U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 08:20 PM

126 posts, read 78,873 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's just me but the rear end of this car looks like a cheap and poorly designed Ford product to me. Given the attention detail Toyota paid to the rear end of the new Avalon, Camry, Gen 4 Prius, Prius Prime, CHR all on TNGA platform I was expecting something more exciting here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 04:42 PM

1,408 posts, read 689,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcherry View Post
on my 2010 , I had a spare tire on back door, not run flats. and I did replace tires with mich. all season tires.
I love Michelins. I never buy any other brand any more, unless I'm thinking of selling the vehicle. But their all-season tire is not a really good snow tire. It is ok, and I'll leave it there.

Which means I'm thinking the Michelins do not rule out tires as a source of your complaint.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:47 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,941,810 times
Price, specs and other info to be announced on November 20th. I'm assuming a December launch??

I'm interested in either the Limited or the hybrid...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_yNvcZ03BQQ&t=36s

Old 10-08-2018, 04:15 PM

4,235 posts, read 4,040,762 times
My '15 RAV is really racking up the miles and I started looking around for a replacement. Learned about the Adventure model and its towing capacity, so traded in the '15 for one of the last '18 Adventures. Don't like the new body style, so there is only a small window if one wants to purchase the older body style. The Adventure has a lot of silly black "highlights", so I got one that is pained black, which does not show the black trim. Only thing I'm giving up on my old Limited is the CD player. And the Homelink/compass rear-view mirror, (which I added after purchase).

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho and her sub-forums, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 10-08-2018, 05:37 PM

4,942 posts, read 5,655,498 times
The only RAV4 I will consider is an older V6 model.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:11 PM

1,459 posts, read 2,278,438 times
All the real stats are embargoed Until November 20th, 2018. But the pictures and preliminary videos are out on youtube. Look for a December Launch date across America. The Interior looks amazing.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:03 PM

344 posts, read 258,870 times
The ‘19 Rav 4 looks interesting. My 2016 Rav 4 Hybrid has been flawless, very happy with it. My local dealership sent me an offer to buy my vehicle claiming it’s in very high demand. Although I see Rav 4’s everywhere it seems. Offered me beyond book price, 0% interest on 2018 Rav 4 or XLE Highlander or a Lease option. The letter said even if I don’t buy from them they want my vehicle. Sounds like they have a lot of 2018’s to sell. Why would I buy a 2018 model which is essentially the same as my 2016? Anybody looking for a good deal may want to wait until the 2019 model is available then grab a heavily discounted 2018. I would consider taking a 2018 Highlander that was restyled in 2017 if their deal was legit but they rarely are. I expect from what I’ve seen the 2019 Rav 4 to be in high demand, looks a bit like the Lexis NXT.....

Old 11-11-2018, 06:22 PM

7,433 posts, read 3,070,758 times
Looks like the RAV4 will be the size of the old highlander. They keep growing....

Old 11-25-2018, 05:30 PM

329 posts, read 80,062 times
Now that the embargo is off, there are multiple driving impression videos on YouTube, and they are (mostly) very favorable. Especially interesting to me is the hybrid model, getting 41 mpg highway. One article compared its "cost to operate comparable to a Tesla Model 3", assuming the $0.26 per KWH charged on Tesla's CA supercharger network, and obviously, this is using today's gas prices. This appears to be a "tipping point" in my mind - the idea of being able to purchase an AWD, essentially "mid-size" SUV that is able to get over 40 mpg, is a huge accomplishment. Plus, the hybrid is only an $800 premium over the base model - for this cost, why even offer a base model at all? If the payback for the hybrid is between one and two years, it's a no-brainer in my mind. This is discounting the fact that the hybrid has more horsepower and torque - I can't wait for the specs to see how its acceleration compares to the old V6 RAV4. Bottom line, why in God's name would someone pay the (at least) $10,000 premium for an all-electric car, with the inherent range problems, when one can purchase a hybrid this good?

The only negative I've seen is that the roofline is low enough such that some drivers conk their melon getting in. Being tall, this is a big deal to me, but like with anything subjective, I'll have to see for myself. Assuming (hopefully) this vehicle will have the same reliability as Toyota's Prius drivetrains, I'd say they have a real winner on their hands - bravo, Toyota. I can't wait to go for a test drive myself.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:52 PM

18,639 posts, read 17,012,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Now that the embargo is off, there are multiple driving impression videos on YouTube, and they are (mostly) very favorable. Especially interesting to me is the hybrid model, getting 41 mpg highway. One article compared its "cost to operate comparable to a Tesla Model 3", assuming the $0.26 per KWH charged on Tesla's CA supercharger network, and obviously, this is using today's gas prices. This appears to be a "tipping point" in my mind - the idea of being able to purchase an AWD, essentially "mid-size" SUV that is able to get over 40 mpg, is a huge accomplishment. Plus, the hybrid is only an $800 premium over the base model - for this cost, why even offer a base model at all? If the payback for the hybrid is between one and two years, it's a no-brainer in my mind. This is discounting the fact that the hybrid has more horsepower and torque - I can't wait for the specs to see how its acceleration compares to the old V6 RAV4. Bottom line, why in God's name would someone pay the (at least) $10,000 premium for an all-electric car, with the inherent range problems, when one can purchase a hybrid this good?

The only negative I've seen is that the roofline is low enough such that some drivers conk their melon getting in. Being tall, this is a big deal to me, but like with anything subjective, I'll have to see for myself. Assuming (hopefully) this vehicle will have the same reliability as Toyota's Prius drivetrains, I'd say they have a real winner on their hands - bravo, Toyota. I can't wait to go for a test drive myself.

It is not $800 more, it is $2200 more. The $800 is if the base LE has AWD. The hybrid only comes in AWD. But you are correct that if you want AWD, it's a no brainer to get the hybrid over the LE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion