Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 AM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
I'll be sure to do that as I am careening out of control with a wide-open drive-by-wire accelerator, unable to shift into neutral with my electronically controlled transmission, unable to turn off the engine with the push button on the dashboard, and unable to stop with the electronic brakes.
Common what are the odds of that happening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
i believe the word you are looking for is 'c'mon', not 'common'

and i hate to ask but i just have to, you're being sarcastic in your posts on this thread, right?

Mike

Old 02-03-2010, 11:12 AM

264 posts, read 624,852 times
Nowhere in that article does it state anything concerning a recall on the Toyota Prius. Do you know something we don't or did you misrepresent the article in your thread title?

Old 02-03-2010, 01:34 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,368,771 times
Quote:
Not sure, but the odds are better in a Toyota than a Ford.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:47 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
We have a Toyota Sienna and I wouldn't say that it was trouble-free. My wife seems to think that the quality of Toyota vehicles has just gone down, but you can't argue with a record that says that these vehicles are known for reliability and quality. Decades this has gone on. It will take decades for this reputation to be undone too.

But what the hell is the excuse of the American car makers? This is their home market for God's sake! Why haven't they invested the money, time, engineering, and know-how to make cars that far exceed the reliability and quality of foreign cars? They're sitting back on their arses, while german and japanese auto makers have been dominating the market.

Problems with Toyota vehicles seems to be the exception, whereas the problems that plague American cars are the rule.

Verdict? Toyota gets the benefit of the doubt for now.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:59 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
We have a Toyota Sienna and I wouldn't say that it was trouble-free. My wife seems to think that the quality of Toyota vehicles has just gone down, but you can't argue with a record that says that these vehicles are known for reliability and quality. Decades this has gone on. It will take decades for this reputation to be undone too.

But what the hell is the excuse of the American car makers? This is their home market for God's sake! Why haven't they invested the money, time, engineering, and know-how to make cars that far exceed the reliability and quality of foreign cars? They're sitting back on their arses, while german and japanese auto makers have been dominating the market.

Problems with Toyota vehicles seems to be the exception, whereas the problems that plague American cars are the rule.

Verdict? Toyota gets the benefit of the doubt for now.
All of a sudden Toyota is a foreign car company? When we debate American vs. foreign cars, some of the owners of Toyotas and other foreign makes swear up and down that their car is American because it is made in America. Strange how convenient it is to change this story to fit your current agenda.

It is much easier to tear down a reputation that it is to establish one. Everyone knows that.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:19 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
All of a sudden Toyota is a foreign car company? When we debate American vs. foreign cars, some of the owners of Toyotas and other foreign makes swear up and down that their car is American because it is made in America. Strange how convenient it is to change this story to fit your current agenda.

It is much easier to tear down a reputation that it is to establish one. Everyone knows that.
Man, you got nothing better to do than start arguments online? Bottom line is the faulty Toyota gas pedal was made in America by an American company. No friggin Denso pedals are at issue. How thick are u?

Old 02-03-2010, 05:44 PM

749 posts, read 1,789,087 times
Quote:
Man, you got nothing better to do than start arguments online? Bottom line is the faulty Toyota gas pedal was made in America by an American company. No friggin Denso pedals are at issue. How thick are u?

I agree 100% with you. I wish I could give you more rep!! Thank you!

Old 02-03-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Well, you just called me a name so it's obviously you who wants to start fights.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
I agree 100% with you. I wish I could give you more rep!! Thank you!
Two peas in a pod. You failed to read the post I was replying to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion