Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:05 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
02 Tundra...75,000 miles. good truck. TRD pkg sr5
05 Tundra....48,000 miles. great truck. sr5, factory dual exhaust.
90 Corolla...225,000 miles on origional engine. Head gasket blew so I sold it cheap, only to find I could have bought a Japanese takeout engine with less than 40,000 miles on it, complete for $125!
84 pickup. speedo broke, estimated mileage at least 250,000 when valve job was done. sold it in '03 and it's still running around town.
But just for kicks, you gotta give credo's to a coworkers 73 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup with 1million,475,000 miles. Yeah. a million four hundred and seventy five thousand miles. 4 engines, multiple trannys. Everything has been replaced at least once except for the rear axle bearings. Bought it new, still drives it every single day to and from work. And it looks like a truck with maybe 75,000 miles on it. Toyotas are great, but alot of longevity begins with owner care.
This is true about the owner being the key to a vehicles long life. But I don't feel that four engines and multiple tranis qualify as the best vehicle. Now if that would have been the same engine at over a million miles, then I would have been impressed. When I was looking at my truck the dealership had a Toyota sitting in thier showroom that had over 700,000 miles on the odometer and it was the same motor. Plus it had never had any major engine work done on the engine or trani. And it was a one owner car, he traveled coast to coast as a salesmen. Now that impressedes me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
SteveO,

Please, this thread is for positive things about our Toyota and why we love owning them. Please no negative comments about the Toyota products on this thread. If you want you can start your own thread on that subject. I asked for everyone to stick too that on my OP. Thank you.

Oh, and all Honda owners are welcome to comment on your vehicles and why you like them.
First off, I loved owning them, as boring as they were. I wanted to share my problems and loves with my Toyota's, thats all.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:15 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
I had a 1997 Lexus ES300 for 10 years. The car ran and ran without any major repairs. I traded it in for a 2008 Camry Hybrid. I love the TCH! I have had the car for a little over 13 months with a little over 11,000 miles on it.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:17 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
This is true about the owner being the key to a vehicles long life. But I don't feel that four engines and multiple tranis qualify as the best vehicle. Now if that would have been the same engine at over a million miles, then I would have been impressed. When I was looking at my truck the dealership had a Toyota sitting in thier showroom that had over 700,000 miles on the odometer and it was the same motor. Plus it had never had any major engine work done on the engine or trani. And it was a one owner car, he traveled coast to coast as a salesmen. Now that impressedes me.
I knew you had some hatred for me. This guy you quoted stated his problems with his Toyota's and also pointed out another make and model and you didnt say anything. I do the same thing and youre all over me.

Back on topic, my fave Toyota I owned was the Paseo. As slow as it was (92hp stock), it handled excellent when I lowered it 1.75", threw on some stickier rubber and bigger rims (14" stock to 16" ADR rims), strut tower brace, yanked the P/S, and lightened the car. I used to hang relatively well with my buddies' modified Miata in the twisties. The engine (minus the header crack and o2 sensor problems) was bulletproof and never once left me stranded.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:56 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times

This is my newest daily driver.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I knew you had some hatred for me. This guy you quoted stated his problems with his Toyota's and also pointed out another make and model and you didnt say anything. I do the same thing and youre all over me.

Back on topic, my fave Toyota I owned was the Paseo. As slow as it was (92hp stock), it handled excellent when I lowered it 1.75", threw on some stickier rubber and bigger rims (14" stock to 16" ADR rims), strut tower brace, yanked the P/S, and lightened the car. I used to hang relatively well with my buddies' modified Miata in the twisties. The engine (minus the header crack and o2 sensor problems) was bulletproof and never once left me stranded.
No, your wrong. I hold no hatered for anyone. If you would look at the headliner on the post to him, I kindly ask, and I quote," Please only stories about Toyotas and Hondas", and thats all there is too it.
And to set things strait, the OP was "Lets hear it from all the proud Toyota owners". So please, either stay on topic or move on, Thank You

Old 01-04-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post

This is my newest daily driver.
Is that you in it? Nice picture

Old 01-04-2009, 06:14 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Quote:
Is that you in it? Nice picture

No, it is not me but it is exactly the car I bought, 08 Camry SE.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:15 PM

17,374 posts, read 16,518,282 times
My first car was an '89 Tercel. I almost never changed the oil (barely could afford gas back then). But it chugged along for 10 years, never once breaking down on me.

That little car owed me nothing (but the dealer gave me $1500!) when I traded it in for my '99 Corolla - which still runs like a charm. I change the oil on this one.

Love this thread!

Old 01-04-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
No, it is not me but it is exactly the car I bought, 08 Camry SE.
Just ribbin ya there Mr.Cat, LOL, gotta have some fun on CD. What kind of mpg do you get out of it. I'm hoping this year I'll b able to get a Prius for the Better half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion