U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 12:00 PM

164 posts, read 859,402 times

Advertisements

I have an 09 Toyota tacamo DC 4x4. I want to put a suspension lift kit on it for better looks and some offroading. There are so many options it has become very confusing. Looking at lifting 3-6 inches based upon quality of lift kit. I will run 18" wheels with tires at 33".

Any opinions on leveling kits, coil over designs, or drop bracket designs?

Which is better and why?

Costs appear to run between $500 for level to upwards of $2500 for a drop bracket.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 02:39 PM

1,765 posts, read 6,313,373 times
I've never lifted a Toyota. All the guys I've ridden with who pilot them buy an old Toyota and swap in a solid front axle.

I'll share my opinion here too, having lifted a Chevy and a Dodge truck (mild) and a Jeep (modded):

Going off-road means breaking stuff and scratching stuff, at a minimum, unless you just roll down dirt roads that are maintained (no limbs to reach out and grab your paint)

Lifting something and lifting something right are two different things. Doing it right on newer rides may cost upwards of 6K unless you want a curb crawler (and there's nothing wrong with curb crawlers, they look hot.)

It is expensive in terms of daily operation, and it also pisses of lien holders and insurance companies.

If I had a new Toyota and had to get it up a little, I would search for a budget boost for my model. "BBs" normally get you a few inches so that bigger tires and aftermarket wheels don't eat up the fenders.

As far as full-on systems, Rubicon Express has never done my Jeep wrong. I don't know who the big dog is for Toyota. I would visit the Toyota off-road forums out there and read up on what the experts have to say. That's a damn fine truck you have.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:20 PM

18,938 posts, read 17,240,121 times
Visit TTORA or yotatech and search before asking lift questions. That said, go with a suspension lift over a body lift, its a bit more expensive but will be worth it.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:45 PM

184 posts, read 479,533 times
excellent choice getting the taco. You should check out tacoma world...

Tacoma Forums - Tacoma World Forums

There are so many pics of lifted tacomas, you'll be drooling for days.

I think you may find that the toytecs are very popular...

Home*-*Toytec Lifts: Toyota Lift Kits: FJ Cruiser Lift Kits, Tacoma Lift Kits, Tundra Lift Kits, 4 Runner Lift Kits, Sequoia Lift Kits, Toyota Truck Lift Kits

Old 02-05-2019, 02:30 AM

1 posts, read 68 times
Supreme Suspensions Tacoma Full Lift Kit is your answer to a better-looking car. The kit comes with Strut Spacers (2), Extended U-bolts (4), and Rear Lift Blocks (2) along with installation instructions, hardware, decals, and a keychain. The installation process is quite simple.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:27 PM

2,070 posts, read 855,380 times
I use Old Man Emu on my Tacoma and Land Cruisers. Bulletproof.

Old Today, 07:58 PM

654 posts, read 1,792,378 times
Ih8muddotcom Tacoma forum, Lots of info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion