Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 03:09 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times

Advertisements

Shelbygrl seems to have that kind of money.

I wouldn't pay $375K for that if I had the money. There are just too many cars in that class that are more desirable.

I like the Gallardo LP560 or the new fcar, or an Aston DBS.

Yeah yeah yeah you can buy 5 z06s. or 3 ZR1s. Who wants that many?

These cars, as said many times already, are about much more. It is Italian beauty, or rarity, or magnificent interiors.

If it were my money - I'd buy a gently used Ford GT and an Aston DB9. If there was money left over I'd buy a Ford Raptor truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 03:56 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Shelbygrl seems to have that kind of money.

I wouldn't pay $375K for that if I had the money. There are just too many cars in that class that are more desirable.

I like the Gallardo LP560 or the new fcar, or an Aston DBS.

Yeah yeah yeah you can buy 5 z06s. or 3 ZR1s. Who wants that many?

These cars, as said many times already, are about much more. It is Italian beauty, or rarity, or magnificent interiors.

If it were my money - I'd buy a gently used Ford GT and an Aston DB9. If there was money left over I'd buy a Ford Raptor truck.

ShelbyGirl wishesshe had that kind of money!
Nice list tho....DH interested in the Raptor as well!

Old 10-21-2009, 05:33 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
You guys are completely missing the point on this car.

You are all talking about what else you can buy for less money with better stats, etc.

It has nothing to do with that. The average person buying this car makes in excess of $5M a year, has tons of disposable income, and wants it because they like something about it. For them, it's not a question of "what else would I have to give up to get this car". They already have the Lambo and the Ferrari in the garage, and likely a Benz or a Bentley or an Aston, too.

They can afford whatever they want, whenever they want. They'll drive it a few times a month, if that, and eventually get tired of it.

They'll want it it simply to have it, enjoy it for a while, to have a car that only a few hundred people will have.

For them, spending $375,000 on a car is the same decision for us as spending $2500 on a TV. Yeah, you need to think a bit about it, but it's not a life-altering decision.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:39 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
For them, spending $375,000 on a car is the same decision for us as spending $2500 on a TV. Yeah, you need to think a bit about it, but it's not a life-altering decision.
I do my homework on anything over $50... This car is a waste of money. People making $5mil a year didn't get to be that successful by throwing their money away without a thought or care. This "supercar" and its price do not match at all... its abundantly clear. Whoever buys that damn thing will be the laughing stock of the yacht club... its clearly an unwise purchase, in fact it screams unwise.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:48 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
I do my homework on anything over $50... This car is a waste of money. People making $5mil a year didn't get to be that successful by throwing their money away without a thought or care. This "supercar" and its price do not match at all... its abundantly clear. Whoever buys that damn thing will be the laughing stock of the yacht club... its clearly an unwise purchase, in fact it screams unwise.
I don't know about that their are rich people like paris hilton who buy hot pink Bentley's so someone will buy that lexus for some reason or another.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:10 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I don't know about that their are rich people like paris hilton who buy hot pink Bentley's so someone will buy that lexus for some reason or another.
Perhaps... no one that matters will actually buy one, no one who vaguely understands what worthy car is.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:23 PM

17,210 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Perhaps... no one that matters will actually buy one, no one who vaguely understands what worthy car is.
Amen to that.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:36 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
Quote:

To them it's not a stupid purchase though. Any car over $20K is a want car. This car to a person of their means is the same thing as a nice BMW or Infiniti to an average person.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:43 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times
I have a one word to answer which I'd buy; Saleen.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:44 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
looks like a supra gone ridiculous in r and d and failed

You got that right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion