I see that will create the minimal headache would be the Corolla Hatchback, imho.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:07 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
I finally got a chance to test drive the Corolla Hatchback in XSE trim with manual transmission. Visually, it is a very nice looking vehicle. Trim wise, get what your needs and budget dictates but I personally prefer the tires and couple of options that comes with the XSE trim. To me, worth the price difference.

Handling was superb. Braking and acceleration was better than I expected. I was really impressed. The only thing better than the handling was the shifting. I have test-driven about half a dozen different stick shift vehicles in the last year or so, and this was, hands down , the best one!

For giggles, I turned off the iM (Intelligent Manual or whatever it is) feature which can be access easily by a button on the lower center part of the dash. It still shifted very nicely but it seemed more "raw", almost like driving a really good manual transmission vehicle from the 80s, there was no computer interference, you were on your own with the controls, mainly revs. So, iM is Toyota's "Rev matching" feature.

Anyhow, I am definitely hooked on this car. I would still love to see N30 from Hyundai but if I can get a great deal on a stick shift Corolla XSE in Blizzard Pearl, I might pull the trigger.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:25 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,564,559 times
The back of the 2020 corolla sedan looks like a ford. Japanese Fiesta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion