Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:17 PM

122 posts, read 372,612 times

Advertisements

I am a former F150 Supercrew owner. The Supercrew was a better truck than my previous GMC Sierra. My 2004 Tundra is better than both of them combined!! I'll stick with Toyota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,082,432 times
I'm not big on Toyota myself but this poll is ridiculous. Of course people will continue to buy them.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:00 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,132,407 times
Toyota makes the best cars in the world. If people believe this smear the media is manufacturing, they will depriving themselves of a great car. Toyota is fixing the problem, and will be a better company for it.

FORD??? LOL! IF Toyota ever started making cars as bad as the Detroit 3, I would go to Honda or Hyundai. Detroit lost my trust an patronage 20 years ago after decades of shafting me and all their customers. I'd rather drive a used Yugo over a new GM.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:12 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,635 times
Buy what you want and need, but bad press are whatever, I got a 08 Tundra that will be around a long time after most of those 08 f150's are longggg gone.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:14 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,702,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Another example of folks believing the hype.

Toyota has problems, no doubt. But the hysteria surrounding this is a whole other story.
There's hype, then there's the sales numbers, and Toyota sales are way down. It is offering unheard of rebates and financing to move product and try and jump start sales.

Oddly enough, Honda's current lease deals and incentives are even bigger than Toyotas.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:23 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
Toyota makes the best cars in the world. If people believe this smear the media is manufacturing, they will depriving themselves of a great car. Toyota is fixing the problem, and will be a better company for it.

FORD??? LOL! IF Toyota ever started making cars as bad as the Detroit 3, I would go to Honda or Hyundai. Detroit lost my trust an patronage 20 years ago after decades of shafting me and all their customers. I'd rather drive a used Yugo over a new GM.

I'm laughing....because you're dillusional.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,635 times
Well they had a mighty big problem, but you know they seem to have solved it w/out billions and billions and billion and more billions of tax payer dollars. Gee, I haven't missed a house payment in 20 years, sure wish the government would call my mortgage co. and help knock down some of the loan, oh yea, there only doing that for folks that are behind overbought or dumbazz car company's that make crappy products. Fairly sure Toyota will be around for a while.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:07 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,139 times
Honestly, I have 30,000 on my Camry, and I'm only looking to get out of it because I want a lower payment. The car itself has been amazing, no complaints. Ford is getting better, as is Chevy, Chrysler is a joke. Ford is probably doing the best though. The Fusion competes well with the Camry,Accord,etc. The F-150 will always be Ford's go to. The Feista that comes out this year looks like it might be good. So I guess what I'm saying is with this latest slip-up from Toyota everyone is creeping closer. Honestly, I've considered a Ford if I get rid of my Camry. The Malibu from Chevy, and the Fusion from Ford seriosly compete with the Camry. Could you have said that a few years back when the Malibu and Taurus were only good for a Hertz lot?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:08 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Well they had a mighty big problem, but you know they seem to have solved it w/out billions and billions and billion and more billions of tax payer dollars. Gee, I haven't missed a house payment in 20 years, sure wish the government would call my mortgage co. and help knock down some of the loan, oh yea, there only doing that for folks that are behind overbought or dumbazz car company's that make crappy products. Fairly sure Toyota will be around for a while.
I could be wrong, but Ford didn't accept bail out money, did they?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:49 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
I could be wrong, but Ford didn't accept bail out money, did they?
No, GM and Chrysler did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion