Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:41 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,599,738 times

Advertisements

It got all talked out. I can't believe people still want to go back and forth on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 06:41 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,817,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Like Frank says, all the ones that the media grabbed on were proven to be either the floormats, idiot drivers, or drivers looking to make a quick buck or two. Now that they have been exposed, the issue has gone away.

thats right. And the non knowing here refuse to believe that. Heck, I had a neighbor telling me 2 nights ago that he was told by an 'expert' that its satellite signals that is causing the runaway Toyotas! Imagine the stupidity in that.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,867,738 times
I think most "Smart" Americans realize the truth in this situation, hence Toyota's great sales numbers.

And please don't say it was because of the incentives. If someone truly believed that a Toyota was a safety hazard they wouldn't buy it period.

I think it's time for all of us to move on.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:00 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,215,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
thats right. And the non knowing here refuse to believe that. Heck, I had a neighbor telling me 2 nights ago that he was told by an 'expert' that its satellite signals that is causing the runaway Toyotas! Imagine the stupidity in that.
I've heard about some odd so called explanations but considering todays highly sophisticated electronically controlled vehicles, they can't be ruled out.

I'm not an engineer, are you?

You really don't have to defend Toyota so hard. When Pintos were blowing up left and right did you hear all the Ford guys saying "gee whiz it must be the drivers fault for stopping suddenly and getting rear ended".

Nope you didn't. So quit laying it on so thick.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
I think most "Smart" Americans realize the truth in this situation, hence Toyota's great sales numbers.

And please don't say it was because of the incentives. If someone truly believed that a Toyota was a safety hazard they wouldn't buy it period.

I think it's time for all of us to move on.
Let's move on to some NJ pizza. I still want some!

Old 04-05-2010, 07:15 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,867,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Let's move on to some NJ pizza. I still want some!
Okay come to NJ this Summer. Steve--what is the Taylor Ham/Pork Roll situation in TN?

Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Okay come to NJ this Summer. Steve--what is the Taylor Ham/Pork Roll situation in TN?

They do not have Taylor Ham here!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2010, 08:51 PM

15,405 posts, read 25,693,123 times
Quote:
to bad Im not a toyota fanboy(whatever that is) I just know what it right is right..

Go back and reread the whole report. The final outcome was the floormat.. period.. One a report has been issued, the investigation is over.
The investigation is not over. That was a police report, not an NHTSA report. On page 28, it clearly states that they did not do a thorough investigation. You just want it buried, but the facts are the facts.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:47 PM

2,149 posts, read 3,357,346 times
Quote:
notice how it suddenly stopped happening?? it was almost a daily occurrence until it was proven that the cars were not at fault..
March 23: Camry accelerates into beauty salon - WALB.com News, Weather and Sports for Albany, Valdosta and Thomasville. Leading the way for South Georgia. |

March 24: No injuries reported as car slams into office building

March 29: Man Plows Car Into Strip Mall | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

March 30: TheSpec.com - BreakingNews - Toyota driver grateful no one hurt in crash (http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/745150 - broken link)

March 31: Investigators will look at accelerator in Lexus crash that injured 3

April 5: ksl.com - Manti woman blames accident on runaway RAV 4

April 5: Gwinnett County Woman Says Toyota's Accelerator Stuck - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Old 04-06-2010, 02:47 AM

24,484 posts, read 33,194,282 times
Quote:
hmmmm.. Guess this 'problem' just went away??

actually it was never an issue..
If it was never an issue why does the Department of Transportation want to fine Toyota $16 million for waiting four months to issue a recall for a problem they knew existed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion